Starpery.com

Successful - Giving TPE girl a tan

Got an idea? Need an invention?
tanner24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Successful - Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by tanner24 »

Hey there, I read some of the 'tanning' TPE posts a couple years back and found a way to make it work. The tanlines are permanent and don't rub/wash off.

I used 2 tpe doll-products for this strictly research project. One of 'em was this little bouncing betty, tanned about a year ago and it's holding up fine. Also did a Tantaly Scarlett torso doll.

If there's interest I'll post the recipe.
DSC_3530.JPG
DSC_3530.JPG (927.78 KiB) Viewed 1087 times

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Successful - Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by SxDolled »

Please share your process, I'd be interested to hear about it 🙂
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

WOW! Great result! Curious to know how you did it! ✨🤩

BRAVO! 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

GreatAether
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by GreatAether »

I would also be interested in knowing how you did that!
Can't imagine it's just a fine paint job.

tanner24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tanner24 »

Thanx all, Right, not just a paint job. I've got the process written down, just have to make it actually readable :) should be able to post it soon.

Meanwhile I'm trying to do another pic or 2. I have 2 albums at the doll album, they're named experiment 1 and experiment 2 (she's a tantaly scarlett) but can't figure out how to show the pics here yet. I'll give it another shot and see if can figure it out.

btw, the bouncing betty has 6 tanning treatments done. The scarlett only has 3, so you'll notice a little more blotchiness. I'll do a couple more sessions with her in the future.

tanner24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tanner24 »

Also kudos to buttoncock, his work led to my experiments. He was at it a long time but suddenly disappeared (did he pass on?).

Anyway his 10-page source thread is here:

viewtopic.php?t=70995

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

But what did you do to make it permanent?

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

tanner24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tanner24 »

Here's the process for permanent TPE tanning.

Overview: if you've ever stained woodwork, you'll see this works kind of the same. You'll be spraying a liberal coat of stain, letting it penetrate for a specified time, then wiping away the excess. Then repeating for *likely* 3-4 coats. But unlike working with wood, you'll be spraying a leg makeup product onto a sexy soft TPE product wearing a bikini or clothing of choice. Much more enjoyable.

Note: If you're nervous about using this process on an expensive doll, try an inexpensive TPE product 1st (like that little bouncing betty ass toy. They’re cheap and all TPE seems to tan the same). And by the way, no guarantees offered here!!! This is experiemental work that appears to generate the desired results. But I'm not liable for anybody screwing something up.

Materials Needed:
4 spray cans of Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan Leg Makeup – Deep Glow.
Cloth rags, Wash Bucket, Dawn dish soap, Clorox bleach.
Mineral Spirits, cotton swabs & pads.
Disposable Clothing: like a tight bikini top & bottom, or panties & bra, etc.

Hints on clothing--how to choose:
* Look for anything that, if worn at the beach all the time, would leave HOT tanlines.
* Mismatched pieces are fine -- only look at the shapes of the straps, cups & parts. Get the tanlines you want.
* You’ll throw away the set when done, so buy a 2nd if you really like.
* You’ll be spray-painting the clothing while it’s on the doll.
* Clothing with 2 layers of material works better than really thin.
* Thicker strap lines are easier to work with than thin/spaghetti straps.
* A classic V-shape at the crotch works well.
* To snug up loose straps & bands, fold excess material over itself and staple, stitch or hem-tape together.
* Clothing should fit the doll snugly.

Procedure:
Clean doll thoroughly. Soap/Water, Mineral spirits, whatever, and clean painter’s rags help too.
Dress the doll in its bikini.
Either stand up or lay doll face-up on a protected surface (newspapers, red construction paper, etc.)
Spray an even coat of Deep Glow on all surfaces of the doll. If the doll must be rotated/rolled to reach all surfaces, and if you can do so without disturbing the previous coat, do so now. Otherwise skip to next step.
Allow spray to penetrate for approx 48 hours. Note: The coating will NOT be dry even after 48 hours! You must remove the excess as follows.
After 48 hrs, carefully remove the clothing. Wash it ASAP in a bucket of soapy water and 10% bleach (DON'T stain a white washing machine!).
Hang the clothing to air-dry, if possible (avoid the dryer too).
Move on to the doll. Carefully wipe away the excess spray coating with rags and warm soapy water. Wipe AWAY from any NOT-tanned areas.
Go Slow - CAREFUL is the word. Don't even THINK of grazing skin that is NOT to be tanned. (Mistakes happen, fixing them just takes time.)
Rinse out the rag after EVERY wipe. Change to new rags frequently.
The bucket water will start turning brown. Change it before it gets too gross. Change it again when it seems like the end is near.
Once you can wipe and rinse, and the bucket water stays clean? You're done.
Only your permanent ‘tanlines’ will remain on the doll.

Wait a day, then repeat the process: dress doll in that same clean-and-dry bikini, re-spray in same manner.
The TPE will darken with each additional coat. Expect to do 3-4 coats total.

Oopsies:
It's gonna happen: some tan coating will stray into NOT-tanned skin areas. Luckily you can easily fix the prob with mineral spirits.
Just remember - mineral spirits are safe and effective at removing errant tanning product, but it can look ugly if not used right. ie: don't wipe mineral spirits right up tight to a tanline! It'll create a hard-edged line that doesn't match the feathered-spray edge. And those feathered spray edges are what make the tanlines very realistic. You'll figure it out. I used Q-tips, cotton pads, rags and even a paintbrush once to remove errant marks. Then I got better at avoiding them in the 1st place.

Friends, if you use this technique plz post your results! I want it to work and available to all, not just some company that'll start selling pre-tanlined dolls.

Have Fun and good luck.

THE END :)

tanner24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tanner24 »

One last note: this 'tan' can be removed with simple mineral spirits. But it's permanent unless you do that. Otherwise it doesn't rub off, or wear off, or spread or anything.

INFORMATIONS