Starpery.com

Deep cleaning help needed

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
AIMD

Deep cleaning help needed

Post by AIMD »

My TPE companion has some regular dirty stains (not from clothing but from body contact--it's impossible to stay 100% clean 24 hrs per day) and they seem to be embedded in the skin. Even though I wash her (with dish soap since it is a good cleanser) then powder she still gets stains and there are ones I can't seem to get out. Does anyone know how to remove dirt embedded in the skin? Should she be washed with baby oil in order to hopefully pull the dirt out? Would toothpaste or acne cream work? I also use the credit card scrape method which helps a lot but still isn't enough. The stains aren't like clothing stains but have darkened the skin in places and are noticeable. Any suggestions for deep cleaning TPE?
As a side note I have come to realize how much TPE is like human skin in regards to dirt, tears, etc, except human skin can fix itself.
Just another question since it concerns staining. To stop staining from dark clothing (presumably caused by the clothing dye and oils from the TPE) what can the clothing be washed in (salt water?) or is there a fixative which can be used?
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Deep cleaning help needed

Post by Mr Franz »

If it's just dirt and grime, baby oil should do the trick. The way I do it is to pour a little baby oil on a regular paper towel, work the dirt and grime loose, then wipe it and the oil back off before the oil can soak in. I keep doing that, one section at a time with my doll standing, working my way down. I turn the towels frequently and swap them out for clean ones when the get too dirty. Afterward, I give my doll a regular wash with soap and water, dry and then powder.

For clothing stains, time works in most cases. For the more stubborn ones, acme cream helps. To prevent them, it's best to stick with light colored clothing. A regular detergent wash followed by a salt water rinse does help to set dyes, but it doesn't always work. Depends how the clothes were dyed and what with, but there's no real way of knowing that.

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

Mr Franz wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:58 am Depends how the clothes were dyed and what with, but there's no real way of knowing that.
One trick is to test an article of clothing by laying a piece of TPE on it, with a weight, and see if the dye transfers. I use an insert.

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

Mr Franz wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:58 am If it's just dirt and grime, baby oil should do the trick. The way I do it is to pour a little baby oil on a regular paper towel, work the dirt and grime loose, then wipe it and the oil back off before the oil can soak in. I keep doing that, one section at a time with my doll standing, working my way down. I turn the towels frequently and swap them out for clean ones when the get too dirty. Afterward, I give my doll a regular wash with soap and water, dry and then powder.
Thanks Mr. Franz, I’ll try this technique. Do you know if mineral oil works the same as baby oil? I don’t like the perfume in baby oil.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

SimonSays7 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:24 am
Mr Franz wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:58 am Depends how the clothes were dyed and what with, but there's no real way of knowing that.
One trick is to test an article of clothing by laying a piece of TPE on it, with a weight, and see if the dye transfers. I use an insert.
I just stand my doll on anything I'm not sure of. That way if color does bleed, only the bottom of her foot gets stained where it won't show.
SimonSays7 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 am
Mr Franz wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:58 am If it's just dirt and grime, baby oil should do the trick. The way I do it is to pour a little baby oil on a regular paper towel, work the dirt and grime loose, then wipe it and the oil back off before the oil can soak in. I keep doing that, one section at a time with my doll standing, working my way down. I turn the towels frequently and swap them out for clean ones when the get too dirty. Afterward, I give my doll a regular wash with soap and water, dry and then powder.
Thanks Mr. Franz, I’ll try this technique. Do you know if mineral oil works the same as baby oil? I don’t like the perfume in baby oil.
Yeah, baby oil is just mineral oil with scent added. Trick is not to let the oil soak into the TPE. Just loosen the dirt and residue and wipe it off. You'll get a bunch of little dirt bunnies you can work down and pick off. Here's a pick from a deep clean I did on Jyoti that way a while back. She looked clean before I started, but just look at all those grimy towels! 8O

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Thanks, I'll try that. There are also some stains from repairs I'll try to fix as well.
To prevent them, it's best to stick with light colored clothing.
Yes, and my companion is pretty in pink but she's smokin' hot in black and silver! :D
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

This is not an instruction but an idea.. have you tried Swarfega? it is gentle on the hands and removes grease and other dirt well from the hands. After that, the doll must of course be cleaned with normal soap and rinsed well. I mean the gel-based one here, not the one with sanding chips in it..

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

nox2doll wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:04 pm This is not an instruction but an idea.. have you tried Swarfega? it is gentle on the hands and removes grease and other dirt well from the hands. After that, the doll must of course be cleaned with normal soap and rinsed well. I mean the gel-based one here, not the one with sanding chips in it..
Any danger to the TPE?

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Swarfega doesn't seem to be available here, there is Gojo instead. I have successfully used dish detergent and baking soda to clean oil and grease off of my hands. Sometimes vegetable oil and baking soda works as well.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

AIMD wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:25 am Swarfega doesn't seem to be available here, there is Gojo instead. I have successfully used dish detergent and baking soda to clean oil and grease off of my hands. Sometimes vegetable oil and baking soda works as well.
I would dare to try something like that or similar on the sole of the doll's foot first. I don't think it's harmful to the doll, but the smell of the detergent may linger for a while due to the porosity of the material. I myself have tried cleaning the soles of the doll's feet with dishwashing liquid, but it doesn't really work for soot, etc. dirt, at least in the case of the doll.

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

I have found that mineral oil is the best thing to clean ground in dirt, my body oil mixed with dust residue, or even dirty hand marks off of tpe.

Here's a before and after of an HR doll head that I bought off the marketplace. The user was successful in putting a hole to the top of its head for his purposes. But in the process of his work there was lots of dirt ground into it. Which did not wash off with soap and water. Here's a picture that kind of illustrates how dirty it was. It's actually much worse, the picture does not do it justice. Look and how dirty to hear you about the ear and backwards is. The top of the head and back were twice as filthy. I just didn't take a picture of it.

Dirty head
Dirty head
aubrey 011.jpg (19.7 KiB) Viewed 164 times

I filled a spray bottle with mineral oil, same thing as baby oil but unscented, set on a bathroom stool in my shower and sprayed the head liberally with mineral oil. Then with medium pressure I massage the mineral oil into the tpe. This lifted the dirt out, and removed the makeup where I wanted to. I liked the makeup that he had around the eyes, so I gently clean that area with a cotton swab, or Q-tip, saturated in mineral oil. That got all the dirt off and left the makeup in place because I did not saturate the makeup.

It took about a half hour of massaging the dirt out, and I simply wiped it off with my hand as it Rose to the surface. Then resprayed the area with fresh clean mineral oil. And kept massaging it in with my fingertips until very little, if any dirt was left. Then I gave it a good washing with Dawn dishwashing liquid to break down the mineral oil.

Here is an after cleaning picture. I tried to put a piece of white paper next to the Head to try to show how clean it became.
Clean head
Clean head
20240229_195823.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 164 times
I have also done this on the full body of aTPE Doll. It just takes a lot more time. I did use some White paper towels to soak up the filthy gray oil as it came out of the body of the doll, ending with a wipe down with a white micro fiber towel that was saturated in mineral oil.

Since I was squishing the oil into the TPE in order to liberate the dirt out, I was not sure if I was oversaturating the doll with oil. That's why I always watch them with Dawn liquid Ultra Platinum dishwashing soap. A few days after they have dried out from the soap and water wash, I will give them a very light spray with mineral oil and then let them sit a few days to absorb it. If they feel slick and oily, I just give them another good washing with diluted Dawn liquid dishwashing soap and water.

It's incredible the amount of grime that comes out of them.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Ummm, wow... Just did the mineral oil clean and what came out was dark gray to black. Used the credit card scrape to push the grime to the surface instead of paper towels and the gunk that came out was incredible. What I noticed was the cornstarch (use that instead of talcum powder) embedded just under the suface attracted the dirt and when I scraped globs of dirty oil and cornstarch stuck to the card. The mineral oil pulled the grime and cornstarch to the surface quite well. I followed up the mineral oil with dishwashing detergent, then more mineral oil in tougher spots, then detergent again. Amazing how well it cleaned, much better than just a detergent wash. Putting careful pressure on the credit card (or similar, I used a expired gift card) definitely forced things to the surface. Thank you for the advice MinniMagg and Mr Franz. Got me to thinking someone should start a real world spa business doing this, women would pay a fortune for a clean like that! Our companions are soooo spoiled! :whistle:

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Yeah we tend to get confused with clothing stains vs skin dirt they need different treatment. Skin dirt is the only thing we need mineral oils for with a clean napkin/paper towel.
Just be careful to not wipe off any body art or makeup b/c mineral oil will remove that too.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

INFORMATIONS