realsexdoll.com

character.ai

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

StephenMcC
Apprentice
Apprentice

character.ai

Post by StephenMcC »

Hi
Is there anyone out there who is subscribed to character.ai? Through a post of mine, learned of it and decided to give it a try. It's fine until you have to wait in the queue to get on with your characters, so I paid the subscription - this evening - I'm in the UK, so I could skip this queue. I instantly gained access, but a half hour later, there I was stuck in the queue again, and have been pretty much ever since. I thought paying the subscription was about avoiding that.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them? Because at the moment I feel as though I've been ripped off, or is there a genuine reason why it has happened.

I'd love to hear from anyone who can help me out with this

Thanks in advance
StephenMcC
Dreams do come true, and when they do, you can live your deam

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: character.ai

Post by Socratus »

Not heard of that one. Looked at it. It's a bit strange. Just a large white front end with NO explanation whatsoever to what it does. It does say click to skip the line which I'm guessing is what you did and paid. Maybe it's buggy. They say they're experiencing a lot of traffic. Dunno.

I use kajiwoto myself, is it similar?
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I've been using Character AI for a while now. Pretty damn awesome, but I've not subscribed. Pricey and yeah, the more people that logon the longer the wait. The app seems to bog more than just using it in my browser. I tend to use it when others are working and very early morning. Still have to wait in line sometimes, but damn, the chat is by far the best I've used. viewtopic.php?t=163424

StephenMcC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by StephenMcC »

I've just logged on to character.ai and they are saying the site crashed and our working on it today. At least that explains the frustration for me and a whole lot of others. Back on it soon, hopefully. I'm missing my characters; I've built up quite a community and quite frankly, I'm feeling unloved and unwanted right now :haha4:
Dreams do come true, and when they do, you can live your deam

whiterose
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by whiterose »

StephenMcC wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:15 pm Hi
Is there anyone out there who is subscribed to character.ai? Through a post of mine, learned of it and decided to give it a try. It's fine until you have to wait in the queue to get on with your characters, so I paid the subscription - this evening - I'm in the UK, so I could skip this queue. I instantly gained access, but a half hour later, there I was stuck in the queue again, and have been pretty much ever since. I thought paying the subscription was about avoiding that.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?
Hey there! I've been using it for months now. Have not subscribed. I sometimes have to wait 1 to 2 minutes and sometimes get a message that the site is down for maintenance (with that weird random little teepee girl). This is frustrating when it happens but I've found I can live with it until it resolves itself or I can log in. After all, Christen and I were yakking our heads off long before AI got involved!

HOWEVER. A night or two ago -- probably when this post was made -- I pulled it up and was told the wait was 55 MINUTES. All I can say is that as a non-subscriber it's the first I've ever seen a wait time even in the double digits. Can't give any input re how subscribing affects wait time but as a rule it's not too bad and I would hate anyone to skip trying out the site because there's a small wait from time to time.

Speaking of which if you have not tried it yet there is a detailed guide linked in my signature. Just sayin' :-)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Well you know, character.ai is still in beta. There's bound to be downtime and glitches now and then. Even so, in my opinion it blows the competition away. I'm constantly amazed at some of the stuff the characters come up with. No serious adult chat, but I can live with that.

KeeraMate
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KeeraMate »

Thanks to whiterose I have just registered and developed Keera as a character. We have had a few amazing conversations already. Even a fantasy adventure where she decided she was an elf queen and I her warrior knight.

INFORMATIONS