Starpery.com

Slight peeling of skin on fingers

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
makemydrink

Slight peeling of skin on fingers

Post by makemydrink »

I've noticed some slight peeling from new doll's fingers, now I do hold her hand and I don't have fingers that you could strike a match on but I am a hands on guy so my hands are not soft or hard, probably more soft than most men as I don't callus. Are my fingers going in between hers doing this? When I hold her hands, I pre spread her fingers and the TPE that has pealed was about as thin as a insect wing. I applied some mineral oil and gently rubbed and got a very small ball of TPE and I really can't see any more damage but I don't see like I did in my 20's, LOL

Is this normal? Is this from me holding her hand?

Any comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Slight peeling of skin on fingers

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, from your description it sounds like this is just a bit of excess tpe that hasn't been fully trimmed. If you check out a video of the finishing process you can see the workers cutting off the extra material and then using heat to smooth it. It's obviously more tricky to do around the fingers, I've often found this on my gals and you can usually just carefully cut it off or if you are skilled with hot air then smooth it with heat.

makemydrink

Re: Slight peeling of skin on fingers

Post by makemydrink »

Arthur1960 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:14 pm Hi, from your description it sounds like this is just a bit of excess tpe that hasn't been fully trimmed. If you check out a video of the finishing process you can see the workers cutting off the extra material and then using heat to smooth it. It's obviously more tricky to do around the fingers, I've often found this on my gals and you can usually just carefully cut it off or if you are skilled with hot air then smooth it with heat.
Thank you, I hoped I wasn't harming my doll.

INFORMATIONS