ufdolls.com

Broken head screw skeleton

Ultimate Fantasy Dolls are the latest and greatest creation from US-based wholesaler Pipedream Products, the world’s leading manufacturer of adult pleasure products with over 2500 unique items to choose from. With exclusive factories in the US and China and a vast global distribution network, Pipedream’s Ultimate Fantasy Dolls are the first affordable high-end TPE dolls available to the mass market! Website: ufdolls.com
Zullian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Broken head screw skeleton

Post by Zullian »

Ready for storage
Ready for storage
20210731_105147.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 1708 times
Hello,

I own Pipedream UFDoll Kitty for almost a year now, I bought PAX closet from IKEA for storage, but as I was using her daily and she's not so easy to handle (to avoid making TPE damage), I decided to have her in bed with me.

I like to fall asleep on her for few hours, and as I was going on a vaccation now, I washed her, oiled and powdered her, and tried to store in closet, but probably from my weight on her, her skeleton isn't stiff anymore, and it's hard to make her stand.

While trying to make her stand on her own in closet, she kinda collapsed into herself (fell on spot), and her head fell off while her body leaned backward and pressed her head against closet.
I tried to screw her head back on, but slight movements broke the other 2 parts (1 and 2 on picture), and now it's missing those pieces, but they were loose anyway.

What can I do to fill up the holes, to get enough sturdiness to lock the screw in place and provide enough trust to hold her head?

My 1st though was clay and water, but I don't know if that has enough sturdiness and what material is that head skeleton made of and if this will have some negative reaction to TPE and skeleton.

Any help is appreciated!
Attachments
1 and 2 are parts that fell out aswell
1 and 2 are parts that fell out aswell
20210731_110618 - Copy.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1708 times
Head screw
Head screw
20210731_110618.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1708 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Broken head screw skeleton

Post by Mr Franz »

How about some fiberglass reinforced Bondo?

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

JB Weld?

Zullian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Zullian »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:JB Weld?
Is that something like this:

https://kupivozi.hr/wp-content/uploads/ ... 48x532.jpg

https://kupivozi.hr/wp-content/uploads/ ... 48x532.jpg

One is metal and other is plastic, I know it as liquid metal.
2 components mixed together and after sometime it turns into strong metal, but will it stick to this skull material and is it safe for both skull and tpe?

One other thing I forgot to mention is in the beginning I used lubricant on neck to remove friction while screwing on head, and ofc after some time when I removed the head I noticed mold, I used some mold removal, which might have weakened the area of head skull around the neck, that didn't remove black dots, so I cut them out (luckily place isn't visible, as u can see holes from pictures), now I use powder to prevent getting mold again.

Zullian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Zullian »

Mr Franz wrote:How about some fiberglass reinforced Bondo?
Haven't heard of it, trying to Google it and find to buy, I mean whatever is safe with skull and tpe, and strong enough will do I guess, any experience?

joebee

Post by joebee »

Two part liquid epoxy, like sold in hardware aisle, or in craft aisle of the store. Coat the inside of the nut lightly with vaseline so it doesnt stick inside the threads. Permatex and loctite makes a good epoxy, or JB Weld. There are some are clear and they work well also. Fiberglass would work, but it would be very messy.

Link to something I would use:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044F9KFI/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Abandon the parts 1 and 2, and fill that area with epoxy. You may need to packages if they are small tubes. I wouldn't apply the epoxy to the TPE, only to the skull and to hold the nut. If the tpe needs to be glued back for whatever reason, try it on your test piece the doll shipped with.
Official PipeDream®️ Ultimate Fantasy Doll™️ Ambassador

MarcusMM

Post by MarcusMM »

That looks fine: https://kupivozi.hr/wp-content/uploads/ ... 48x532.jpg
It's very unlikely that the epoxy damages the center material, but for sure it'll damage the TPE. Clean the surface of the center material and test if it gives a strong bond, or if it reacts with the material for whatever reason, or if there's release agent that you should remove.
From the pictures it looks like you'll have to remove the broken parts 1+2 and the nut, and if there's a hole going into the head: fill it, cover it with a small layer of epoxy to close it.
Scratch the screw sides and inner plastic for stronger bond, and clean it at least with some acetone (or water+soap) to remove any fat before adding the epoxy. Cover the nut thread on the top with a tesafilm (or a similar product or hot glue), but not the bottom. Then add a first thin layer of epoxy, and put back in the nut. Once cured test the nut/head alignment, and if it wasn't right break out the nut again. Then add epoxy in thin layers. Because, if you add all epoxy at once and if there's a small hole (either towards the inner head or into the nut thread) you'll have a mess.
That's how I'd do it. Clay won't work.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Zullian wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:How about some fiberglass reinforced Bondo?
Haven't heard of it, trying to Google it and find to buy, I mean whatever is safe with skull and tpe, and strong enough will do I guess, any experience?
It's meant for body and fender repair, but I've used this for a variety of applications. Should be fine as the inner head core is also fiberglass. Most auto parts stores sell this as well as Walmart, Amazon and others. Easy to use, strong as hell.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40067470/

Zullian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Zullian »

Thanks all for ideas, I'll be home in about 10 days and will give it a go.
:)

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

8) i had the same issue... so i used a hot glue gun to fill in the gaps it worked ok ,, :arrow: the fiber glass they mentioned on here may be a better option. :drinking:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Hot glue has nowhere near the same strength as an epoxy :)

Zullian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Zullian »

So 1st try and after testing head a bit, it came off, with bolt and the glue around it, it even took new layer of head skull with itself, and on one part skull looks thin (semi-transparent).

Did I put the glue wrong, should I be applaying it in layers, or I can fill whole hole and it shoud be fine?
Maybe I didn't mix the epoxy good enough?

I throw away original package of glue, but it said it's for a lot of things, including metal, ceramic, glass, plastics...
Attachments
Epoxy
Epoxy
Epoxy.jpeg (143.07 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Skull
Skull
Skull.jpeg (103.04 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Bolt
Bolt
Bolt.jpeg (193.43 KiB) Viewed 1524 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

An extra strong two-part epoxy adhesive SUPERGLUE Cyanoacrylate adhesive

Good news, a good mix and it did not let go of the nut
Bad news the head shell gave away

Can only suggest a much greater area of cover, as much of the space around where the nut goes and as deep into the broken stuff as possible

INFORMATIONS