https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Bastet Belt Removal

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Bastet Belt Removal

Post by agent0013 »

I bought the beautiful Bastet set mostly for the black body. She's here and it's a beautiful set! While I accumulate parts to move forward with the project I want to do I plan to try and make use of the set more or less as is for now, but was still curious about the body that lies beneath since that's what I want to work with the in the future.

The top came off easily, it ties in the back.

The bottom is far more complex, there's 4 separate pieces. The horizontal pleats and vertical pleats are two separate pieces and came off easily. Hidden underneath are panties. The part that's the problem is the large plastic belt with the chains. I've looked at it for probably 45 minutes and I have no idea how they got it on her, much less how I'd ever get it off without cutting it! There are no seams that I can see. The plastic doesn't stretch. To stretch it would likely cause damage to it. It won't fit over her hips and it won't fit over her breasts.

I'm really hoping there's something that I'm missing! I'll eventually cut it if I have to but I really don't want to. They didn't mould the body inside of it so there's got to be a way!
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (291.89 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

The Doll Man

Re: Bastet Belt Removal

Post by The Doll Man »

:whistle:
Egypt, 122.jpg
Egypt, 122.jpg (147.64 KiB) Viewed 427 times

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

agent0013 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:46 am ...I'll eventually cut it if I have to but I really don't want to...
Congratulations Agent0013 for this very nice acquisition! :multi:

But before cutting, you should contact LoneRanger... he has several hundred minis in his collection and he might have this Bastet set or a character with a similar costume! He will be more than happy to help you... he's a true mini enthusiast! :D
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Contact him? I think Bastet has other ideas... A summoning, perhaps?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (52.5 KiB) Viewed 387 times

Hmm. I don't know what it means either... I guess we'll see if it works!
LoneRanger wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:11 pm
(I think quoting someone will send them a notification!)

Follow us on Twitter!

Bastelhans1+

Post by Bastelhans1+ »

Have you tried to warm the Belt with a Hairdryer. Or take a look under that red buckle. There could be a connection pin. Soften with a Hairdryer will help too.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

I agree with Bastelhans, a hairdryer is probably your best bet. I’ve removed armor panties intact from a “Fire Knight” this way.

The plastic TBLeague uses is vinyl and becomes much more flexible with heat. I also liberally apply powder as a lubricant to help work it off.

My pal LR is not likely to be of assistance with this. He NEVER undressed sets like this and is known to pay extra to have sets dressed for him by the seller!

Good luck!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Bastelhans1+ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:18 am Have you tried to warm the Belt with a Hairdryer. Or take a look under that red buckle. There could be a connection pin. Soften with a Hairdryer will help too.
Unfortunately I do not have a hairdryer, I only have a heat gun. Although, once the TPE is completely melted off of her skeleton I'm sure the belt will come off really easily! :razz: I'm thinking this is a tool I'm going to have to invest in sooner or later.

I have looked under the buckle and there is something under there but it's to secure the red jewel. There are no seams on this thing anywhere that I can see, not even a seam where the mold comes together. In that sense I have to give credit where it's due for the level of quality on that piece.
ShadowFun wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:04 am I agree with Bastelhans, a hairdryer is probably your best bet. I’ve removed armor panties intact from a “Fire Knight” this way.

The plastic TBLeague uses is vinyl and becomes much more flexible with heat. I also liberally apply powder as a lubricant to help work it off.

My pal LR is not likely to be of assistance with this. He NEVER undressed sets like this and is known to pay extra to have sets dressed for him by the seller!

Good luck!
If the heated vinyl is stretched over her hips will it shrink back to its original size? It's a nice piece and I don't want to ruin it by having it stay stretched and/or have a symbol warped in a place I probably won't have any control over.

What are the odds of damage to the TPE due to the heat and pulling it off? I mainly bought her for the body so I don't want to do any damage to it! She's already got some compression marks around her hips from being in her outfit for who knows how long in the package but I'm hopeful those will come out in time on their own.

Outside of the heat idea the best I've come up with is to cut it in the back then drill little holes in it so I can close it back up with a metal ring or wire should I decide to use it again. Or, on both sides to keep symmetry.

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

I say cut it off. You can always reattach it, as you mentioned… and it’s likely, with a little planning, some other piece will cover where you cut. In any case, until you get more experience with your modifications of dolls and their stuff, the risk to this particular body is too great.

You went to great lengths and expense for the body… not the outfit. I say snip, snip… ✂️😜

TPE melts somewhere around 100 degrees Celsius. It goes from softened to gooey to liquid within a few degrees. The exact point where this will happen will vary greatly on the unique blend of the TPE in question.

Vinyl will get soft at about half that temperature and start to distort at 60ish Celsius, ultimately melting in the 100C range. The replaceable hands and feet of our Phicens are vinyl.

Heat guns are way too powerful and always a damage risk unless you can accurately control them. Get a hairdryer. A compact travel dryer is perfect because it would likely never put out enough heat to seriously damage TPE or vinyl. I use mine all the time to warm hands and feet to make them easier to pop off and on.

:glou:

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

ShadowFun wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:51 pm I say cut it off. You can always reattach it, as you mentioned… and it’s likely, with a little planning, some other piece will cover where you cut. In any case, until you get more experience with your modifications of dolls and their stuff, the risk to this particular body is too great.

You went to great lengths and expense for the body… not the outfit. I say snip, snip… ✂️😜

TPE melts somewhere around 100 degrees Celsius. It goes from softened to gooey to liquid within a few degrees. The exact point where this will happen will vary greatly on the unique blend of the TPE in question.

Vinyl will get soft at about half that temperature and start to distort at 60ish Celsius, ultimately melting in the 100C range. The replaceable hands and feet of our Phicens are vinyl.

Heat guns are way too powerful and always a damage risk unless you can accurately control them. Get a hairdryer. A compact travel dryer is perfect because it would likely never put out enough heat to seriously damage TPE or vinyl. I use mine all the time to warm hands and feet to make them easier to pop off and on.

:glou:
This is the kind of logic that really speaks to me! I really can't argue with it!

This is some good info about material properties and what the hands and feet are made of. I've made note of it for future reference.

I've added a hair dryer to my doll shopping list after the earlier comments. I would love to try your method of hand/foot removal. I hate doing it! I feel like I'm going to break something, and did once with my 1/12 although it seems to have healed since I haven't noticed it since I started handling her again.

Follow us on Twitter!

Bastelhans1+

Post by Bastelhans1+ »

Cut the Belt in the rear(there seems to be a line) and glue velcro or flexible fabric with superglue on the inside. Or drill 4 holes and use brasswire to hold the ends together. The "golden" wire will look like part of the outfit.

INFORMATIONS