Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss falling behind?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Abyss falling behind?

Post by TJ_Foxx »

SQLMan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:16 pm What doll are you referring to that you got a week ago? I have 4 realdolls myself and wouldn't mind another option while I'm waiting for Abyss to catch up on production.

When you make another post and it is approved, you can ask Supersoul via PM. We do not mention or discuss competing brands in a manufacturer's section, per Rule 12. That is why he didn't mention it in his post
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

SQLMan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SQLMan »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:01 am
SQLMan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:16 pm What doll are you referring to that you got a week ago? I have 4 realdolls myself and wouldn't mind another option while I'm waiting for Abyss to catch up on production.

When you make another post and it is approved, you can ask Supersoul via PM. We do not mention or discuss competing brands in a manufacturer's section, per Rule 12. That is why he didn't mention it in his post
Did know that, thanks!

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

Sad to see these long delays. In hindsight Matt jumped the gun on the Realdollx/Realbotix stuff by a few years. The company could maybe go to ground for awhile and regain relevance once the new generation of AI humanoid robots need attractive silicone "skin" and body shapes. These dolls were never meant to compete with cheap commodity TPE dolls from Asia. They are American artworks. For doll collectors, it's still aspirational to have a Realdoll or three in the collection. Hopefully the business stays viable long into the future somehow, some way. I think what Matt did to legitimize this whole space to the world was a great service to a lot of people.
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

INFORMATIONS