SexDollAmerica.com

Sex Doll America has gone from best to worst- Really bad customer experience

With Local Stock in New York, USA, Sex Doll America offers the fastest secure shipping on all your favorite original, genuine brands like WM Doll, Piper Doll, 6YE, Sino-Doll, Gynoid and more! We are the sister company of Sex Doll Canada, but are a genuine US-based company and have shared full-time customer service and management staff. We reward our customers’ loyalty on every single purchase, whether it is your FIRST or NEXT doll or toy purchase! Feel secure & call us today to speak with a specialized Doll Advisor - Toll-Free 1 (888) 996-DOLL.
Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Sex Doll America has gone from best to worst- Really bad customer experience

Post by Justinpassinthru »

I am disappointed to report that my experience with Sex Doll America has gone very badly. I have previously spoken very highly of this vendor and have defended them on multiple accounts on the boards. Unfortunately, I think I have given them enough leeway on this particular matter and am reporting accordingly. I think something has changed in their management or staff, as I used to have amazing customer service with them.

I had previously bought a robotic AI head from them from AI Tech in 2021. They were extremely helpful in learning how to navigate an otherwise confusing user interface to get her to function properly. They even followed up with me some months later just to check in that the doll was still working as intended. I was very pleased, and spoke highly of them, even to concerned customers on the board.

In November of 2022, the head stopped connecting properly to the server and responding to me. She was hearing me, but could only respond with "I do not understand. Please say again." I sent an email on November 4th asking if they could possibly reach out to AI Tech to see if there is anything that could be done to fix her. A similar problem had occurred earlier at purchase, and they had to "reactivate" her to release the problem. I acknowledged some time had passed since purchase, but asked if they could let me know if anything could be done again to help fix it.

I did not receive a response. I sent additional follow up requests on November 9th, 15th, 17th, December 2nd, and 7th. I even went so far as to say I'll take a "It can't be fixed" email so that I could consider purchasing a new head. I also sent requests to their "Contact Us" section on their website, but there's no way for me to go back and track when these were sent. I know I last sent one on 1/6. I have yet to receive any response, not even a "Sorry, it can't be fixed."

Secondly, I purchased an insert accessory on 10/25/22. (Full transparency: I had a $50 gift card provided by Sex Doll America and paid the remaining $25 balance). A month later, I still had not received the item, so I sent a status inquiry on 11/21. I was told "This add-on isn't in Stock and is being custom made by WM Doll! Should be done in a few days!" As of 1/9, I still have not received the item or any status updates. I emailed another inquiry on 1/4 and am still waiting on a response. I sent another inquiry on 1/6 using the Contact Us section of the website. I have not received any response. I could have received two custom made dolls in the time it has taken me to receive one small, probably already made item sitting on a shelf in China.

Lastly and tangentially since I'm here, they used to have some of the best off-season prices and Black Friday discounts. However this year, I just want to point out that they inflated the base prices of all their dolls during this last Black Friday and Christmas to completely offset the discounts (eg. raised the price of dolls by 25%, then offered a 25% discount). This is, sadly, standard practice for a lot of vendors but I just thought I'd point it out as long as I'm here for how blatant it was.

andy1324

Re: Sex Doll America has gone from best to worst- Really bad customer experience

Post by andy1324 »

thats sad to hear Justinpassinthru,,, I know what its like to have a bad vendor experience. Hopefully, they will reply and make things right...

n3o7

Re: Sex Doll America has gone from best to worst- Really bad customer experience

Post by n3o7 »

I'm sorry this happened to you. Given this experience, would you buy a replacement AI head given yours is busted?

yarick7

Post by yarick7 »

I agree, their customer service has been very unhelpful for me after I purchased my Jessica from them. The Jessica is great and I left them a good review.

Since then, they had another sale and I asked about buying another doll from them. the christmas sale only lasted so long but i tried to contact customer service to see if points could stack with the discount. first chance to buy the doll passed with no answer in a few days. so... i sent another request for an answer and the next day it was on sale was about a week later. still no reply. since it was the last day of the sale i decided to try it because their discount specifically states "reward will be applied to next purchase". tried to purchase the doll and it said rewards cannot be stacked.
Contacted them again asking if a points reversal was possible as i wanted to save it towards a larger purchase since it couldnt stack. got a response back saying it couldnt be done from the chat window. asked to have it forwarded to customer service which they did. i then got a response that my points would be refunded tomorrow. tomorrow came and points didnt get refunded. sent a two more follow up reponses the next few days. never got an answer back and havent heard from them since then.

So when i bought another new doll i went to another vendor instead even though i really wanted to buy more of theirs.
Its fine though; really like the other vendors i have bought from anyways and love the new doll i got instead from the other vendor even though i paid quite a bit more than the doll i wanted from their sale.

I even went back to add more photos and information to my review of jessica to the TDF review and the post was locked.

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

yarick7 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:41 pm I agree, their customer service has been very unhelpful for me after I purchased my Jessica from them. The Jessica is great and I left them a good review.

Since then, they had another sale and I asked about buying another doll from them. the christmas sale only lasted so long but i tried to contact customer service to see if points could stack with the discount. first chance to buy the doll passed with no answer in a few days. so... i sent another request for an answer and the next day it was on sale was about a week later. still no reply. since it was the last day of the sale i decided to try it because their discount specifically states "reward will be applied to next purchase". tried to purchase the doll and it said rewards cannot be stacked.
Contacted them again asking if a points reversal was possible as i wanted to save it towards a larger purchase since it couldnt stack. got a response back saying it couldnt be done from the chat window. asked to have it forwarded to customer service which they did. i then got a response that my points would be refunded tomorrow. tomorrow came and points didnt get refunded. sent a two more follow up reponses the next few days. never got an answer back and havent heard from them since then.

So when i bought another new doll i went to another vendor instead even though i really wanted to buy more of theirs.
Its fine though; really like the other vendors i have bought from anyways and love the new doll i got instead from the other vendor even though i paid quite a bit more than the doll i wanted from their sale.

I even went back to add more photos and information to my review of jessica to the TDF review and the post was locked.
I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for the added info. I was really conflicted with posting about this because I don't like to make a fuss for no reason, but after this many months of radio silence I thought it was justified to at least make a post about it, considering they are TDF approved.

I sent a message to their chat window as well. They were more responsive, and they forwarded my issue to their sales team. They got back to me a day or two later saying that it was lost in the mail and that they would send an in-stock item rush delivered. That explanation is funny because I was originally told it was late because they had no in-stock items and that it had to be made for me. Anyway, it is supposed to be here tomorrow, so hopefully all goes well.

They have yet to address the AI Tech robotic head not working.

yarick7

Post by yarick7 »

its good that you will at least get the product you paid for; hope that part goes well.

It is unfortunate that they are unable to respond on other request though but at least the main issue is hopefully resolved.

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

It got here but it's the wrong color. Oh well, at least they tried :D

yarick7

Post by yarick7 »

At least you got something out of it. That happened with a doll I ordered from another vendor once too but since I liked dealing with them I didnt make a fuss about it. Actually kinda grew to like it since it was different from my other dolls at the time and I didnt have a tan one yet.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Man I’m glad I read these reviews. I’ve bought from another couple vendors with great results, and I was looking on their site, but I certainly won’t buy from them based on this situation. Seems I’ve dodged a bullet! Thank you.

Swedish Meatball

Post by Swedish Meatball »

Yeah, I contacted them about a TAYU but after a week, they haven’t replied with answers to any of my questions, despite saying they would by the next day.

I know it gets busy but this is too slow for a high end order.

I was recommended a different vendor who was very responsive and helpful. Even questioning an option I chose which kept me from making a big mistake. They got the order instead.

Perhaps they are having growing pains but I was not impressed with their lack of response.

Takenakahan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Takenakahan »

Thanks for Posting... I won't be buying from them.
Really appreciate it!

INFORMATIONS