betterlovedoll.com

Do you want to talk about Dolls?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
siliventurer
Ex-Member

Re: Do you want to talk about Dolls?

Post by siliventurer »

midiman wrote:A fetish in itself is considered healthy by current psychological standards unless it is to the exclusion of normal sexual behavior.

The vast majority of doll owners who have sex with their dolls are not doing so with the intentional exclusion of sex with real human partners but more so in the absence of them.
A fetish is considered healthy if it does not manifest itself to a point where it interferes with your relationship (friend, spouse, family, etc.), consumes or inhibits almost all of your daily life, or someone gets hurt. Once any combination of those things happens it's without a doubt unhealthy. I think this exlcusion or not of sexual behavior you mention only determines if what you have is classified as a fetish or not since it's official definition requires some form of sexual arousal to be involved.

On the media bit, I really don't think they are to blame. I think the stereotyping and stigmatizing instead comes more from societal perspectives which almost always do frequent comparisons to a normal 'baseline' of human behavior. It's what shapes most of our thinking and has continued to be that way for hundreds of years now. And as for the polls, there are in fact other more controlled scientific ones out there that give an accurate assessment of doll ownership.

I believe the show and its producers have the final say on how they will choose to present it. This will also mostly likely be the case with anyone else looking to give any form of media or film publicity. We are just given the option to go along for the ride or not either through participation or as a viewer.

And ctalon, in 100 years we're most likely not going to see dolls as a common household item like milk and bread because we'll probably be in the age of androids and gynoids by then.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

siliventurer wrote:And ctalon, in 100 years we're most likely not going to see dolls as a common household item like milk and bread because we'll probably be in the age of androids and gynoids by then.
Dolls will always be with us no matter how far robotics progresses. The advancements in the toy industry have show that ;)

When a man can only be aroused by the doll but not a real woman is when it is no longer considered a health fetish.

In he same respect I am not convinced that love dolls are a fetish for most of us. A fetish focuses on the object whereas with love dolls I am looking upon them more as a surrogate for a real woman and therefore do not think of it as a doll. Dolls do not turn me on. Sexy woman do. The dolls look like sexy woman, I imagine them to be .. or wish them to be ;)

If a man is into real time flight sims, and he masturbates while crossing the Atlantic on autopilot would he be labeled as having a flight sim fetish?
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

wale
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by wale »

The mind of the humans beings ( men and women) unfortunately it was programed for look the differences, defects and faults because we were educated in this way. If we reprogram our minds to only look for the similarities we could create a universal Culture where all will be equal. Some similarities that make us equal are: All persons are looking for the happiness, peace, wisdom, health, love and be loved and many others more; then why we think that we are different?. Most of people not only feel superior to others, also think to be superior to the animals. Many animals know better to love and have more and better sex than humans.
The Social Evolution changes according to the needs of the time. The 21 century is the scince and tecnology, and their is better technology for womens satisfy their sexual needs that for men. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_eGE6Cif8 Hugher Fucking Machine motions video! 24 different high tech motions). We must go hand in hand, accept that we have the same concerns and needs for together find a lasting happiness. They should not be comparative or differences, there should only be one purpose and is the satisfaction of living more happy.
Attachments
tumblr_lx4u88Xqlm1qd3178o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lx4u88Xqlm1qd3178o1_500.jpg (100.45 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

jedisextrick

Post by jedisextrick »

Im Steven nice to meet you, please contact me i would like to talk with you

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

jedisextrick wrote:Im Steven nice to meet you, please contact me i would like to talk with you
Sorry to disappoint you, but this thread is a year and a half old, and the episode of Anderson Cooper on question aired almost that long ago. Meanhwile, welcome to TDF. :mrgreen:
RainLover wrote:If you see Midiman at one end of the doll spectrum and Davecat at the other...
Well, if that spectrum is from those who actually prefer artificial companionship to those who denegrate them for it, or those for whom the doll hobby is a genuine lifestyle choice to those who see it as little more than interesting fodder for launching a career as a documentarian...then yes, I suppose I do. :roll:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

INFORMATIONS