HOW CAN I PREVENT STAINING MY DOLL?

We turn dreams into reality!
59Finz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: HOW CAN I PREVENT STAINING MY DOLL? Polyester or cotton

Post by 59Finz »

keeneye wrote:Some great tips here.. But my doll is brown and my new doll on the way will be black. My brown doll darkens her white clothing since she has to be powdered with baby powder mixed with some cocoa powder or she will look lighter and greyish. Any one with a darker skinned doll who has some feed back on clothing colors?
Wait, cocoa powder like the kind you cook with? Is that safe for the long term? My doll is very dark tan close to brown and I noticed powdering is hard to do and makes her look ashy, after a while it looks okay.

I'm also looking for feedback on clothing for darker dolls.

Also it seems some fabrics stain more than others. It seems like cottons and spandex materials don't stain as often?

Enchanted
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: HOW CAN I PREVENT STAINING MY DOLL?

Post by Enchanted »

chengsta wrote:I find that polyester never stains my dolls, black.
This is correct, it is the best to buy polyester clothes, they have color centers in them that do not stain, but always wash it one time.
The Escapades of Esmee (photo thread):
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144390
The search and buying your first doll... ideas, tips, the frustrations and all you will go through:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=140093
Review FutureDoll 163cm:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144301
Stained Silicone Doll:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144054

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: HOW CAN I PREVENT STAINING MY DOLL? Polyester or cotton

Post by PDutus »

59Finz wrote:
keeneye wrote:Some great tips here.. But my doll is brown and my new doll on the way will be black. My brown doll darkens her white clothing since she has to be powdered with baby powder mixed with some cocoa powder or she will look lighter and greyish. Any one with a darker skinned doll who has some feed back on clothing colors?
Wait, cocoa powder like the kind you cook with? Is that safe for the long term? My doll is very dark tan close to brown and I noticed powdering is hard to do and makes her look ashy, after a while it looks okay.

I'm also looking for feedback on clothing for darker dolls.

Also it seems some fabrics stain more than others. It seems like cottons and spandex materials don't stain as often?
I use cocoa powder mixed with cornflour on Rashona, my cocoa WM172B after reading about it on TDF. No issues and she smells rather nice :) No issues.

I've had no staining issues with her so far but I go for good quality clothes. I've also had no problems with spandex, such as with this double-zipper catsuit:
20200412_161056_edited, straightened.jpg
20200412_161056_edited, straightened.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 413 times
20200412_155816_edited.jpg
20200412_155816_edited.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 413 times
You can also use this as an undergarment if she is wearing jeans and a long-sleeved top that might stain. I have some white ones for my lighter-skinned dolls:
IMG_1771 (cropped).JPG
IMG_1771 (cropped).JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 413 times
I get them from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Rashona has this Karen Millen dress which she wore for several weeks without issue:
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG (10.6 MiB) Viewed 413 times
As well as this one:
IMG_6632.jpg
IMG_6632.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 413 times
Although I think that darker-skinned girls are less prone to staining, or perhaps might not show it so obviously, you still have to be careful, especially with cheap clothes.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Nouchi
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nouchi »

Dark babes owners you can have a look there:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91430&hilit=food+coloring
:glou:

MaxStilo

Post by MaxStilo »

thanks for the informative posts, everyone! for someone new to the world of TPE dolls, can you tell me if this soap bucket repeat wash method also applies to lingerie and support bras?

INFORMATIONS