Starpery.com

Shipping concerns

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
secondaryfunction
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shipping concerns

Post by secondaryfunction »

Hey there Dollforum. I just recently put up a 25-in. Fantasia ass toy up on the sales page. It occurred to me yesterday that it's gonna be a huge pain in the butt (hah) to ship, being 80 pounds and having a very awkward weight/heft. Just unwrapping it after I got it was a whole process. With that said, how would one go about conveniently (and affordably, if possible) packaging and shipping an 80 pound TPE butt within the US?

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Shipping concerns

Post by esquisseallure »

Protect it well ( as one assumed you've found a suitable box) with bubble wrap or whatever kind of protection you can. Usps will not ship anything above like 25lbs so you for use the other big 3 (DHL, ups, FedEx). Shipping is gonna be pricy, last I even used shipping for a 160cm doll, it was nearly 200$ and that was 2 years ago. I imagine now it'd be more expensive now. Sadly with that weight you won't be able to go cheap route. I remember you can actually get a better fare if you make an account, so you may wanna try that.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

Leatherman
Ex-Member

Post by Leatherman »

Hello secondaryfunction!

We use Pirate Ship, (pirateship.com).

It saves us an average of 40% to use them. Just open an account and follow the instructions!

:glou:

secondaryfunction
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by secondaryfunction »

esquisseallure wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:37 pm Protect it well ( as one assumed you've found a suitable box) with bubble wrap or whatever kind of protection you can. Usps will not ship anything above like 25lbs so you for use the other big 3 (DHL, ups, FedEx). Shipping is gonna be pricy, last I even used shipping for a 160cm doll, it was nearly 200$ and that was 2 years ago. I imagine now it'd be more expensive now. Sadly with that weight you won't be able to go cheap route. I remember you can actually get a better fare if you make an account, so you may wanna try that.
In this case do you mean a USPS account, or the Pirateship site that was just mentioned?
Leatherman wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:59 pm Hello secondaryfunction!

It saves us an average of 40% to use them. Just open an account and follow the instructions!

I estimated the ground cost going from Jersey to Texas being between $88 - $133. Not too shabby! I don't have a buyer yet ofc so I don't know where exactly I'm going. but assuming this is a reliable service, this will definitely save me a lot, thank you!

Leatherman
Ex-Member

Post by Leatherman »

We have been using pirate ship for a year. For dolls we have been paying about $1 a pound from the east coast to the west coast

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by esquisseallure »

secondaryfunction wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:43 am
esquisseallure wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:37 pm Protect it well ( as one assumed you've found a suitable box) with bubble wrap or whatever kind of protection you can. Usps will not ship anything above like 25lbs so you for use the other big 3 (DHL, ups, FedEx). Shipping is gonna be pricy, last I even used shipping for a 160cm doll, it was nearly 200$ and that was 2 years ago. I imagine now it'd be more expensive now. Sadly with that weight you won't be able to go cheap route. I remember you can actually get a better fare if you make an account, so you may wanna try that.
In this case do you mean a USPS account, or the Pirateship site that was just mentioned?

I estimated the ground cost going from Jersey to Texas being between $88 - $133. Not too shabby! I don't have a buyer yet ofc so I don't know where exactly I'm going. but assuming this is a reliable service, this will definitely save me a lot, thank you!
I can't remember which one I used but it was either ups or FedEx.
secondaryfunction wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:43 am

I did a test yesterday with ups with a weight of 85 lbs and a box of 24 x 24 x 14 and cheapest option was ups ground for about 200$

Never heard of ninjaship m I'll have to check that out.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Double box it padded and taped up well.

INFORMATIONS