sexyrealsexdolls.com

EFFECTIVE mass digi photo photo storage ???

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

EFFECTIVE mass digi photo photo storage ???

Post by MANABU »

Hi, it's been so long since I was on the up and up concerning computing power and ram etc. In fact I haven't had a legit computer for 4 years. I'm on a kick ass android tab.

My question is, if I have 10,000 photos does it matter if I store them all in one folder. Should I break them up into sub folders?

My goal is to have one massive folder and run a perpetual random slideshow projected on my wall. Does the fact that the app has to chug through so many files bog down my performance? Is this a non issue now because computers are so advanced.

The total size of the folder is about 6gb. The average file size is between 500kb and 1.2mb.

Also is there a difference with respect to android and windows computing potential in this topic? Is there a better choice regarding a hard drive and micro SD card. Let alone ssd drives which of course are the best option.

Am I over thinking this?

Thanks for reading

INFORMATIONS