betterlovedoll.com

She's got a mind all of her own

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

She's got a mind all of her own

Post by RainLover »

2013-09-10 Brisbane Times - She's got a mind all of her own.jpg
2013-09-10 Brisbane Times - She's got a mind all of her own.jpg (71.73 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Nicky Phillips for Brisbane Times wrote:"Robots are the way of the future,'' said artist and researcher Mari Velonaki.

''This doesn't mean they will replace humans but they need to know how to respond to us," said Associate Professor Velonaki, the director the university's new Creative Robotics Lab.

Professor Velonaki, who studies how people's engage with machines, will collaborate with world-leading robotics engineer and Actroid-F's inventor Yoshio Matsumoto and cognitive psychologist Katsumi Watanabe to examine how individuals from different cultures perceive robots.
Complete article, photos and video: :evidence:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-te ... 2tgc0.html
:plaidskirt:

Follow up article...
Mark White for Brisbane Times wrote:Cheok's research shows 60 per cent of people could love a robot. "I think people fundamentally have a desire, a need to be loved, or at least cared for," he says. "I think it's so strong that we can probably suspend belief to have a loving relationship with a robot."
Follow up article and photos: :evidence:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-te ... 2tzey.html
:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Re: She's got a mind all of her own

Post by kharn »

Great article RainLover and thanks for keeping us all updated on the doll world. :glou: :D

I was just reading this one and I can just imagine one paying thousands of dollars for that perfect android companion, only to be told that she has an headache when when one wants to play. :haha4:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: She's got a mind all of her own

Post by RainLover »

kharn wrote:Great article RainLover and thanks for keeping us all updated on the doll world. :glou: :D

I was just reading this one and I can just imagine one paying thousands of dollars for that perfect android companion, only to be told that she has an headache when when one wants to play. :haha4:
My pleasure, kharn. Thank you for noticing! :D

If you find your android/gynoid companion is prone to headaches, that will be a good reason to keep some robo-aspirin on hand to "transform" your companion's pain into passion. :onfire: :mrgreen:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS