www.wmdolls.com

Shoulder range of motion question

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
zenwryly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Shoulder range of motion question

Post by zenwryly »

Justinpassinthru wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:02 pm To bring her shoulder back up, angle her elbow in a 90 degree angle, then lift her arm up toward her head (like you're flapping a wing). This will prop the shoulder back to its neutral state. To being the arm back down without bringing the shoulder with it, straighten the elbow and angle the whole arm forward. You should be able to move her arm back to her side without moving the shoulder.
Thanks much for this education, this really helped a new doll owner like myself.

Just so other members searching for similar but not exactly the same issue can find this, in my case I had accidentally shrugged one of the shoulders in the past and then returned it to it's neutral position. Then some time later I discovered that shoulder was stuck or frozen when it came to bending vertically, up or down. If I grabbed the other upper arm, I could easily rotate it at the shoulder joint until the arm was straight vertical, for example to put on a dress over her head. The other arm, however, would not bend down at all, would only bend up vertically between the neck and the shoulder, and even then would only bend vertical to about ~30 degrees off of straight vertical making it hard to take her dress off without stretching it.

Using your post I was able to bend the arm forward at the shoulder and then through some combination of:
  • rotating the upper arm using the forearm bent at the elbow for leverage
  • then bending the upper arm down at the shoulder from there
Fairly quickly, I was able to get the arm back into a state where it bent vertically at the shoulder again. Thanks again!

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Justinpassinthru »

zenwryly wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:11 am
Justinpassinthru wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:02 pm To bring her shoulder back up, angle her elbow in a 90 degree angle, then lift her arm up toward her head (like you're flapping a wing). This will prop the shoulder back to its neutral state. To being the arm back down without bringing the shoulder with it, straighten the elbow and angle the whole arm forward. You should be able to move her arm back to her side without moving the shoulder.
Thanks much for this education, this really helped a new doll owner like myself.

Just so other members searching for similar but not exactly the same issue can find this, in my case I had accidentally shrugged one of the shoulders in the past and then returned it to it's neutral position. Then some time later I discovered that shoulder was stuck or frozen when it came to bending vertically, up or down. If I grabbed the other upper arm, I could easily rotate it at the shoulder joint until the arm was straight vertical, for example to put on a dress over her head. The other arm, however, would not bend down at all, would only bend up vertically between the neck and the shoulder, and even then would only bend vertical to about ~30 degrees off of straight vertical making it hard to take her dress off without stretching it.

Using your post I was able to bend the arm forward at the shoulder and then through some combination of:
  • rotating the upper arm using the forearm bent at the elbow for leverage
  • then bending the upper arm down at the shoulder from there
Fairly quickly, I was able to get the arm back into a state where it bent vertically at the shoulder again. Thanks again!
Glad I could help! :glou:

Edees226
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Edees226 »

I have the same problem, even though my dolls don't have the "Shrugging Shoulders", my arms often hang down, causing her shoulders to be one high and one low. Yea! It bothers me. :(
Happy life with 166cm Momo :razz:
The most gorgeous lady from bestrealdoll, who will be my next doll?

INFORMATIONS