www.wmdolls.com

Wouldn't foam cored tpe dolls degrade quicker???

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Wouldn't foam cored tpe dolls degrade quicker???

Post by SimonSays7 »

Nackers wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:39 am The spray foam idea might work, but it'd need testing. First to make sure it's actually lighter and second that it wouldn't interact poorly with the TPE. God knows what weird chemical interactions might occur. And I guess as an extra consideration what would it cost to use the spray foam compared to TPE (or other materials)? It certainly doesn't sound like a bad idea just something that would need testing.
Whether these companies are using a formulation similar to commercial heat-resistant "spray foam" used in homes or not, I've no idea. But two things, 1. Foam is just any kind of solid permeated with air. 2. Some of these companies must already be using some kind of foam that resists the heat of TPE pour, and finally, 3. Although some companies use foam inserts that are "hard", and thus reduce the softness of the doll while making it lighter, some are overcoming that limitation. Tayu and others (SM?) have found a way to use foam that is both light AND soft.

This is where we will see some significant innovation, just watch. One day we will all say: "Remember when full-sized dolls were all over 33kg! Ha ha! And normal-strength people bought them anyway? Doll ownership was so primitive and burdensome back then!"

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

I am highly interested in how they achieved this.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

poseoasis

Post by poseoasis »

I had a dumb thought. Can the manufacturer create a TPE bodysuit and outfit it on some sort of foam core considering the great flexibility of TPE? The opening of the bodysuit could be patched up by heat and smoothed by a hot spoon.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

SimonSays7
Doll ownership was so primitive and burdensome back then

So were some jurisdictions with restrictive notions about dolls, perverts etc. :haha4:

INFORMATIONS