Starpery.com

Fabric Anime Doll breakdown and skeleton

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Alistair

Re: Fabric Anime Doll breakdown and skeleton

Post by Alistair »

rubherkitty wrote:I didn't realize they used a molded foam core.
Could this be 3D printed?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Alistair wrote:
Not sure if you can print foam.
Why not make a mold, insert skeleton and pour in the foam? The liquid expanding foam may cost between $40 - 60.00 depending upon density. Denser foam cost more - less air space.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

When the time comes to completely replace Mina's foam I was thinking of going with a nice dense core of cushion foam with some concentric layers of thinner foam and batting. Some sanding and sculpting would be needed along the way.

A more pressing concern is cleaning the skins.

I've made Mina's outer skin easily removable so I can hand wash it. Spot cleaning isn't enough. The water was practically black the first wash and the next 5 got progressively better.

The fingers on her new skeleton have a spring coil where the palm would be and the finger wires turned out to be 22ga steel wire (0.73mm). I got some beads and 1/4" x 0.17" plastic tubing to create knuckles and finger bones. I can easily access her hands again if I need to fix them or improve them.

I'll probably replace the old batting with some 1/4" craft foam glued in place around he existing foam.

One idea for a protective layer that could help smooth things out would be to take some plastic wrap and go around a couple times, then put the base layer skin on followed by the outer layer. The inner skin is separated into arms, legs, and torso.
Maintenance and repair log for 130cm Anime fabric doll

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439

Skeleton and Layer Breakdown

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=120019

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Don't know if this: https://www.kanojotoys.com/nuidoll-sewu ... -8757.html is relevant.

If they did a whole body version we could make our own plush dolls.

jasdan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jasdan »

Alistair wrote:If they did a whole body version we could make our own plush dolls.
There are patterns for sale on etsy for people who want to make realistic female stuffed dolls. So you could make your own full body version, if you wanted to use a pattern and cut/sew

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

jasdan wrote:
Alistair wrote:If they did a whole body version we could make our own plush dolls.
There are patterns for sale on etsy for people who want to make realistic female stuffed dolls. So you could make your own full body version, if you wanted to use a pattern and cut/sew
Honestly, I looked and looked a while back and never really found a realistic pattern. Raggety Anne, sure, but not a real pattern.
If you know of any - please share.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

jasdan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jasdan »

RevJack wrote:Honestly, I looked and looked a while back and never really found a realistic pattern. Raggety Anne, sure, but not a real pattern. If you know of any - please share.
When I do this search: https://www.etsy.com/search?q=life+size ... n+-crochet I see some promising looking hits like:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/492699873/ ... male-plush

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieCrocus ... d=24299330

You'd generally have to scale the patterns up

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

Any ideas for a shrugging shoulders joint mod on these?

Edit: Maybe the diagrams in this thread could be useful viewtopic.php?t=154820

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

Alistair wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:20 am
You could probably follow some of the advice in this thread, viewtopic.php?t=105821&start=15

INFORMATIONS