Starpery.com

Shore hardness for a silicone doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Utonium

Shore hardness for a silicone doll

Post by Utonium »

What shore hardness is ideal for a silicone doll? I'll take a shot at making my own.

Currently sculpting a body out of oilclay, but i wonder what kind of silicone i should use to make the final product.
Currently the plan is to sculpt a doll body, create a mold, craft a stainless steel skeleton and secure it inside the mold (by the neck, vertically) and pour the silicone in the hole around the neck.

Any suggestions? I'm currently thinking about 00-10 and 00-30.

Pean

Re: Shore hardness for a silicone doll

Post by Pean »

Here some links where he shows different hardness
of silicone and how soft they are compared with different bodyparts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKyeFFytypI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZL69oUZthI

Good luck on your project :DD

Utonium

Post by Utonium »

Thanks mate, lots of good info on that channel.

Anybody knows what alternative materials to stainless steel can be used for the skeleton? Wood, plastic, aluminum?

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

That's been talked about many times, Stainless is a pain to work with. Aluminum oxidizes so probably not a great choice, steel oxidizes, galvanized steel is zinc coated which may discolor the silicone and would still rust wherever a joint was welded so it's a moot point. Plastic / Nylon would be my go-to, or possibly steel with a good epoxy coating or something.
It's also debatable as to whether the steel would even rust after it's encapsulated inside the doll. Chromoly hasn't been discussed that I recall but I think that leaves you with TIG welding (don't quote me on that) so might as well go with stainless and come full circle.
There's also the thought of using fiberglass or carbon fiber, neither of which I personally could see a problem with because the mat is encapsulated in resin.
It's entirely likely that stainless became the standard as it was the best choice for mass production.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

You can't make plastic or carbon fiber joints worth a damn. And there is no good way to bind a steel joint to a CF or nylon bone. Even a stainless skeleton has raw steel joints.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS