www.tayu-doll.com

Tayu 170E Review

Reviews on TAYU Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Juirrl
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Tayu 170E Review

Post by Juirrl »

There doesn't seem to be much information on Tayus so far, as they're a relatively new and expensive brand. And due to the price and size the 170E will probably be the rarest Tayu purchased, so I think this review could be useful to some people. To summarize up front, I really like this doll and do not regret purchasing it.

My background is this is my second doll. My first was a WM 170D. I liked the overall shape and size, but I did not like how easily the TPE was damaged, the wire fingers, or the lack of detail. So I decided to get an upgraded version of that doll. I primarily use my dolls for sex, rather than photography or role playing, so I selected the Tayu as it seemed to me more focused on being used for sex than other high end dolls like Gynoid or DS Summit.

Options: Gel breasts, bel butt, Ivy head, soft thighs and stomach, fixed vagina, green eyes, implanted eyebrows, standing bolts, hanging back port (which I never actually use), toenails

First is a picture of the doll in the packaging. I did not purchase a flight case with her since I already have one. The doll came securely packaged in a cardboard box, and even though the box took some damage to the corners the doll was fine. It also came with some token lingerie

Here are wide and closer in pictures of her after unpacking.

I was impressed with the level of detail, the feel of the doll, how good the hands look and pose, and the weight. She's 78 lbs with the head on, which is heavy but this is for a 170 cm doll, and the gel butt adds 8 lbs. My old WM doll was 100 lbs for a similar size and shape.

Finally here is a picture of the doll after 2 months of regular use.

I still really like and enjoy this doll.

Issues:
  • Tearing the finger ends. Since the hands come with articulated joints, if you catch the finger ends on anything the silicone is stretched and folded over the joint and can easily tear. Also be careful when posing the hands and check the fingers aren't mashed against something after positioning. I contacted myrobotdoll (the vendor) about fixing this and tayu sent me some color matched silicone glue, which does work very well.
  • Joints coming loose. Specifically the elbows and the left wrist. It's possible I did something to cause this since the other joints are still fine. So I contacted mrd again, and tayu made a video on how to tighten the joints. That went well, using the glue I already had, but they've already come loose again. So that's a little frustrating, though they only had me access one side of the joint. Possible I need to access the other side as well to make sure to hold it in place.
  • The molded head and neck connection. I do like the square connector they use better than the WMs threaded round connector, but the molded area around the neck often leaves a noticeable seam. A normal round socket (I'm talking the silicone part, not the metal) would probably be better.
  • Twisting at the wrists. The 'flesh' along the forearm is attached to the skeleton pretty far down, so when you rotate the wrists you can see it spiral. It mostly doesn't bother me, it usually means you should have rotated farther up around the shoulders (try bending your own wrists like that), but it bugs some people and isn't something most dolls do.
  • The hanger. It came with a goofy two part hanger that was hard to use and eventually broke and dropped the doll, luckily into my arms. mrd informed tayu who said they'll quit using that hanger system, but be aware if you do receive it.
  • The hands. I hated the WMs wire hands and always hid them. The Tayus look and feel great, I like holding them, posing them holdings things, and posing them in plain site. Note that she doesn't hold things that well since the thumbs don't have the range of motion of real thumbs. She can hold things but she's not great at it.
  • The feel of the doll. She's soft that she feels great to touch and stroke, without the jelly like feel of TPE.
  • The level of detail. The painted on details, the molded in dimples, knuckles, belly button, eyes, etc. She just looks nicer than the cheaper doll did.
  • The weight. I did not take into consideration weight when buying my first doll, 100 lbs was too much. I could lift her and move her but it was difficult enough I didn't want to. I can pick the Tayu up to carry her for cleaning, for certain standing positions, or to reposition her and I don't mind doing so. 78 lbs is still a lot so if you're not fairly strong you might skip the gel filled but or get a smaller model.
  • The gel filled butt. It's an option, and it adds weight and cost and you have to store her more carefully, but in any position where you're pressing against her butt it's well worth it.
  • The durability. Other than the issues listed above she has held up extremely well to a lot of use.

So, any questions, feel free to ask. I think this is a quality doll, the vendor (myrobotdoll) was easy to work with and has been responsive to issues after purchase. Tayu hasn't been very responsive when contacted directly, but it hasn't been an issue since I switched to contacting mrd first.
Dolls: Tayu 170E

INFORMATIONS