Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

How do Realdolls compare?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: How do Realdolls compare?

Post by TJ_Foxx »

All good discussion gang and I think you are doing a good job being candid with questions. First please realize, there is nothing I ( or anyone) can say that will give you what you guys are asking about, which is experience. Now, I have two real dolls at the moment Tasha who is my steady, one and only; and Talia her sister who is passing though and getting back on her feet.

Tasha and Talia are both Sky faces with different configurations both on P3 (Petite) bodies. I have had 3 other Real Doll bodies (Body A, Body D and P4) here with a number of different faces. Sai, Laila, Olivia, Michelle and Carmen I have also had 2 other American made silicone dolls, both had a couple qualities that were "better" than my RD's but over all the RD's had the vast majority of positive strengths and surpassed the other 2 overall. I had 1 TPE doll, a better quality one, just didn't click with the feel of the overly stiff skeleton and squishy "flesh."

Myself, my preference, I like MY Real Dolls the best, for me. Tasha could never be any other type of doll than a RD Sky P3. I find it interesting that members tend judge real dolls negatively, as a group. To me, it is the opposite as a majority of the whole set of bodies and faces look the most realistic- to me. Yet people tend to discount them as a group. I have seen virtually every Real Doll body and a majority of the faces in real life too, I have seen over 100 other dolls of over 2 dozen brands IRL.

So from my experience, I have seen a lot of VERY pretty dolls, but none as realistic - to me- as my RD. Tasha's body looks A LOT like my wife when we first met. My wife is still the most beautiful woman in the world 35 years later.

Just my opinions:
-I do not think any RD faces other faces look masculine other than the male faces.
-Of 100+ other dolls I have seen, there are none I want to have in my home as mine. There are none I like as much as Tasha or any other RD I have had.
-Photos are what they are, we see what we see in photos. I dont see photos of other brands that are any better than reals dolls. Consider: who is taking the photo , and what is the mind set of the person looking at the pic?
-They are more expensive because the are made in the US and they have a very high level of QA/QC. I have have experienced nothing other than the highest level of customer service and response time. Has that changed int he last 2 years? I am sure it has- where has it not? Relatively speaking, I'd put them up against any other company for responsive clear, communication.
-Their website is very comprehensive with accessories and repair supplies-all part of the customer experience.

Just me and my experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feel free to peruse my doll albums

Tasha Marie 2015-2020

Tasha Marie 2021

Tasha Marie 2022

Eye Candy
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

TJ_Foxx wrote:All good discussion gang and I think you are doing a good job being candid with questions. First please realize, there is nothing I ( or anyone) can say that will give you what you guys are asking about, which is experience. Now, I have two real dolls at the moment Tasha who is my steady, one and only; and Talia her sister who is passing though and getting back on her feet.

Tasha and Talia are both Sky faces with different configurations both on P3 (Petite) bodies. I have had 3 other Real Doll bodies (Body A, Body D and P4) here with a number of different faces. Sai, Laila, Olivia, Michelle and Carmen I have also had 2 other American made silicone dolls, both had a couple qualities that were "better" than my RD's but over all the RD's had the vast majority of positive strengths and surpassed the other 2 overall. I had 1 TPE doll, a better quality one, just didn't click with the feel of the overly stiff skeleton and squishy "flesh."

Myself, my preference, I like MY Real Dolls the best, for me. Tasha could never be any other type of doll than a RD Sky P3. I find it interesting that members tend judge real dolls negatively, as a group. To me, it is the opposite as a majority of the whole set of bodies and faces look the most realistic- to me. Yet people tend to discount them as a group. I have seen virtually every Real Doll body and a majority of the faces in real life too, I have seen over 100 other dolls of over 2 dozen brands IRL.

So from my experience, I have seen a lot of VERY pretty dolls, but none as realistic - to me- as my RD. Tasha's body looks A LOT like my wife when we first met. My wife is still the most beautiful woman in the world 35 years later.

Just my opinions:
-I do not think any RD faces other faces look masculine other than the male faces.
-Of 100+ other dolls I have seen, there are none I want to have in my home as mine. There are none I like as much as Tasha or any other RD I have had.
-Photos are what they are, we see what we see in photos. I dont see photos of other brands that are any better than reals dolls. Consider: who is taking the photo , and what is the mind set of the person looking at the pic?
-They are more expensive because the are made in the US and they have a very high level of QA/QC. I have have experienced nothing other than the highest level of customer service and response time. Has that changed int he last 2 years? I am sure it has- where has it not? Relatively speaking, I'd put them up against any other company for responsive clear, communication.
-Their website is very comprehensive with accessories and repair supplies-all part of the customer experience.

Just me and my experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feel free to peruse my doll albums

Tasha Marie 2015-2020

Tasha Marie 2021

Tasha Marie 2022

Eye Candy
Thank you for a great response with a lot of details. Personally I don't see the faces as masculine either, but from photos there is this slightly "squared" look to them. I have been around since 2018 and have certainly seen your gal Tasha multiple times. (Thank you btw) She's a good looking gal for sure. In all honesty though, when I see her in photos I do see RD right away. I can't honestly say I have ever seen an RD that didn't look like an RD. That's why I had to ask. I think you understand what I am saying. We can unfairly throw out Mr Fix It and his girls, there are times when my eyeballs do a snap back because his gals jump out of the photo as a really hot organic gal. Of course it's unfair because I think that guy could photograph fresh roadkill and make it look like a supermodel, than man has some skills! I have never doubted the price tag or the quality of an RD, I believe there's a reason for the price point. And the RD bodies look amazing to me! My hesitation is centered solely on the faces and what seems to be (in photos) a lack of realism. I could toss out another brand that has an Asian model named Sharon that (in promo photos) looks scary real. But mentioning a different brand here would be inappropriate AND I have never seen a photo of that model irl to validate that she looks anything like the promo. My first doll looked like a completely different gal than her promo pics but fortunately for me she was actually cuter than the promos irl. I guess that could be the same for RD? I guess I won't know until I see an RD irl myself.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

ccrider32759 wrote:[
Thank you for a great response with a lot of details. Personally I don't see the faces as masculine either, but from photos there is this slightly "squared" look to them. I have been around since 2018 and have certainly seen your gal Tasha multiple times. (Thank you btw) She's a good looking gal for sure. In all honesty though, when I see her in photos I do see RD right away. I can't honestly say I have ever seen an RD that didn't look like an RD. That's why I had to ask. I think you understand what I am saying. We can unfairly throw out Mr Fix It and his girls, there are times when my eyeballs do a snap back because his gals jump out of the photo as a really hot organic gal. Of course it's unfair because I think that guy could photograph fresh roadkill and make it look like a supermodel, than man has some skills! I have never doubted the price tag or the quality of an RD, I believe there's a reason for the price point. And the RD bodies look amazing to me! My hesitation is centered solely on the faces and what seems to be (in photos) a lack of realism. I could toss out another brand that has an Asian model named Sharon that (in promo photos) looks scary real. But mentioning a different brand here would be inappropriate AND I have never seen a photo of that model irl to validate that she looks anything like the promo. My first doll looked like a completely different gal than her promo pics but fortunately for me she was actually cuter than the promos irl. I guess that could be the same for RD? I guess I won't know until I see an RD irl myself.

Hey Cc-

My response was to all, ofc you were included. As I started my reply, there is nothing I was going to be able to say or show you guys to change the mind (sets) of those who have not seen and touched a RD IRL.
In all honesty though, when I see her in photos I do see RD right away. I can't honestly say I have ever seen an RD that didn't look like an RD. That's why I had to ask. I think you understand what I am saying.
That's certainly the way you see her (and others), not everyone sees her the same way. When you look at her, you KNOW she's a doll, a Real Doll, ahead of time, since 2018. As in "Oh that's Tasha, She's a real doll, yup she looks like a real doll." Don't worry, that isn't taken as an insult, in fact, more as a compliment. :D The fact you recognize her is cool as fuck. :D

Most people outside of TDF, mainly her connections on social media, see Tasha as exemplary of the uncanny valley. Most recently, in early December 2021 a professional film crew and nationally renown journalist met Tasha, and were taken back by her realism. The host commented on how realistic Tasha felt. 'I know she's a doll but wow she feels so close to person, it is incredible." It was a great experience spending 2 days with them - as ambassadors to the world.

Many amateur and professional photographers (outside of TDF) mistake her for being human at first. But - that doesn't mean you have to, nor does it mean anything is wrong if you don't. Again, they are seeing her only outside the doll world, as it were, with no preconceived notions.
We can unfairly throw out Mr Fix It and his girls, there are times when my eyeballs do a snap back because his gals jump out of the photo as a really hot organic gal.

Perhaps that is because all of MFI's images have a glamour shot feel to them due to the lighting, filters and focal point. That is what he does, it is his signature look, he does it well and no one else photographs dolls that way. Frankly though I don't see them as human/organic. - but as very pretty dolls photographed well, in his style. When I see one of his pics I think - "That's a Mr Fix it pic." I don't see anything unfair about mentioning him, especially since his dolls, would look much different IRL than in his pics- MFI lives over 3000 miles from me so it isn't likely I see HIS dolls in person, but I have seen dolls like his, in person.

To me TPE dolls, generally speaking, look better in photos than they do in IRL, speaking from my experience. That doesn't mean they aren't pretty IRL, there is just a bigger difference in their appearance between seeing one face to face and looking at pics. Real Dolls seem to be more consistent in appearance IRL & in photos- again from my experience of the 100+ different dolls I have seen face to face.

Again - there is nothing I can can say or show you guys here that will give you that experience until you see & experience a RD in person and perhaps even more so, see them next to other bands of dolls, silicone and TPE. None of that means you will change your mind/perspective, you'll just be able to have a perspective form experience.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

TJ_Foxx wrote:
ccrider32759 wrote:[

Hey Cc-

My response was to all, ofc you were included. As I started my reply, there is nothing I was going to be able to say or show you guys to change the mind (sets) of those who have not seen and touched a RD IRL.

That's certainly the way you see her (and others), not everyone sees her the same way. When you look at her, you KNOW she's a doll, a Real Doll, ahead of time, since 2018. As in "Oh that's Tasha, She's a real doll, yup she looks like a real doll." Don't worry, that isn't taken as an insult, in fact, more as a compliment. :D The fact you recognize her is cool as fuck. :D

Again - there is nothing I can can say or show you guys here that will give you that experience until you see & experience a RD in person and perhaps even more so, see them next to other bands of dolls, silicone and TPE. None of that means you will change your mind/perspective, you'll just be able to have a perspective form experience.
Absolutely a compliment! I think Tasha is the most attractive RD I have ever seen, I prefer her dark hair and sultry looks to any of the others. For my personal tastes, I like the Asian ladies, I have been eyeing Sai. From the "Sai 1.0" on the website she is more to my particular flavor but with a few option changes from the promo photos. It's just a bit scary to pull the trigger on something that expensive when you have doubts that can only be cleared up by seeing it first hand. That's kind of a "leap of faith" in my mind.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

Danish Viking

Post by Danish Viking »

Thanks for all the very usefull information in this thread, I have owned two TPE dolls and have not been impressed once the initial excitement was over. I really hope to order a RD this year, this info just got me more determined :)

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Danish Viking wrote:Thanks for all the very usefull information in this thread, I have owned two TPE dolls and have not been impressed once the initial excitement was over. I really hope to order a RD this year, this info just got me more determined :)
That is why we are here DV!!! you are VERY welcome.

ccrider32759 wrote: Absolutely a compliment! I think Tasha is the most attractive RD I have ever seen, I prefer her dark hair and sultry looks to any of the others. For my personal tastes, I like the Asian ladies, I have been eyeing Sai. From the "Sai 1.0" on the website she is more to my particular flavor but with a few option changes from the promo photos. It's just a bit scary to pull the trigger on something that expensive when you have doubts that can only be cleared up by seeing it first hand. That's kind of a "leap of faith" in my mind.

Thank you CC you made Tasha VERY happy. Indeed it is an intense process. That is why Doll Meets were so great because you got to see so many dollies all in one place! I had been to 5 large scale meets. I feel very fortunate to have had that experience.

:glou:

From Tasha

TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Shadowplay2

Post by Shadowplay2 »

Danish Viking wrote:Thanks for all the very usefull information in this thread, I have owned two TPE dolls and have not been impressed once the initial excitement was over. I really hope to order a RD this year, this info just got me more determined :)
I think you will not be disappointed, Danish Viking, if you order a RD this year. I own both a RD and a TPE doll and there's no question that when I look into my RD's eyes, there's a special thrill in how human (and drop-dead gorgeous) she looks. With my TPE doll, by contrast, she becomes her most real and sexy in the two dimensional world of photos, with lots of thought going into each pose, outfit, arrangement of lighting, etc.

Put more bluntly, when I look at my RD I want to tear her clothes off. When I look at my TPE doll I get 1,000 ideas for erotic photos I want to make. You should conclude from this that I'm a happy guy! :glou:
Donna's best pix: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=11480 (Realdoll "Olivia 2.0")
Jaime, the one who got away: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=11430 (WM 160A)

INFORMATIONS