teddy-babes.com

Were the Original TB's discontinued?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
TexasToast
Apprentice
Apprentice

Were the Original TB's discontinued?

Post by TexasToast »

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have an original Carly TB and was looking to get a new one. I just saw on the EW site that only the Deluxe and Ultra are now listed. Have the original versions being permanently discontinued?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Were the Original TB's discontinued?

Post by Mr Franz »

Yep, a long time ago. They had some left over Diannas for a while, but they're all gone now too. So the only Teddies available new are the rotating hip models, ultra and deluxe.

TexasToast
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TexasToast »

I hadn't been to the EW site in a while until now so I didn't know about that. The good thing is that the deluxe models are now the same price as the originals ($799) and I've been wanting one for a while but after reading about the quality and height issues I'm not so sure anymore...

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

TexasToast wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:11 pm I hadn't been to the EW site in a while until now so I didn't know about that. The good thing is that the deluxe models are now the same price as the originals ($799) and I've been wanting one for a while but after reading about the quality and height issues I'm not so sure anymore...
I fought for a smaller Deluxe for a year and it looks like they fixed it and shaved off 5 inches. This year's model is 5'4" now. Not 5'9".
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

TexasToast
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TexasToast »

ChaseTruth TJ wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:36 am I fought for a smaller Deluxe for a year and it looks like they fixed it and shaved off 5 inches. This year's model is 5'4" now. Not 5'9".
That's awesome! I think 5' would be the absolute perfect height but 5'4" is good and much, much better than 5'9"!!

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

TexasToast wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:03 pm That's awesome! I think 5' would be the absolute perfect height but 5'4" is good and much, much better than 5'9"!!
That's what I told them throughout the year, but 5'4" was all I could get out of them in the end.
I myself am 5ft, and would like them even smaller, but these dolls sell primarily to men.
Most other woen are around 5'2" - 5'4".
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

INFORMATIONS