Starpery.com

why she began to melt.?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Kaori Kusanagi

Re: why she began to melt.?

Post by Kaori Kusanagi »

Is the wire copper? If it is, the coating on it might'vbe been damaged and it might be reacting with the TPE; I'm sure I read somewhere around here that copper and brass and stuff has that problem?

simon_chan

Post by simon_chan »

ADHERAQ777 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:01 pm Hi :)

On finger begin to melt, only one, she is a WMDOLL 2018.

What I do I cut? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
IMG_20220704_162310.jpg

For my next Doll I think take Silicone as my first Doll, TPE low cost china is a very bad material... Moisture easy, no bacterial, to melt sometime, reactive to other thing cometime, oil all time and manufacturer don't know if we do it or not, oil enter, but never go outside...

TPE is a low cost material, 3 years lifetime, silicone platinium is about 5years lifetime, for me stop this bad material TPE.... :whistle:
Don't overuse TPE repair glue if you're trying to fix your doll. It will melt down the TPE. Please use Super glue If you want to glue the nail on the finger. Take good care of your doll. :D

WM dolls
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by WM dolls »

Hi, ADHERAQ777

We noticed that the situation is rare.

The TPE material contacts conventional items (items without excessive chemical components) and will not melt at regular temperature.

Could you send us a video for it, shoot as completely as possible about the situation. We will follow up with you later.

Thanks,

WM Group

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

nicvncnt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:49 pm

What I do I cut? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Is this possibly a reaction to either the nail polish or an earlier application of nail polish remover?
I agree with this, the pics from the melting phenomenon appear to start in one spot and work their way through as if started by a chemical reaction. It would be nice if there were a legit chemist here to say what chemicals could affect TPE so we could watch for them in the products we use.
The doll that started this thread really looks to me to have had a reaction with a hair care product or the material of a wig, Until we know what things start the reaction it would be safest to store TPE dolls buck naked, I don't even use cloth against mine in storage, just plastic sheeting over the pillows they lay on to avoid having the oil weep out.
Regardless, it does look like once the reaction starts it spreads through by physical contact which is why I suggested amputation to remove back to the good TPE before the reaction continues further. We know enough now to reconstruct and repair TPE with readily available tools so something like that finger could be rebuilt by removing a small section of material from inside the doll.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Hopelessman
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Hopelessman »

My god, that looks terrible, is it because of the high temperature?
160cm Anna and 163cm Alexia from bestrealdoll

ADHERAQ777

Post by ADHERAQ777 »

Only use Soap on Hand and Oil, never other thing :(

I have cut. :roll:
IMG_20220706_154314.jpg
IMG_20220706_154314.jpg (4.72 MiB) Viewed 384 times
Reaction seem to be stop now.
WMDOLLS 140 2018 TPE
Starpery RONG TPE 2021
Teddy Babe 2009 Jessica
4Woods Elina 2011
Doll House 168

Dolls Repair TV : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCiI8IS ... /playlists
Dolls Albums : http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=11576
Print3D : https://cults3d.com/fr/utilisateurs/Anarkia777/
Artiste 3D : https://www.deviantart.com/anarkia333/gallery

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I bet you saved her, the reaction could have been from anything she came in contact with. That's why I wish we had information on what could react so we know what to avoid.

If the melting doesn't start again perhaps WM could send a TPE block to aid in repair, could even be a good excuse to upgrade to articulated hand skeletons and make a little lemonade from lemons..
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Kaori Kusanagi

Post by Kaori Kusanagi »

Is the finger wire copper, or a copper alloy?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

You were looking at the green color of the other pic :)
download/file.php?id=966577&mode=view

DocDurdin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DocDurdin »

So, if silicone reacts badly contacting TPE, how do they swing mounting silicone heads on TPE dolls to sell?

And, is the process the same in reverse? Does TPE damage silicone?

Really was set on a particular girl, but pretty sure I'll stop and look for a silicone now if they last so much longer...

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Heads are usually a harder type of Silicone, practically no Silicone oil to get mixed up with the softer TPE
I believe the advice is still not to store Silicone & TPE touching each other for lengthy periods
From anecdotal accounts on this forum, mixing two dissimilar free oil constituent substances together has not had good outcomes for a number of years

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

This thread is truly nightmare fuel but very interesting nonetheless. Not showing it to Miranda, of course!

And credit to WM for showing up and replying!
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Huge props to WM for joining the conversation. This is not specifically a WM issue, it is an overall TPE issue, but if WM stands up to take notice, then they are the vendor to back.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Azuwish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Azuwish »

RevJack wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:55 am Huge props to WM for joining the conversation. This is not specifically a WM issue, it is an overall TPE issue, but if WM stands up to take notice, then they are the vendor to back.
My exact thought when I saw their post

csaduck

Post by csaduck »

Been looking into what could have caused this and in reading several pages of chemical analyses and production papers on TPE use in industry, all I could pick up in most of this was, HEAT destroys TPE. As little as 80 degrees f. can start the degrading process. TPE is a silicone product that is made from silica sand and chemicals to cause a elastic chain of the molecules and it is forced into molds and then cooled. After cooling it has taken the shape of whatever was the molded design. BUT, TPE can be reshaped with the application of heat again, it can even be recycled. (read that some dolls are in fact made with recycled TPE and they tend to fall apart faster due to improper mixing).
Your photo's are very disturbing, we pay a lot of money for these dolls and hope they would last quite a few years.
TPE is used for prosthetic limbs and if the polymers breakdown after a few years from ozone and heat, this could be pretty expensive so I am not absolutely sure that I did get to the true answer as to what caused this head meltdown. I would hope you still have this "Face glob" and could maybe send a sample of it to doll manufactures if needed after you contact them and ask what they think.

INFORMATIONS