Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Boy Toy Insert / Realdoll Visit

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Sandman121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Boy Toy Insert / Realdoll Visit

Post by Sandman121 »

Hello fellow members. I haven’t posted anything in quite a while and something happened today that was really cool (at least for me anyway)…more on that later.

Many of you may had seen that “new2dolz” was selling his second BT torso that he had purchased a few weeks back. There was even some skepticism on whether his first one that he was trying to sell was real or not. Of course, it was real, and was sold to another DF member who had no issues with the purchase. (check out the old threads).

I purchased “new2dolz” second BT torso a couple of weeks ago that he was selling do to tax issues and I too had no problems with the transaction. He was a strait up guy and everything went great. I must say the torso is pretty cool. I wish I could afford and had a place to keep a full size doll…maybe some day.

I did notice some very minor beginning stages tearing in the lower area of the dolls insert hole opening (not the insert itself). (I’ll post pics later) This torso was a newer one and has the new improved insert so I haven't seen any issues with the insert itself. There is a white mesh that Matt is using on the newer dolls / torsos that is stuck to the inside of the hole for the insert opening for reinforcement. The big issue is I wanted to stop the minor tearing right away to prevent anything worse. I called PS and they said to use the RealDoll repair kit that can be purchased on their website (it’s the same kit used for both types of silicone). Since I live close to the RealDoll office, I decided to call and see if I could just pick one up. I called and spoke with Amanda and she said that I could.

So I head over to the ReallDoll office, which is the reason I’m posting today. Amanda greeted me and was about to just get me the repair kit, when I asked if Matt was working on any changes to the BT’s. She said he was working on some and he was actually there and asked if I wanted to talk with him. He was actually getting ready for a photo shoot, but I didn’t want to pass up a chance to meet and talk with the creator himself. After I heard the words photo shoot I immediately asked if Stacy was there and was told no that Matt was doing it...darn it!

So the next thing I know I’m talking with Matt down in the shop about the BT issues. We were discussing some of the insert / insert hole / tearing issues that a few have experienced with the BT’s. Matt is working on some changes to the insert design as well as possibly changing the way the insert is currently made to fit into the doll. This is definitely not an “on the back burner issue”. Matt is actively working on it right now.

Amanda also gave me a mini tour of the shop and I got to see all the RealDolls that were hanging and being worked on by their crew. BT’s are made at their other location so I didn’t get to see any there. It was so cool though to actually see the RealDolls up close, both in the showroom and the shop.

The real reason I’m righting this though is to say how incredibly down to earth both Amanda and Matt were while I was there. I mean Matt was actually taking his time to talk to me about his ideas to improve the BT dolls as well as listen to mine, even though they were busy and had things to do. The entire office environment seemed very casual and down to earth too.

Anyway, Matt is hard at work (literally every night he said) working on improving the current BT’s insert / design so I’m sure we'll see some good improvements to come.

Thank you Matt & Amanda for being such a pleasure to deal with and talk to! :D

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Good story and nicely told.

You should post more often sandman.

Sounds like you had a great day, good for you !
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Wow! sounds like you had a great time!!

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

It's really good to hear you had a great time and were taken care of. The customer service at Abyss is TOP DRAWER all the way. Amanda is a sweet and fantastic person. I have never seen anyone in her postion so professional and down to earth at the same time. She knows just about everything and if she doesn't she will get the right answer. She never leaves you hanging or ever fails to respond to an email or phone call. She is jsut that way. By the way, did you get a chance to meet Zoe? She is in Amanda's office and she is really cute!

I'm also really glad you got to meet Matt McMullen! Did you like the new showroom? And Matt is a really good photographer too! I think you mentioned that you where there while he was doing a photoshoot. Hopefully they will be pictures we'll all get to see one day.

Anyway, Just wanted to comment. Thanks for listening!

Sandman121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sandman121 »

Thanks everyone.

celtic - No I didn't get to meet Zoe. I assume she's a Realldol :-) This was my first time ever seeing the showroom so I had nothing to compare it to, but it looked nice. There were dolls (even a male) every where. They even had RD-2 out.

Anyway, they were both just great to deal with. I've patched up the minor surface tearing on my BT torso and it looks good. I just used the adhesive from one of the small tubes since it's in an area that you can't really see. This adhesive looks and smells like regular 100% silicone to me. I was going to ask Amanda if she knew if it was anything special.

Dollscrazy

Post by Dollscrazy »

It's sound like great fun... :D
My painting model is a doll... Is that great! ;)
Mélody album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13587
Mia album: http://www.dollharem.com/dhgallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1504

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

SM...

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time at Abyss Creations. I wish I lived closer so I could pop in and see how they create a doll.

Matt M. has always impressed me as a practical, hands on kind of a guy which is exactly the type of person one needs to be if he is going to be successful with artwork that must also be "functional". Thanks for sharing your story with us.

TG
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

technoguy wrote:Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time at Abyss Creations. I wish I lived closer so I could pop in and see how they create a doll.
You were openly invited to the east coast meet and you flatly refused and now you want to 'pop in' and visit the Abyss factory? WTF? How would you even be allowed anyways with the RG around? :roll:
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

DrSoong
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DrSoong »

Could you explain about the East Coast meet;when and where was it?

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

Dr Soong...

Sorry, but it got canceled due to not being able to find a suitable(read: cheap) enough place to have it at. Also many members couldn't afford the trip due to recession issues.

My apologies Sandman for the temp hijack... Sounds like you had a great time the the factory and hopefully Matt M will really WOW us with some good news about the RD2s soon!

Back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Euchre
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

DrSoong
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DrSoong »

Thanks for the explanation, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

INFORMATIONS