In Loving Memory of our dear friend Slate

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

I just wanted to add that I've scanned and included the additional information which Donna has sent. I've added it to the first post in this thread. Here it is as well, just click on the thumbnail for the full size image.

ImageImage

Thank you Donna for sharing this with us. I know that the pain you must be ing through is terrible. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, too.

Ish

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Ishtaria,

Thank you for keeping contact with the family Scott.
I got bit emotionally when reading that the best man has written the message of his funural by himself!

Thank you for your efforts in this major event!

mytime
One dream, one mission...

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Because some PCs and internet connections are slow, I copied the obituary clipping graphic at the top of this topic (it took several minutes to download) into plain text. I am unable to spellcheck it on this PC. Here it is:
Scott C. [surname deleted], 47, died December 25, 2003 from complications of pancreatic cancer at his home in Boise, Idaho.

Scott was born April 19, 1956 in Blackfoot, Idaho to Glen and Diane [surname deleted]. He married Donna Vinyard in 1983 at the summit of Inferno Cone at Craters of the Moon, Idaho.

Scott and Donna founded [business name deleted], a local graphic design and illustration firm in 1985, which Donna will continue to operate.

Although his life was short, Scott felt fortunate to have spent the last 21 years with his loving wife and is very proud of his son and grandsons. Scott enjoyed his work, as well as wilderness exploration, woodworking, and never-ending yard work.

Scott is survived by his wife Donna and his parents in Boise, his brother, Bradley and his family in Blackfoot, and his step-son Gary Driesel and his family in Jerome, Idaho including his two grandsons, Aaron and Benjamin Driesel.

A remembrance for Scott will be held at Raylea Funeral Chapel at 2:00 pm January 10, 2004.

Memorials in Scott's honor should be directed to the Craters of the Moon Natural History Association, Inc., P.O. Box 29, Arco, ID 83213.
Added to the clipping in blue ink handwriting:
"The logical, organized guy he is -- Scott AKA Slate wrote this himself. (except inserting dates)"

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Slate was amazing - he honestly LOVED inflatable dolls AND brought them into the relm of the Silicone dolls with his profound posts.

He raised the bar on inflatable dolls that will be remembered by all.

His work here at the doll forum will never be forgotten and he will live on
in all of our memories.

:wink:
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Tina,

Thanks so much, more than mere words can express, for putting this awesome tribute together, and for sharing the information that Donna sent. I think it's so important that we all have closure here, and you and Donna have ensured that for those of us who need it, it's here!

You're simply the best, thank you again!

:cry: 'cardo
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

quatlox wrote:I have never known someone in cyberspace and had them die.
I've known three (before Slate) computer friends who've died over the years. It doesn't get any easier. All you can do is enjoy the memories of the time you had with them, and hope they're in better place where they're happy and free of pain.

nzffl

Post by nzffl »

Although I did not really have any contact with Scott in this forum, so didn't know him, it is always very sad when a respected member of the community passes away. May I add my condolences to those already expressed by others, and express the hope that maybe Donna can feel she can come here and be among friends in her time of loss.
Tony

Franklin

Slate's Passing

Post by Franklin »

I had no idea ....

I cannot think of a better day to go than on Christmas day. I've heard it said that the God takes the ones he loves most on His birthday. Well I can be sure of some good company in days to come

:) :)

Slate, hats off to you mate! Godspeed and happy sailing!

Franklin

Kia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Kia »

I will be honest, I did not know Scott, but had read his posts and he always seemed very upbeat. My thoughts are with his family.

P.S. I just noticed, Scott lived in the same city as I do. What an odd coincidence.

*Kia*

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

So many TDF Members have had wonderful things to say, especially at a time when a response is difficult, but feels necessary.

Slate seemed more brave than I would be if I were in his situation.
Parents do not normally imagine surviving one of their children and it must be even more difficult for the entire family, since this happened on Christmas.

I had assumed he was all ready dead, having heard no news for a while.
So I have all ready missed him.

I had no idea that tree was planted when he got married.
It is a very nice memorial and very thoughtful to have it on the card.
This is a sad event and the positive observations others have made in this thread have been my observations of Scott as well.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Scott is now at peace, and he will be remembered well. It is my hope that he knows how much he will be missed.

hyzerknight

Post by hyzerknight »

I regret I have missed that much already. :cry:
Though I did not join the forum for very long. Slate....Scott (I would like to address him with his real name) was one hell of a guy that do leave great impression.
For the pass few months, I did feel that something is missing in the forum...YES..that was it...Scott forever smiling/blinking Avatar..tha avatar was just like his post and I assume his personalilty (at least that was my impression)

Despite only being with his presence for a very short time, somehow I do feel sad from the bottom of my heart. Not to mention those who had know him well.
May I add my condolences to those already expressed by others.
Scott is now at peace, and he will be remembered well. It is my hope that he knows how much he will be missed.
I once came across a quote: "The Value of one's Life/existance is not judge by how much achievement (regardless for you or others) nor good deeds you have done, but how many people will cry/miss/remember you when you leave the world. "

Ion Soul

Slate was very brave -- staring into the face of the abyss

Post by Ion Soul »

I corresponded with Slate on this forum on many subjects over the years. He will be sorely missed. May the force be with you.

zmax2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by zmax2 »

slate did great repair work
when ever i did repair work on my doll,debra superbabe,i would always look at the photos of slates repairs,it was so much help.he was always breaking new ground and taking every one to a higher level.
zmax1200

Fargo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fargo »

Slate will me missed by us all, he had that sparkle in the eye that not everyone has, and man how I enjoyed his comments or suggestions whenever he posted something concerning to whatever posts or topics I made, my simpaties to his entire family and close friends.

INFORMATIONS