www.thecityofsexy.com

Gynoid Feet: Standing Bolts vs Hard Silicone?

Gynoid Technology Limited is a high-tech. company focusing on the R&D of super-simulation beauty art collectibles,high-end mannequin, super realistic solid silicone dolls and artificial intelligent robot girlfriends. It is a perfect combination of the top international artists in the field of digital and human body sculpting, a well integration of the traditional art of sculpting and the 3D digital modeling, We starting from the prototyping to hand painting, taking care of each and every detail of our products. Our products adopts food-grade platinum silicone,alloy plus engineering plastic bones (keeping the ergonomics design in mind,we achieved the full-body joints mobility to its extreme ranges, including the articulation of finger joints). top-level styling, real-value experience...we can do more beyond your imagination. www.thecityofsexy.com
Mr_RubberLubber

Gynoid Feet: Standing Bolts vs Hard Silicone?

Post by Mr_RubberLubber »

Can anyone give any feedback please on how durable the hard silicone feet are compared to the feet with exposed standing bolts? This is both in terms of storing the doll standing up and in moving the joints regularly. Which would people recommend?

(I don't really care that much about the ankle seam on the hard silicone versions as I'm not really into foot fetish at all)

I've read that the feet with exposed bolts can often experience tearing of the soft silicone around the bolts, causing degradation of the feet over time. Apparently this happens even when just moving the leg joints. Can this issue be avoided by getting the hard silicone feet instead?

Conversely, do the hard silicone feet experience more damage from standing storage than the bolted feet, with the skeleton poking through?

Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks.

hornet77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Gynoid Feet: Standing Bolts vs Hard Silicone?

Post by hornet77 »

Firm feet is the way to go, almost no visible seam line better look than their promotion video.
Attachments
IMG_0400_my010.png
IMG_0400_my010.png (331.8 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
IMG_0398_my009.png
IMG_0398_my009.png (588.62 KiB) Viewed 2384 times

Mr_RubberLubber

hornet77 wrote:Firm feet is the way to go, almost no visible seam line better look than their promotion video.
That does look good - thanks! Are there any issues with storing the doll standing up? ie Is the silicone on the feet solid enough to prevent the skeleton poking through under the doll's own weight?

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

I can't speak for Gynoid, but from my own experience with another manufacturer, it is not recommended that you stand the boltless version for long periods. The recommended is a few hours at the most.

From my own experience, however, you can leave the boltless version standing for rather longer than that and they seem to be okay, provided that you protect them with socks and shoes such as trainers.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

hornet77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by hornet77 »

Mr_RubberLubber wrote:
hornet77 wrote:Firm feet is the way to go, almost no visible seam line better look than their promotion video.
That does look good - thanks! Are there any issues with storing the doll standing up? ie Is the silicone on the feet solid enough to prevent the skeleton poking through under the doll's own weight?
I have tried let her standing over two days on her feet with bandage wrapping on her feet, no issue at all.

Mr_RubberLubber

hornet77 wrote:
Mr_RubberLubber wrote:
I have tried let her standing over two days on her feet with bandage wrapping on her feet, no issue at all.
Ok, thats very helpful - thank you :D I plan to store mine standing up in her original box, so she will be stood on the styrofoam padding that comes with it. Hopefully that will be soft enough to avoid damage.

I'll probably employ PDutus's suggestion of putting socks on too, because that sounds like a good idea. Thanks PDutus.

qqstars
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by qqstars »

Mr_RubberLubber wrote:
hornet77 wrote:
Mr_RubberLubber wrote:
Ok, thats very helpful - thank you :D I plan to store mine standing up in her original box, so she will be stood on the styrofoam padding that comes with it. Hopefully that will be soft enough to avoid damage.

I'll probably employ PDutus's suggestion of putting socks on too, because that sounds like a good idea. Thanks PDutus.
On the same boat, ordered one with M13-170 hard feet and flight case, plan to store her inside flight case with case vertically set. Based on the feedback I think it should be really fine since the flight case come with soft foams already. Hope it works this way.

Dizzlecorp

Post by Dizzlecorp »

Also note, the standing bolts are slippery and metal, the doll will easily slide around on hard surfaced like tile, may damage surfaces (or your foot), especially if your doll is particularly heavy. I ordered a doll I can't use because it was "advanced and ends up weighing right at 90lbs or so. Moving it around was difficult and it would not stand on my floor. It began tearing the feet after a few times trying to wash it. I put it in storage and hope to one day recycle the materials to make one custom.

East Coast Custom Doll Manufacturing anyone? We need a manufacturer here since we are on the other side of the Earth logistically for the eastern US.

Ferreal
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ferreal »

I have a model 11 LiHui with standing bolts. She has been standing since I got her about 8 months ago. She is wearing socks and in some Jordan’s. Her feet are still perfect. I’m only using her as an art piece in my house. I love looking at her. She is a masterpiece 🥰

newguy22
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by newguy22 »

New to TDF, been doing a lot of research and Gynoid is becoming first on my list, hope to make a purchase soon. I am planning to store mine standing up so I am guessing the bolt version is the way to go. I saw others have some cap to put on the bolt to prevent scratching the floor, is there some similar cap that one can purchase for Gynoid bolt feet? Thanks.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

newguy22 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:01 pm New to TDF, been doing a lot of research and Gynoid is becoming first on my list, hope to make a purchase soon. I am planning to store mine standing up so I am guessing the bolt version is the way to go. I saw others have some cap to put on the bolt to prevent scratching the floor, is there some similar cap that one can purchase for Gynoid bolt feet? Thanks.
Personally, I would go with the hard feet option for a standing option, as it won't destroy socks/stockings/shoes. There's a small seam, but it's hardly noticeable from what I've heard.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS