kimberdoll.com

First Doll Surprises, Lessons, Shoulda's

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Steveo888
Active Poster
Active Poster

First Doll Surprises, Lessons, Shoulda's

Post by Steveo888 »

I had quite a few things come up that I didn't expect when I got my Kimberdoll (first doll), I thought it would be good to list them and share them because I don't think I really picked this up in reading the forums. Maybe it will help someone, or me when I get another doll. Please add to this list if you like.

So I had a Kimberdoll for a week only a few months ago and I tried to have everything set up and ready when she arrived. There is the "stuff" to get ready but I also should have gotten more mentally ready. I was pretty excited about the sex part, but not ready for the care and cleaning (there is plenty of warning about that) but the surprise was that I was also not ready to "co-habitate" with another humanoid. My lesson (for me at least) is to have some simple cute clothes ready and a chair covered with a blanket ready to set her up like she belongs. I found it was super weird to have a naked humanoid laying on a yoga mat under a blanket all the time. I shoulda been ready to welcome her in my mind.

About the doll - she is awesome. I was surprised that she is much more feminine and womanly than I expected. I expected a petite thin girlish doll, but then when I saw and felt her curves I was so pleasantly surprised. For me certainly, and for most people, she should seem very womanly and not girlish.

Next lesson is, of course, about the weight. That is covered a thousand times. But I only read once on the forum what I think was the big surprise for me - you are not as strong as you think you are. Some say she's light, some say she's heavy, whatever. 62 lbs is a lot. Its a 2-person lift per OSHA standards. Its heavier than a 5 foot tall IKEA shelf unit. Imagine throwing around an IKEA shelf unit from place to place, lie down, pick up, screw it, flip it, move to bathroom, move it back, over and over. Whether its heavy or not, its a lot of work. I am a fit person, and I was not ready. I threw out my elbow on DAY ONE and had to nurse it all week.

The wig was really too bad. It was way worse than I expected and I could not tolerate how dozens of hairs came out with every single brush stroke. I don't know anything about wigs but it seemed to me that this was not appropriate. My lesson is to get a decent wig and have it ready on day one. Along those same lines, get some flip flops or simple shoes for protection on day one. But the hair was difficult, I tied it all back with 3 or 4 rubber bands and she looked like a viking. Then I crawled on my floor after a few days and scoured every inch and picked up 10 or 20 rogue hairs that I did NOT want anyone else to find, thank you very much.

Also I noticed on day 2 or 3 that her elbows and knees were wearing out and this was mostly from just moving around and positioning. Those first days I did not appreciate how to move her around and did a lot more shoving and dropping than I should. Next time I will protect the knees with tall socks or something.

Oh, and the electric blanket! I did pre-order that and had that ready on day one. But it was a bad blanket! It acted unpredictably and turned off when I didn't expect it. I am pretty sure it was faulty but possibly I used it wrong with too high a setting shutting itself off. This one had too complicated controls. Also, I got a twin size blanket which does not fully wrap her, only like a taco with an open side, so I had do decide which part of her will not warm up, if it worked. Next time I should get a larger electric blanket with simpler controls. They may be a little expensive but at $49 I got a bad one and shoulda spend $69.

I used the UPS app on my phone to track and control the shipment (within its limits) and found it to be a really bad app. It uses inconsistent terms and mashes together 2 or 3 databases in one tool. Those lessons could go in an entire separate post. If you use the UPS app, then practice a dry run with it and see how it works (I shipped the electric blanket through UPS and diverted it to the store and managed it in the app).

I'll see what else I can think of. There are plenty of experiences to share, but I wanted to focus on just the surprises that I don't think were covered elsewhere in the forum.

Cheers.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: First Doll Surprises, Lessons, Shoulda's

Post by seagull »

The weight issue, "move to bathroom"
Try setting up a simple bedroom washing routine, there are a few posts recommending this approach for reducing the hazards associated with the bathroom technique

Wigs should be kept clean and silky smooth, placing your hand on the back of the head and starting with the ends of the hair strands, slowly work you way back to the head with repeated brush strokes

My single bed electric blanket has 9 settings, Number 5 for 4 hours with a quilt over the doll results in a high 20's temperature, body heat and other stuff is enough for me :whistle:

Lastly Kimbers are great :thumbs_up:

Steveo888
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Steveo888 »

FWIW I got my second doll and it was a hugely different experience. #1 I had all my stuff ready. I was ordering this and that for several weeks before the doll actually arrived. #2 I was much more comfortable having a humanoid living with me and whatever initial awkwardness that I had with the first doll (OMG what am I doing theres a fake woman doll on the floor) was TOTALLY gone and I just really enjoyed every minute. I have read in places that some guys have a initial buyers remorse and think its not for them or they are just surprised initially. I really think this can wear off since in my experience I needed to recalibrate my mind after getting a doll for the very first time.

Besides the brainrecalibration, I also was more prepared and ALL of the surprises above were not surprises and I expected them, planned ahead, took my time, and just rolled with it. I think this might be part of what separates us newbies - who post confused questions - from the experienced owners who don't seem so concerned about stuff.

Anyway I hope it helps any new doll owners or soon to be doll owners. There will be surprises. But it is good.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yep, tis a learning curve, but it gets easier and after a while becomes second nature. :wink:

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Steveo888 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 am Imagine throwing around an IKEA shelf unit, screw it(...)
I would rather not, thanks! :haha4: (and I am pretty sure that would void the warranty)

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

Think I was lucky that I took to my Kimber straight away. I too didn't have anything ready except some tights, undies and bra from the local supermarket. I really skimped out on doing any research. When i opened the package I didn't bother with the cheap nasty sex worker clothes that she came with and chose instead to just dressed her in one of my t-shirts. I think I have a pic of her from those first days....

Yea the blond wig that she came with. OMG it was so bad. It shreaded hair all over the place, always looked a mess and was really uncontrolable, at least for newbie me. I got a cheap amazon wig I used with her instead. At first I didn't know how to place it and it was always too high LOL, but it was better and didn't shread. Eventually I got nicer clothes and better wigs for her.

Moving her about, yes in the early days at times you look at the doll sat on the sofa and just didn't want to move her, it was so hard work. But I believe that ever since I've had her (Jan2022), she has been in my bed every single night. Moving her gets easier all the time, its just normal now. I have a second doll that's even heavier, she is a doddle to move too.

She now has settled in and has her own personality and own fashion style, just like a regular girl. She is quite girly.

I love her to bits!!!
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

Steveo888
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Steveo888 »

Sooo nice! Thank you for sharing! She does have her style :)

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

GazzaGreen wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:56 pm I love her to bits!!!
Very nice. I like the first shot. Very cute.

I've noticed some pix around that look like she's smiling. It that photoshopped or is her mouth flexible too?
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

Short wigs are always better

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Good new user overview. Especially the initial protection notes. :)

FWIW I put on some cotton socks then kids sneakers on her to protect her feet. Dress her nice and have her standing next to a wall, with a bit if foam to protect her backside. She is in a natural position and you avoid damage from long term sitting and stretching of the TPE. And standing there in a nice outfit, she is always "ready to go". :)

Also, you do not have to trundle her into the bathroom for cleaning after every time, depending on the cleaning methods you use. You CAN thoroughly clean her internal parts in the privacy of your bedroom without getting mess everywhere. The critical part is her internal cleaning. Full body cleaning not as much, since she won't sweat like a RLW. As long as you clean up the parts contaminated by your naughty nectar (internal or external), then you should be fine. Occasional cleaning and wipe down is needed, but not a full shower after every romp.

So far you have learned a lot and more importantly SHARED that information.

Many thanks!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

attadoll

Post by attadoll »

pokitom wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:59 pm Short wigs are always better
Yep, she looks good with a short, human hair wig, that's what my Aurelia wears
20220715_001533.jpg
20220715_001533.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1497 times

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

attadoll wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:19 pm
pokitom wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:59 pm Short wigs are always better
Yep, she looks good with a short, human hair wig, that's what my Aurelia wears20220715_001533.jpg

I have long wigs for photo taking or just because they were cheap. ( Found cheap but good quality)
But it's a nightmare lol. It's really a nightmare

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

BigJay039 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:54 pm I've noticed some pix around that look like she's smiling. It that photoshopped or is her mouth flexible too?
It's Faceapp. You get it on Android and Apple devices. I use a tablet for it. You can change the smile, makeup, hair and backgrounds and things like that with full version. You can go so far that they look Human!
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

GazzaGreen wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:25 am
BigJay039 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:54 pm I've noticed some pix around that look like she's smiling. It that photoshopped or is her mouth flexible too?
It's Faceapp. You get it on Android and Apple devices. I use a tablet for it. You can change the smile, makeup, hair and backgrounds and things like that with full version. You can go so far that they look Human!
Thanks. I'll definitely dl it and play with it. I love her smiling. 😁
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Had my doll 2 weeks. For me:

1. The weight of course. I'd read the forums, but the weight was still a bit of a shock. She's 81lbs... but she's getting easier to handle.
2. Her sitting around naked and no clothes under a blanket. YES. I didn't really realise just how weird it would be to have no actual clothes for her. Some default underwear came with her which doesn't do it.
However that was on purpose. I didn't want to jump the gun and find that customs had screwed up my delivery. I bought some simple stuff from a 2nd hand store when I had a moment and am waiting for hopefully better from ebay, but wouldn't ya know - it's from China, which means WEEKS to wait! I'm gonna have to get some more from elsewhere faster- 2nd hand shop here I come again!
Now her character doesn't mind being naked, but I have absolutely nothing nice for her.
3. Default wig is indeed crap. Immediately ordered a new one, and have another on the way. She looks much better in her new hair, though it still isn't quite the style I want.
4. Kinda wishing I'd paid extra for the articulated hands. Not sure how long these fingers will last. I should have known better, As an artsit, hands are VERY important to reflect a person and his thoughts/feelings.
5.Probably won't get a removal vagina insert next time.
6. Just got an electric blanket today. First ever. We will see how it works tonight! I will be super careful.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS