docklandet_top_banner_tdf.gif

Excessive pricing for customizations?

Docklandet is a Sweden-based retailer and distributor of realistic silicone and TPE dolls. We are an authorized partner of famous brands such as WM, Zelex, Irontech, Starpery and many more. We have our warehouse in Sweden for fast delivery to whole EU. Docklandet has one of the greatest doll collections in the world with over 60 dolls on display in our huge show room. Our team got high experience in dolls and our store offers the best prices, newest dolls and upgrades, free discreet shipping, right to return and of course no hidden fee's.
xalcon
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Excessive pricing for customizations?

Post by xalcon »

I'm currently looking through the site and I'm noticing some odd prices for pretty much all customization options:
A removable vagina cost $499 on the US site, most other vendors list them either as free or around $50. At first I thought this might just be another scam site, but considering the site is listed here, I dug a bit deeper.
The prices are the same across currencies.
$499 on US Site
499€ on DE Site
499 SEK on SE site

Considering 1 € currently is ~ 11.4 SEK, I think the site is using the SEK values but with the site specific currency, which inflates the price by over 10 times (depending on the currency). This only applies to optional addons though, the doll price itself seem to be correct. Another indicator is the fact that all descriptions in those excessively priced addons are also in swedish(?). Also, this isn't just a display issue. The price shows up this way when adding the items to the cart.

I was really hyped when I saw that you were the one of the few sites that actually lists the WM Head 439, but the addon prices are rather discouraging.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Excessive pricing for customizations?

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Customization can get expensive and will vary wildly from manufacturers or vendors. Customizing dolls isn’t as easy as slapping a premade component onto an existing doll. Customizations means your options are specifically and uniquely built it and can change how the doll is actually cast/molded. It also usually add time you’ll have to wait. Newly release bodies, heads or functions can be difficult to find and demand/cost will be a premium until supply catches up.

Deals roll out almost quarterly. One of the best strategies is wait for sales (% discounts) and promotions when they bundle options and customization (for free or major discount). You’ll have to be patient but usually sales are offered with each major holiday. Otherwise things like extra heads, wigs, clothing, cases, etc. can be very pricey.

Pricing also does vary based on monetary unit. Sometimes the exchange rate works in your favor. Usually the best way to ensure you maximize the exchange rates is to pay with a credit card, PayPal or bank transfer. Dolls don’t come with warranties. I recommend using a payment method that gives you a recourse if the seller is flakey and defaults. Credit cards and PayPal gives you some measure of protection against fraud and likely to get your money back.

I highly caution you using any seller that is not sponsored or reviewed here in TDF. If something a seller states does not make sense or prices are super low then you should seriously consider passing. If it seems too good to be true it probably is a scam or cheap knock off.
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

xalcon
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by xalcon »

I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself well enough or you simply didn't read what I wrote.

The prices are using the wrong currency. They are 10 times higher than they should be, since they are using the SEK Values but just slap on the current region currency.
Some examples:
Hanging Kit - 179€ - 179$ - 179 SEK
Drying Stick 2 Pack - 189€ -189$ - 189 SEK
WM Doll Intelligent Cleaning Kit - 3295€ - 3295$ - 3295 SEK
Babypowder - 299€ - 299$ - 299 SEK
Extra Wig - 299€ - 299$ - 299 SEK
Extra Eyes - 349€ - 349$ - 349 SEK

None of these are any actual change to the doll itself. It's literally accessory that gets added to the package.
I'm aware that vendors have to have their margins and I'm totally fine with that. But 10x? I still hope this is just an error on the site

patriux1144

Post by patriux1144 »

I have noticed this myself, I'm sure its an error due to wrong currency. Maybe Docklandet will notice this and change.

I have bought a doll from them sometime ago and would love to buy another, more customized one, so them fixing those conversion rates would be cool

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

yes this is an error in the currency. The prices hasn't been updated to all currency and thus you see inlfated prices. I t could be that you have to order the doll and extras as swedish crowns in order to pay the right price.
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Docklandet »

Hi! This is an error with the external app we use for customization options. The amount shown is from Swedish krone, its not translated correctly. If you continue to check out, you will see the correct amount! We dont have 10x higher prices for options and accessories (as one might think first).

We thought we had a solution for this error some weeks ago, but we hit the wall. I understand this is confusing for our customers outside Sweden..

We are always trying to have low prices on all options for all brands.

xalcon
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by xalcon »

Docklandet wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:20 am Hi! This is an error with the external app we use for customization options. The amount shown is from Swedish krone, its not translated correctly. If you continue to check out, you will see the correct amount! We dont have 10x higher prices for options and accessories (as one might think first).

We thought we had a solution for this error some weeks ago, but we hit the wall. I understand this is confusing for our customers outside Sweden..

We are always trying to have low prices on all options for all brands.
Thank for responding to this publicly. I was considering emailing you about this but it is always nice to see a Company handling issues in an open and transparent way.

And you are right, the prices look much better when going to Checkout. Now I just need to decide what to get first... so many good options

Bill43

Post by Bill43 »

It's a shame when exciting finds like the WM Head 439 get overshadowed by pricing headaches.

INFORMATIONS