teddy-babes.com

To Mod a Teddy Babe - Making some much needed changes to our Deluxe

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

To Mod a Teddy Babe - Making some much needed changes to our Deluxe

Post by Invo »

So we own two girls, Tyra and Jessie. Tyra is a Classic model and damn near perfect: soft as can be, posable but still will rag doll in your arms, and to be frank the Classic Diana models are just adorable. (Minor issue is some of her seams have come loose, so may need repairs in the future)

Then we have Jess, the problem child of the sisters lol. She's why I'm making this thread: Theres a lot about her that just doesn't match the quality or charm of the Classic models

First things first, she's one tall bitch. She matches my height at 5'10"-5'11", and towers over her sister. (Mind you she was advertised as 5'5")

Weird thing is though, most of this extra height is because of her disproportionate body! Her legs are normal sized, but her torso is unrealistically long, as seems to be the case with most of the new swivel leg deluxes

Second thing is she is tough! Her fabric is soft, but either shes stuffed to the absolute brim, or whatever stuffing was used for the new Deluxes is just not plush in the slightest. I've been making an effort to break her in just to soften her up for months to very little effect. She's much more of a Fabric Mannequin than a doll you can easily cuddle (kind of an issue when thats kind of the selling point of Teddy Babes)

I mean ffs her chest is hard as two rocks!

Finally, she's had a bunch of smaller issues like an egg shaped head I had to flatten out to look more natural, and to be a bit explicit, a rear that is impossibly too tight to enter if the insert is in.

The conclusion is, we after 1 year of owning her, something needs to change.

My friend has offered to buy her off me (you'll probably read this, so hi in advance lol) but my GF is fairly attached to our Teddy Babes and wouldn't want to see her go unless she absolutely had to (she might break up with me if I ever got rid of Tyra lmao)

So, the TL:DR is that its time to Mod Jess.

My gameplan is to open up the stitching on her back to
1. Remove some of or replace her stuffing with something actually actually be fitting of a stuffed animal
2. Literally 'cut her down to size' by removing some of her back skeleton, compressing her torso and shaving a few inches off her
3. Maybe even outright removing the skeleton save for the essential frame work

More ambitious mods would be to add a zipper to her back to unstuff her whenever needed (it is super hard to store a 5'10" plush girl around your house) and yet even more ambitious, add an oral cavity to her mouth

I wanted to put this thread here to see if anyone has attempted anything similar in the past

Love Teddy Babes, but after seeing the quality of the new Deluxe, I can only assume they outsourced their production and cut a lot of corners. Time to take things into my own hands I guess!
Attachments
20210419_155233.jpg
20210419_155233.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 540 times

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: To Mod a Teddy Babe - Making some much needed changes to our Deluxe

Post by Invo »

Still figuring out the new UI, here are those images with the pic of Tyra above
20220226_141203.jpg
20220226_141203.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 538 times
20210605_161604.jpg
20210605_161604.jpg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 538 times
20210610_221837.jpg
20210610_221837.jpg (3.51 MiB) Viewed 538 times
20210605_142658.jpg
20210605_142658.jpg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 538 times

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

I'll take her as is.
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Tyra is beautiful. Please, take care of her.
Teddy Babes have always outsourced the production of the basic body and head and most of the stuffing.
They are air-shipped from Hong-Kong to Pennsylvania.
In Pennsylvania they add on the eyes, mouth, fingernails, toenails and hair. (and Pubes)
And they get shipped to you.
Non-rotating TBD's came from a different vendor. The stich lines on the boobs were almost vertical and the boobs were bigger.
They switched to a new vendor with the very first Diana. The stich lines across the boobs are horizontal.
Personal opinion: I don't think Jess needs an oral cavity. She has nice kissable lips.
Cheers.

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Missionary wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:26 am Tyra is beautiful. Please, take care of her.
Teddy Babes have always outsourced the production of the basic body and head and most of the stuffing.
They are air-shipped from Hong-Kong to Pennsylvania.
In Pennsylvania they add on the eyes, mouth, fingernails, toenails and hair. (and Pubes)
And they get shipped to you.
Non-rotating TBD's came from a different vendor. The stich lines on the boobs were almost vertical and the boobs were bigger.
They switched to a new vendor with the very first Diana. The stich lines across the boobs are horizontal.
Personal opinion: I don't think Jess needs an oral cavity. She has nice kissable lips.
Cheers.
That sounds about right; well whatever changes were made in the vendors were poor decisions tbh. Honestly I'd happily give up Jess's rotating legs in favor of the older deluxes; slightly more flexibility really doesn't warrant the decline in quality

And lol, the oral cavity is a reach goal. I'm not the most competent sewer out there so probably wont try it, but always wanted an open mouthed TB without the whole mess that is the Ultra series

Thank you BTW! No exageration, Tyra is like the single best thing I own. My GF has gone from reluctantly accepting to full on loving her too, (regularlly uses her as a body pillow during work from home and when I'm not around) so that doll is something special ngl. We'll be taking care of her for years to come

INFORMATIONS