Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Emergency!!! RD Cleaning Help!!!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Kazuo
Ex-Member

Post by Kazuo »

As if anything else couldn't go wrong today, while I was giving Stephanie a sponge bath I noticed her inner thighs and buttocks were stained with some kind of horrible white speckle!

While this is only visible from a few inches away, even this is unacceptable.

The only remote explanation I can think of for these speckled stains is that Stephanie was sitting on a pillow which was stained by some only dried white hand lotion?

Whatever this stuff is it's nasty! Just getting it off is like trying to getting water out of mud, even if I get the speckle out of her skin just moving it around just presses it in somewhere else. Like I said, no idea WTF this stuff is.

I've tried everything including a tooth brush (which didn't work) The only "success" I am having is with the Abyss cleaning liquid in boiling water and rubbing it out with a camera lens cleaner. Which is very think and doesn't shed lint like almost every other type of fabric, and scrubbing one single 1cm spot at a time. Rubbing alcohol also "works" but as I said this stuff is nasty!

My understanding is that Abyss colors the silicon skin and then seals it and I am worried I might be rubbing off the actual sealant. Or maybe not?

HELP, what is the strongest cleaning material I can use and without harming Stephanie or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Stephanie is an RD1 with platinum silicon.

Thanks for your support.

I did the best I could with the photos.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Emergency!!! RD Cleaning Help!!!

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hi Kazuo,

That's really weird... never seen anything like that. Have you sent an email to Amanda to see what they might come up with for you?

Maybe Bare Minerals might work to cover it up??
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

What sort of powdering process do you use ? Thinking maybe its just small pits (maybe caused by talc or someother process) getting filled with powder (cornstarch).
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

my doll has something like that on her tummy. There kinda like tiny holes the size of cookie crumbs or dust but thats the way she came to me from the realdoll factory so i just thought it was normal. I thought no doll could be 100% perfect when they come out off the molds

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

As the others said, those are trapped air pockets just under the surface. Its not an uncommon occurance and are usually more visible after a wash and powder. Sometimes I find they fade a little if you dont powder for a little while.

If they are really bothersome, the only thing I can suggest is to thin some 1 part clear GE 2 silicone with either naptha or delimonene. Then with a pin very gently poke the air bubble and let a drop of the mix wick in wiping the excess. I have never tried this so I can guarantee the results. This wont be simple becuase I imagine if you try it when you can see the spots you'll be filling in where powder may be and that may not set clear.
" Look deep into my ey....er sexy boobies, and fall under their spell. "

Kazuo
Ex-Member

Post by Kazuo »

Thanks for the support and advice.

As an update since last night, I have found that my CVS bath sponges turned from white to yellow, hence there must have been some type of chemical reaction. (Still can't imagine what caused that since it's the same type of soap and sponges I always use) but there must have been some type of adverse chemical reaction.

In answer to your questions I do not use powders of any type.

I suspect the chemical reaction to of the sponges may have caused white flakes from them to rub off and meld with her skin.

My key question is the use of rubbing alcohol, so far this has been the most useful in getting the speckles out. Yes they are coming out about 30 minutes of intense rubbing and per centimeter if that.

Is there any danger that I am removing the exterior sealant on Stephanie? They way fingernail polish remover breaks down Super Glue? So far I have not noticed any problems.

Musician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Musician »

You might have to ask RD about the sealant question as they would have the most reliable answer.

I had the thought about your difficulty in getting those specs off. I know from my own experience that if the doll and the stuff you want off has a static charge of any kind, it can be a real bitch to get them off. I wonder if you were to spray some Static Guard on the area, if it might help make it easier.

The Static Guard wouldn't hurt the skin at all, and you can always use the rest of the can when your trying to pose her and get her hair to stop sticking to her skin. I use this stuff all the time, and it makes it much easier to deal with her hair and sometimes her clothes as well.

I'm sure you've noticed that these girls can really build a charge and attract a lot of stuff to stick to them.

In case you've never used it before, you can get Static Guard at the grocery store in the laundry soap section. It's usually alongside the fabric softeners.

Just a thought. Good luck with and I wish you success on this.
"The truth can never be wrong, even if no one hears it." - Mahatma Gandhi
My Doll Album: www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11765

Kazuo
Ex-Member

Post by Kazuo »

Static guard is a good idea.

Update, it's not coming off! I'm just going to have to accept that what's there is there to stay. Most concerning is that I still have no idea how it happened.

mozaix

Post by mozaix »

AlyDolly wrote:my doll has something like that on her tummy. There kinda like tiny holes the size of cookie crumbs or dust but thats the way she came to me from the realdoll factory so i just thought it was normal. I thought no doll could be 100% perfect when they come out off the molds
My Su-Jin was identical when I received here. I have just ignored it. As AlyDolly said, I also thought no doll could be 100% perfect. But!!! I have noticed an increase with time! :cry:

Btw. Su-Jin is also made from platinum silicone - tanned color, if that matters.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

not using shampoo with those beads in it? i can not tell if those are on or in. so small. but even chiggers are tiny and unwanted little specks. .hard to help without being there.
BG.

perhaps it is the first of an epidemic of siliconespotitus. and soon could spread... i call quarantine.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

beardygoat wrote: :perhaps it is the first of an epidemic of siliconespotitus. and soon could spread... i call quarantine.
:lol: That's was funny Beardygoat... I'll notify the CDC to put out an alert :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Judging by your photo's it looks to be fine pores in the skin ... that very well could be caused by fine air bubbles during the pour. I have seen this on Mechadolls.

Have you looked at the areas with a magnifying glass ?
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

INFORMATIONS