sexyrealsexdolls.com

Topic Reply Notifications - RESOLVED

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Topic Reply Notifications - RESOLVED

Post by RainLover »

I have a valid email address in my profile (the same one I've had since the beginning of my membership here) but I am not receiving Topic Reply Notifications like in the past even though I correctly set "Notify me when a reply is posted". Is there another option I need to activate to make this work again? Thanks.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

RAMIKO

Re: Topic Reply Notifications

Post by RAMIKO »

RainLover wrote:I have a valid email address in my profile (the same one I've had since the beginning of my membership here) but I am not receiving Topic Reply Notifications like in the past even though I correctly set "Notify me when a reply is posted". Is there another option I need to activate to make this work again? Thanks.

Apparently, I'm Not The Only One That Noticed This!!
Hey Yeah, I Also Noticed This Before/After Upgrading To Version 2.0!!
("Notify Me...Etc.", Is Also Checked)
You Posted This 2 Days Ago(Or More), So...,, Hopefully We'll See A Responce Here,
Sooner Or Later!!

Ramiko

Aprl 3rd,2010
9:02pm
To 'Some People'(JSYK), Lovable Dolls No Longer Exist!! So 'Some People' Can Quit Complaining!! :wink:

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Same here - the last notification I got is from 04/01/2010
Meanwhile at least a notification for Dolltime should have arrived. (I first thought it was a problem with my mail provider, not TDF.)

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Topic Reply Notifications: got one now

Post by tchon »

Oops, I just got a notification mail, from yet another thread.
Seems in my case it was really my provider (or was it a temporary glitch ?)
How are you? Still no notifications?

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

tchon wrote:Oops, I just got a notification mail, from yet another thread.
I got one TRP about a week ago, despite plenty of posts that received replies while I was away from the threads in question for one or more day's time, and that's adequate time for the system to kick out an email to me. I use the system's "View your posts" command also known as "egosearch" to see if any of the threads I've posted in have received replies, but I don't always read them all right away, and before I really started using that command a lot, I was waiting for TRPs and that's when I realized they weren't being sent.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

tchon wrote:Oops, I just got a notification mail, from yet another thread.
I was gone all weekend, and meanwhile, nine threads I have replies in have new posts, according to the "View your posts" screen, so therefore, I should have been sent 9 TRNs. I didn't receive any. Checked the junk folder, none. Etc. For some reason, the software is simply not sending them.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

I got a notification on this thread right now, but I see two posts from RainLover.
So to me it seems the notifications are just send "sometimes". Gotta check the "egosearch" to see whats new ..

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

Thanks for your input here. We are on it. Sorry for the delay.

A bit of a mystery here on the email notification.

We have not been able to put a handle on it yet.

Generally you will only get one notice on the same thread until you haev been there.

You might try marking ALL threads as read and start fresh.

Also try toggling the feature off and then on again on each thread in question.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

Rainlover, I did run a few tests with the notification system and it looks to be functional to a certain degree. The way the system works is that it notifies you for each different/distinct user that has replied to you since your last visit to the thread.

In other words, say you place a post. Then User A and User B each submit a post right after. That would be 2 notifications that you would receive. If, instead User A submits 3 posts and User B does not submit any, that would be 1 notification you would receive as there would have been only one user who posted (tchon's case with Rainlover's two posts). Once you visit the thread after the notifications, the process starts again, where it would notify you for each different user that replies.

I did look into the possibility of reworking that part of the system, but it looks a little treacherous with the possibility of destabilizing the board's mail functionality. Also the kind of adjustments that would be needed cannot be easily done through toggling any menu options. I will go ahead and close this topic as there is not much additional steps that can be taken until maybe it is resolved in a future version.

INFORMATIONS