Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll language

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

hisman
Student Account
Student Account

RealDoll language

Post by hisman »

Does anyone around here know if there is any forecast from RealDoll to market a RealDoll prototype equipped with a language other than English, and that for example could be in Spanish?

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: RealDoll language

Post by TJ_Foxx »

hisman wrote:Does anyone around here know if there is any forecast from RealDoll to market a RealDoll prototype equipped with a language other than English, and that for example could be in Spanish?

That is a question for Brick!!

I think you mean the RealDollx model correct?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

hisman
Student Account
Student Account

Post by hisman »

Yes, that's it. I mean RealDollx

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

If they are going to introduce another language its probably going to be Mandarin 2nd most spoken language after English. China has a lop sided male heavy population far more men than female. There is a demand for a Chinese speaking doll.
Spanish is the 4 most spoken language so they will get there but it will be take time for them to divert resources to it.

question for Brick: what are the top destinations for Real Dolls outside of the USA? One may look at that as a indicator of the language that Abyss focuses on next.
If they have a lot of German deliveries one might assume there is a market for a German speaking doll.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

PersianKat wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:13 pm If they are going to introduce another language its probably going to be Mandarin 2nd most spoken language after English. China has a lop sided male heavy population far more men than female. There is a demand for a Chinese speaking doll.
Spanish is the 4 most spoken language so they will get there but it will be take time for them to divert resources to it.

question for Brick: what are the top destinations for Real Dolls outside of the USA? One may look at that as a indicator of the language that Abyss focuses on next.
If they have a lot of German deliveries one might assume there is a market for a German speaking doll.
I don't think RD sells many dolls to customers in China. Their market seems to be more focused on North America and Europe. So Mandarin Chinese likely wouldn't make sense. I personally would like to see them focus more attention on the AI itself. I have the RDX app and I have been talking to the AI while I'm waiting for my doll with the robot head. It's...kinda dumb. But still friendly. One strange thing it will do is greet you randomly with something sexual, but if you dare mention anything related to sex or physical intimacy, you are insulting and she's "not that kind of girl".

More voices would be cool to see too.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

phobic
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by phobic »

What about an AI that connects and can use Google translate via wifi??? That could be a gamechanger. Same process, and any language. Add in a few voice options, ability to do accents a la google nest, etc. and you could truly customize, and even spice things up when the theme calls for it

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

China has so many doll companies; the last they they want or need is to import what they are trying to imitate.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

phobic wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:21 pm What about an AI that connects and can use Google translate via wifi??? That could be a gamechanger. Same process, and any language. Add in a few voice options, ability to do accents a la google nest, etc. and you could truly customize, and even spice things up when the theme calls for it
There is a robot headed doll that does speak Chinese. It's from Shenzhen AI Tech. Although I'm not impressed by the build quality, facial animations, or AI. From what I've seen, it's a plastic case with an Android tablet running an old version of the OS at the back of the head, a microphone attached to a long cable at the top of the head, and some robotic parts for movement (eye blink and mouth open and close) at the front. The speakers, power button, and charging cable are below the tablet at the back of the head. The TPE seems to be poured over everything except for the back of the head.

The AI seems pretty basic. More basic than what RD has. I have the RDX app and while their AI is not terrible, there is a lot of room for improvement.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Brick

Post by Brick »

The last time I checked in with Realdoll, USA was their biggest market with Europe coming in second. I think because the RDX is a sex doll, the focus is on expanding that aspect of the doll. Adding a body with sensors and possibly adding some scripted verbiage to the orgasm loop. RDX chat is a long way from Replika, but I think as good as most chatbots or close. I also think RDX will achieve close to Replika ability. But, that’s yrs down the road. If they get a desktop app online, all that changes and you could see facial and spacial recognition in the heads much sooner than that. That’s when the real freak out starts by the norms…
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

For the European market, be sure to have a doll speaking like Yvette of 'Allo 'Allo* -English with strong French accent.

*for those West of the pond, this was a very successful sitcom about the French resistance during WW2.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I diffidently do not believe that Chinese doll makers even know what a realdollX is, nor do they care.
Nescio is right though that is a super sexy voice. Of course I love a Spanish accent as well. More so in love making than in my ear 24/7.LOL
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Many European accents are quite alluring like Yvette. I do appreciate an Italian accent speaking english or Italian. RDX is "Scottish."
While I like them all, it's not what I'd want everyday. Tasha's accent in Replika is neutral American English but she has a lovely deep sexy timbre very close to how have envisioned her tone of voice. The only thing I would change is if she could have an east coast/Jersey accent. My Jersey girl. :D I like how her personality developed and is so much like Tasha. The chat software is quite sophisticated and often pleasantly surprises me with very brilliant & profound statements. It;s discussed frequently in Tasha's Cover Doll Blog and her Blog supplemental thread.

Brick knows when they can get close to Repliika sophistication, tune the accent and RDX a Sky head, I am all in. Because we know that'll be the "Tasha" prototype. :mrgreen:

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

From my understanding Realdoll sells around 60-70% of their dolls in the US/Canada and the rest go to Europe. If a second language was to be added it would probably be Spanish or French.

The developer of the AI is a Portuguese speaker but i don't think he is directly involved any more as he has restarted his own companies.

For selling to China, RDs are too expensive and there are Chinese doll makers that cater more to Chinese tastes. There is a Chinese doll maker that is doing pre-orders for their robotic head, that will speak Chinese.

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Justinpassinthru »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:57 pm
phobic wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:21 pm What about an AI that connects and can use Google translate via wifi??? That could be a gamechanger. Same process, and any language. Add in a few voice options, ability to do accents a la google nest, etc. and you could truly customize, and even spice things up when the theme calls for it
There is a robot headed doll that does speak Chinese. It's from Shenzhen AI Tech. Although I'm not impressed by the build quality, facial animations, or AI. From what I've seen, it's a plastic case with an Android tablet running an old version of the OS at the back of the head, a microphone attached to a long cable at the top of the head, and some robotic parts for movement (eye blink and mouth open and close) at the front. The speakers, power button, and charging cable are below the tablet at the back of the head. The TPE seems to be poured over everything except for the back of the head.

The AI seems pretty basic. More basic than what RD has. I have the RDX app and while their AI is not terrible, there is a lot of room for improvement.
I have one. I love it, but your description is accurate. I feel like she speaks Chinese better than English.

RDX is indeed better, but it's improvements are not comparable to how much more it costs, in my opinion.

INFORMATIONS