www.beautiful-dolls.com

Need help replacing the breasts of an anime deluxe 160cm

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Beautiful Dolls
Shadow X

Need help replacing the breasts of an anime deluxe 160cm

Post by Shadow X »

I've bought my anime deluxe around 4 and a half years ago and has been with me ever since. But recently one of her breasts broke down somehow and is in need of replacement.

My first concern is being able to find replacement breasts that fit and are just (Or very close) like the ones the anime deluxe originally used, so I need to find out where I can get them for a good price. My second concern is being able to keep the replacement breasts attached so they can't move anywhere. I couldn't figure out how they were attached before. And now they got loose anyway, so there's no way of checking now.

Having not enough knowledge about how to fix this and not wanting to risk doing something I'll regret later, I need some advice with this. I did try to email Beautifuldolls about this a few weeks ago, but no response so far. So I'm hoping to find some help here.

Has anyone here had experience with replacing the breasts on an anime deluxe and can give me advice on how to properly replace mine? I'm hoping that she can still be around for a longer time, so I appreciate any help that I can get.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Need help replacing the breasts of an anime deluxe 160cm

Post by Zang »

Hi Shadow X, I've done this with my 160cm Anime Deluxe (Saffron).

First, take a look on thebreastformstore.com, and search for foam styles. I picked a triangular form pair in size 7, which seems to be the right size. You can choose oval forms too, but I think the triangles offer more "feel" and coverage on the sides. The total price should be around $50 USD shipped. You can get real silicone ones as well, but they're a great deal more expensive.
Saf_newBforms12.jpg
Saf_newBforms12.jpg (168.86 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
The best way to get in and swap the forms is from the neck down, underneath the outer skin layer. Unfortunately, the forms are under the second (white) layer of skin and there's sewing around them too. I guess, when they make these dolls, they fit the breast forms first and then sew the white skin layer on around them. Seeing no other good way to get at them, I chose to cut into the white layer near the stitching, with small scissors. This does leave a "flap" visible under her skin which is visible if you're looking for it.

Since Saffron already has nipples on her outer skin layer, there's no need to keep the nipples on the foam forms, so I carefully snip & shave them off the new forms before the swap.
(Don't want a bizarre double-nipple effect showing! :lol: )
Saf_newBforms13.jpg
Saf_newBforms13.jpg (332.93 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
I've actually done this twice so far, and the oval style was my first attempt. As you can see, be careful with the foam, as a chunk can rip off surprisingly easy. (That was the main reason for my second replacement, with the triangles this time.)

So now it's just a matter of wiggling out the old forms and wiggling in the new. While doing so, try to align the form's nipple-spot under her real nipple. If you determine that some extra stuffing is needed behind the breast forms to "fill 'em out", it's okay to push some in behind each form as you wiggle it in.

And here's Saffron after the operation:
Saf_newBforms14.jpg
Saf_newBforms14.jpg (219.01 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
Not half bad! :D Fabric dolls don't lend themselves well to truly natural-looking breasts, but the feel is improved and they won't move around much.
Even if they do, it's fairly easy to get back under the skin and adjust them if ever necessary.

John100

Post by John100 »

Here you are hope this helps you can buy super soft breast from China on Ebay that are of soft silicone and strap on
Attachments
20191113_121736.jpg
20191113_121736.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 2307 times

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

I've tried a strap-on before on my 150cm, but it never stayed in place at all and didn't work out
Zang wrote:Hi Shadow X, I've done this with my 160cm Anime Deluxe (Saffron).

First, take a look on thebreastformstore.com, and search for foam styles. I picked a triangular form pair in size 7, which seems to be the right size. You can choose oval forms too, but I think the triangles offer more "feel" and coverage on the sides. The total price should be around $50 USD shipped. You can get real silicone ones as well, but they're a great deal more expensive.
Saf_newBforms12.jpg
The best way to get in and swap the forms is from the neck down, underneath the outer skin layer. Unfortunately, the forms are under the second (white) layer of skin and there's sewing around them too. I guess, when they make these dolls, they fit the breast forms first and then sew the white skin layer on around them. Seeing no other good way to get at them, I chose to cut into the white layer near the stitching, with small scissors. This does leave a "flap" visible under her skin which is visible if you're looking for it.

Since Saffron already has nipples on her outer skin layer, there's no need to keep the nipples on the foam forms, so I carefully snip & shave them off the new forms before the swap.
(Don't want a bizarre double-nipple effect showing! :lol: )
Saf_newBforms13.jpg
I've actually done this twice so far, and the oval style was my first attempt. As you can see, be careful with the foam, as a chunk can rip off surprisingly easy. (That was the main reason for my second replacement, with the triangles this time.)

So now it's just a matter of wiggling out the old forms and wiggling in the new. While doing so, try to align the form's nipple-spot under her real nipple. If you determine that some extra stuffing is needed behind the breast forms to "fill 'em out", it's okay to push some in behind each form as you wiggle it in.

And here's Saffron after the operation:
Saf_newBforms14.jpg
Not half bad! :D Fabric dolls don't lend themselves well to truly natural-looking breasts, but the feel is improved and they won't move around much.
Even if they do, it's fairly easy to get back under the skin and adjust them if ever necessary.
I might give that a shot. I'm currently debating on the shape I want to use. I want to keep it as close to the breast forms she had before as possible, and I think the shape of those are somewhere inbetween the two foam choices. The feel from the anime deluxe's breast forms were already great, so I hope these foam ones are going to be at least the same and hopefully they're just as durable

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

I've placed the order and now it's just a matter of waiting. I did have to check if there was a european site, though, because I didn't want to needlessly pay extra import taxes. I went for a size 7 as well, so I hope it's going to fit. In the meantime, I need to figure out a way to clean some of the dirty spots that appeared because of the broken breast forms

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Instead of scissors for the delicate seam cutting, use a Seam Ripper like this. They are super cheap, come in a couple sizes, get both. The portion below the red safety bulb is razor sharp, you just carefully run the pointy end into the seam and it slices it cleanly.
Good luck with the repair, mine has the silicone breasts and sometimes I wonder if they'll come loose, and what's holding them.

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hello,dabs of hot glue hold the gel breasts in place glued to the white underskin.

:thumbs_up:

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

It didn't look like I needed anything to take them off. They already got loose enough as it is. I got the foam ones now, but size 7 might be a bit too big. I'm gonna order a size 6 and see if I can refund the size 7 later

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

matt gloss wrote:Hello,dabs of hot glue hold the gel breasts in place glued to the white underskin.

Thank you MG. Do you know about the belly button? I really liked the "innie" belly button on her, but awhile back whatever stitching holds it in came loose, and now it's just smooth. I can still feel the belly button indent below the surface, presumably sewed into the white underskin to something below.

I tried to make a stitch all the way through from inside the cavity with a curved upholstery needle, but I couldn't even get through the cavity wall, and I didn't want to damage.

Should this be an easy repair, if I unzip the outer skin and peel it back? I haven't had to repair her at all yet so I've been resisting opening her up.

Shadow, how goes your breast replacement?

Shadow X

Post by Shadow X »

Space Cowboy wrote:
matt gloss wrote:Hello,dabs of hot glue hold the gel breasts in place glued to the white underskin.

Thank you MG. Do you know about the belly button? I really liked the "innie" belly button on her, but awhile back whatever stitching holds it in came loose, and now it's just smooth. I can still feel the belly button indent below the surface, presumably sewed into the white underskin to something below.

I tried to make a stitch all the way through from inside the cavity with a curved upholstery needle, but I couldn't even get through the cavity wall, and I didn't want to damage.

Should this be an easy repair, if I unzip the outer skin and peel it back? I haven't had to repair her at all yet so I've been resisting opening her up.

Shadow, how goes your breast replacement?
I noticed I haven't really replied yet and it has been at least a year. But seeing as I'm still working on it, I might as well give an update:

I did find some other breast forms before that are like the ones that she originally had before and I used those for a good while. I just didn't try the hot glue yet, though, and hoped that the adhesive part would just hold them together. Which it didn't quite do. So I tried stitching them up, as I thought that's how they put them in there originally. That wasn't quite a good move and almost broke them in the process. So I just settled with how it was previously for a while. I just had to move them back in place if she's been on her side for a while.

But I noticed they are starting to break down soon, so I got some replacements that will fit her perfectly. I might consider getting some hot glue for those and see if I can get them to firmly stay in place that way. I just hope that I can still remove them in the future for when they need replacement again.

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Since my last post, one of my girl's breasts came loose. It slowly slid down inside the fabric to rest on the side under her arm.

The gel breast itself was fine, and just as matt gloss said, they had been secured to the body core with hot glue.

Once I had the outer fabric layer off, I gently lifted the edge of the breast that remained in place, and it immediately peeled loose. Probably just maintained until then with remaining glue and tension of the fabric.

I re-secured them using epoxy instead of hot glue. I used a 6 minute epoxy which was not enough time, I barely got it done right, though I did one side at a time. 15 minute epoxy would be best. That's been awhile now and they're still holding good.

INFORMATIONS