Starpery.com

L-Joint Trick

Got an idea? Need an invention?
frankinstien

L-Joint Trick

Post by frankinstien »

I use a L-Joint piece you can get from any hardware store and ratchet cables you can buy from amazon to anchor my dolls for posing.

The anchor eye screw is on dry wall with those 1/4 inch butter fly drywall mounts or screws. Because the doll's legs support most of the weight there isn't much stress on it. The doll has swayed, meaning it did lean because of a small earth quake, I'm in CA and we get those all the time, but the anchor held, albeit the lean or sway was only about 10 to 15 degrees. But once you place these on your ceiling you can do all kinds of cool photos with your doll in heels.

ImageImageImageImage

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: L-Joint Trick

Post by Alucard1959 »

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

I know you mentioned most of the weight is on the legs, but if anyone plans on any more weight than that I would attach directly to the studs. Those butterfly anchors will either tear through the drywall or snap. Source: I’ve ripped a hole in my drywall before from suspending a doll.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

frankinstien wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:07 am I use a L-Joint piece you can get from any hardware store and ratchet cables you can buy from amazon to anchor my dolls for posing.
Lovely girl with an amazing hairstyle!!
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

frankinstien

Post by frankinstien »

MourningWood wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:49 am I know you mentioned most of the weight is on the legs, but if anyone plans on any more weight than that I would attach directly to the studs. Those butterfly anchors will either tear through the drywall or snap. Source: I’ve ripped a hole in my drywall before from suspending a doll.
That was my fear that the drywall wouldn't hold, but as long as at least one leg carries the weight it balances, the rocking from side to side doesn't put enough stress on the drywall. Also, my master bedroom is on the first floor and the garage is right above it. The ceiling is really a structure of metal beams that support the concrete floor of the garage, and what holds the drywall is a frame that routes air ducts so no studs that you would ordinarily find.

Zephyrus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zephyrus »

frankinstien wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:25 amAlso, my master bedroom is on the first floor and the garage is right above it.
As a Brit I find this description positively confusing.

frankinstien

Post by frankinstien »

Zephyrus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:54 pm As a Brit I find this description positively confusing.
The house is embedded in a hill where the first floor as you drive up to the house is actually the second floor that is level with the top of the hill. The first floor is into the hill only two sides of the first floor have windows, one facing the south and one facing west. The front of the house faces east.

Get it now?

Zephyrus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zephyrus »

Some help from AI and my own copy/pasta shows what you'd get in the UK if you gave that description to an overly literal architect

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Clever idea but I would find a stud. ( not yourself) to mount her to. Lovely gal…. Well maybe yourself. I don’t like those dry wall mounts never had any success they are ok for light weight stuff. Nice job on her neck attachment. But your place is unique but other places I would find a stud. Thanks

INFORMATIONS