Starpery.com

Gray stains/streaks on brand new doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
jerseygent123

Gray stains/streaks on brand new doll

Post by jerseygent123 »

Hi all,

I recently (a week ago) purchased my very first doll from WM (156 cm, H-Cup) and I noticed this morning that her skin has unfortunately picked up what looks like a few light gray stains (fingerprints/streaks?) in various places. I thought it was dirt and so I tried to lightly dab it away with anti-bacterial soap and water, but these stains remain after the attempt. I've been "storing" her on my bed atop the blanket that she came with and I haven't even dressed her, so I'm not sure how these stains even appeared. I haven't even really used her yet aside from occasional massaging, repositioning, etc. so these stains appearing is a bit disheartening and confusing.

I purchased some TPE stain remover cream and surface cleaner from SD Canada which should arrive in about 3-4 days, but as a newbie I'm a bit anxious to get at that these stains ASAP. Are there any basic/general cleaning products I should pick up that are comparable to the proprietary stain removers? I've read about mineral oil, toothpaste, acne cream, but I'm a bit lost on which to actually trust.

Any guidance you could provide would be most appreciated. I just got this lovely doll and really want to eradicate these stains!

Thank you!

Pic of the stains:

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Gray stains/streaks on brand new doll

Post by 4891d »

It looks like it was made with your hands. Wasn't the outside of the box dirty or dusty when you unpacked your doll?
TPE tends to pick up dirt.

For cleaning, there are two solutions:
If the stains are external, baby oil, with a soft wipe. Some use a credit card to scrape off the dirt (be careful to go extremely gently, as TPE is sensitive to abrasion).
If the stains are embedded in the TPE (like when clothing has rubbed off), anti-acne cream is often recommended.

Before you start, look at the threads of people more experienced than me (I only have a TPE head) and possibly ask their advice directly via PM. Arthur1960, seagull, wheezer are the names that come to mind at the moment.

To be able to send PMs, you must first have made 5 posts (in any thread).

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

jerseygent123

Post by jerseygent123 »

4891d wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:09 pm
It looks like it was made with your hands. Wasn't the outside of the box dirty or dusty when you unpacked your doll?
TPE tends to pick up dirt.

For cleaning, there are two solutions:
If the stains are external, baby oil, with a soft wipe. Some use a credit card to scrape off the dirt (be careful to go extremely gently, as TPE is sensitive to abrasion).
If the stains are embedded in the TPE (like when clothing has rubbed off), anti-acne cream is often recommended.

Before you start, look at the threads of people more experienced than me (I only have a TPE head) and possibly ask their advice directly via PM. Arthur1960, seagull, wheezer are the names that come to mind at the moment.

To be able to send PMs, you must first have made 5 posts (in any thread).

Thanks for the reply! I do think it must have been something rubbing off from my hands, but I don't think it's dirt since I'm careful about washing my hands prior to handling my doll. These stains also appeared several days after the unboxing (which I used white gloves during).

I purchased some Oxy 10 anti-acne cream after seeing a few people recommend it here. I didn't try baby oil when initially wiping it (just anti-bacterial soap/water), but I'm inclined to think these may be embedded since it didn't rub off at all with the soap. I suppose I will try the cream and see how that works overnight.

Duke777Atriedes

Post by Duke777Atriedes »

Always wash your hands before handling your doll too. I know it's tempting to skip that part especially during a passionate moment but just because you can't see the dirt on your hands doesn't mean it's not there. Trust me, this has happened many times to me before. To get the dirt off I just use baby oil and scrape the dirt off with a clean towel.

jerseygent123

Post by jerseygent123 »

Duke777Atriedes wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:48 pm Always wash your hands before handling your doll too. I know it's tempting to skip that part especially during a passionate moment but just because you can't see the dirt on your hands doesn't mean it's not there. Trust me, this has happened many times to me before. To get the dirt off I just use baby oil and scrape the dirt off with a clean towel.
This has definitely been a reminder not to get lazy with hand washing - I must have slipped up at some point. I'll try the baby oil method first and will fallback to the acne cream if needed. Thanks!

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

Let us know how things go and which method worked best for you 🙂
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

INFORMATIONS