www.beautiful-dolls.com

Flandre's Wings (Under construction)

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Shadow X

Flandre's Wings (Under construction)

Post by Shadow X »

Making a new topic to discuss the construction of Flandre's wings and how I'm progressing so far

For starters, I still need to get most of the equipment I need, but I can already start been experimenting with the crystals on the wings and how I can get them to light up in the best way. I was able to find a papercraft of the crystals and even tho I did make one myself, this one is a bit bigger and the lights that I ordered might even fit all the way in those without having to break the ornaments of the lights. So here's a prototype of the crystal:

This is made out of normal printer paper. I took some christmas lights that are not powered by battery and put one of the lights in the crystal to see what the results would be

It can work apparently, but I've got some transparency paper coming in so I'll try to experiment with that also. However, as you can notice, the glue flaps are clearly visible. I need to make a workaround for it, otherwise it might not look well when lighted up. I'm going to try it with double sided tape next and I'll print out one without color to save on the ink.

Kaiya

Re: Flandre's Wings (Under construction)

Post by Kaiya »

Great work! I'm sure those wings will be spectacular when they are finished? Do you know where I can find some Suika Ibuki horns? I have found her gourd, her dress and her wig, but her horns elude me.
Also what about Elfen Lied Lucy Horns?

Thanks! :)
Beautiful-Dolls - Anime 160cm: $0 of $699+ Saving Status: Will start soon. Expected purchase date. (3-5 months)
Boy Toy Dolls - Celestial Series "Star" Configuration 2: $0 of $6400+ Status: URGENT! Due to Limited Quantities, Priority Status. Estimated Saving time 16-19 months.
DS Doll - Kayla Progress: $0 of $5000 Saving Status: Interest updated, may start soon.
4woods/Naughty Dolls - Ally (Little Devil and Lovely): $0 of $$8000-ish Saving Status: Freshly discovered but highly interested.
4 woods - Natsuki (A.I.doll Evolution body): $0 of $8000 Saving Status: Not Started Yet.
4woods - Lilica (Neo J/im body) Progress: $0 of $8000 Saving Status: Primary objective, not started yet.

If you have one of these dolls, and you are looking to sell, I am highly interested depending on condition/age/etc. Please contact me with any information you have or if you would like to possibly discuss a deal. Will consider heads without bodies, different bodies, etc. Thanks everyone! ^_~

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

Kaiya wrote:Great work! I'm sure those wings will be spectacular when they are finished? Do you know where I can find some Suika Ibuki horns? I have found her gourd, her dress and her wig, but her horns elude me.
Also what about Elfen Lied Lucy Horns?

Thanks! :)
http://www.cosplayfu.co.uk/product/Suik ... u+Project/

I can see some horns on that one. It's part of a set, but they might be able to make you the horns seperately.

Kaiya

Post by Kaiya »

Nice, thank you very much. :)
Beautiful-Dolls - Anime 160cm: $0 of $699+ Saving Status: Will start soon. Expected purchase date. (3-5 months)
Boy Toy Dolls - Celestial Series "Star" Configuration 2: $0 of $6400+ Status: URGENT! Due to Limited Quantities, Priority Status. Estimated Saving time 16-19 months.
DS Doll - Kayla Progress: $0 of $5000 Saving Status: Interest updated, may start soon.
4woods/Naughty Dolls - Ally (Little Devil and Lovely): $0 of $$8000-ish Saving Status: Freshly discovered but highly interested.
4 woods - Natsuki (A.I.doll Evolution body): $0 of $8000 Saving Status: Not Started Yet.
4woods - Lilica (Neo J/im body) Progress: $0 of $8000 Saving Status: Primary objective, not started yet.

If you have one of these dolls, and you are looking to sell, I am highly interested depending on condition/age/etc. Please contact me with any information you have or if you would like to possibly discuss a deal. Will consider heads without bodies, different bodies, etc. Thanks everyone! ^_~

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

Well, it seems to be possible to glue it all together without the need for glue flaps, but it's really tricky to do. I think I'll need some stronger glue to make sure it'll be kept in place when Flandre's going to use the wings. I wonder how tricky it's going to be with the transparency film...

Image Image

In about a day or two, I'm going to look for material to make the frame of the wings. I was thinking of wood at first, but I remember it might be easier to use a pvc/copper tubing and find the tools necessary to bend that. I just need to see if the tubing won't be too heavy for Flandre.

skyknight

Post by skyknight »

Looks like a good start. I'm looking forward to see the completed wings.

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

Well transparency film will not be an option, because probably I would need some other type of ink or at least I'm doing something wrong, since my printer isn't doing it well with this material. But I can use normal paper just the same and I figured out another way to build the crystals without using the glue straps. I can just substitute that with double sided tape to eliminate the small problem I first had. I'll post the latest prototype some other time.

I don't have the lights yet, but a quick trip to IKEA will fix that. I found a set of 16 lights there that are apparently solar powered, but I'm going to check if I can leave the solar panel out.

As for the base of the wings, I found some 2mm copper tubes that I can work with. Now it's just a matter of bending them into shape and perhaps get something to give it some bone structure. When I took a close look to the copper tubing, I figured that I might be able to make the weapon with this as well. Here's an example of how the weapon looks like:

http://www.cosplaybuy.com/touhou-projec ... -6008.html

The only thing that I just have to figure out is how I should make the two ends. I would need something that I can easily work with and be able to attach them to the ends of the copper tube.

When that's done, all that I'm missing then are the shoulder straps and something to attach the wings on those straps.

skyknight

Post by skyknight »

As far as the transparency film goes, you could've printed one of the things on normal paper take measurements from that and draw them onto the other material with whatever works on that.

For attaching the straps to the base, that's why I said use some kind of light wood, because you could've attached them just like the ones on that site that sells them did. Also, I think the copper tubes could turn out too heavy.

INFORMATIONS