Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll Sizing Guide (Clothes)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

JResko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Real Doll Sizing Guide (Clothes)

Post by JResko »

Does anyone have any experience with getting their ladies into dresses with the torn look?

Something like this: https://www.ilovelola.com/jagged-sides-minidress-white. It's a "one size" so it should fit snuggly around all the nice curves, but all the torn holes I'm thinking may make this difficult to slip on.

-JResko

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Lots of variables, J. What model Real Doll? A petite 3/4/5. Body A,B,C,D, E, F, G? Something like this will fit differently on each of those dolls.

The more gaps like that, the more challenging it will be to get it on her. These garments tend to twist when slipping them on as well. Make sure she is on her stand and be patient! Chances are it will look good on her once you have it all adjusted.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

JResko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JResko »

TJ_Foxx wrote:Lots of variables, J. What model Real Doll? A petite 3/4/5. Body A,B,C,D, E, F, G? Something like this will fit differently on each of those dolls.

The more gaps like that, the more challenging it will be to get it on her. These garments tend to twist when slipping them on as well. Make sure she is on her stand and be patient! Chances are it will look good on her once you have it all adjusted.
Thanks for the response TJ! I’ll be getting a Body A enhanced so her measurements will be 33D-24-35. It looks like it would be work, but the end result would be well worth it.

If anyone has any specific experience with a Body A and good options for clothes, please let me know. I’m already getting one piece from Dollfit that’s amazing but am always looking for other options to show off how beautiful these dolls are.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

JResko wrote:
Thanks for the response TJ! I’ll be getting a Body A enhanced so her measurements will be 33D-24-35. It looks like it would be work, but the end result would be well worth it.

If anyone has any specific experience with a Body A and good options for clothes, please let me know. I’m already getting one piece from Dollfit that’s amazing but am always looking for other options to show off how beautiful these dolls are.

Congrats! This is great news. First don't worry about specific experience with a Body A, especially since your lady's measurements are enhanced. You will need to measure her with a tape measure after she arrives. The specs provided are usually close, but your doll will likely be slightly different. that isn't BAD! For example my Tasha is a Petite 3. The specs read 32-22-32. BUT Tasha is a 33 bust; 30 band measurement (under boob); 22 waist and 33 hips. Her bra size is a 32C or 30D but good luck finding a 30D, right?

You can't go wrong with a Dollfit outfit from Polly. My Tasha was the first Dollfit brand ambassador (still is) and got the first Doll-fitted outfit! Tasha has at least dozen doll fitted items. Her go-to denim shorts and skirt are doll fitted.

Experience will be your guide. Once you understand your doll's personality you will be able to find clothes for her that look good on her. Given your lady's maybe specs, start with a size small and go up and/or down from there. Sizes and fit will vary by brand/manufacturer - this is what it is, and what women deal with when they go clothes shopping!

Try to go with dresses & tops that have buttons and zippers full length to ease in dressing. Dress her on her stand! Body suits/leotards are great. They can be slipped up from the feet! Some have a snap crotch others do not. Leggings and tights will be nice and form fitting but I suggest putting panty hose or at least stocking on your lady before attempting to help her into these or any slacks, jeans etc.

Be sure to protect her hands with knee- highs when putting any long sleeve items on.

Definitely be careful of darker colors- inexpensive items tend not to have the dye set and can stain. Though the stain will bleed out of your doll, you probably want to avoid dark colors on very inexpensive items, unless your doll is wearing a body stocking. Lighter color inexpensive items are usually ok.

The first Dollfitted set - Dark fae cosplay

Hoodie!

Body Suit and denim skirt

One of Tasha's go-to denim shorts

Smoking hot top, shorts and thong

Once you find her brands and sizes that work for her, you can get excellent deals on Poshmark and DePop for a fraction of the original price. If you aren't self conscious about shopping for women's clothes ( I am not) thrift shops and outlets are worth the effort.

My Gallery here on TDF well Tasha's gallery - LOL You can see her various styles here.
https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=14548
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

JResko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JResko »

Wow, she is very beautiful! Thanks for some great ideas for outfits too. I haven’t gone to Tasha’s page yet, but I will after I respond here.

The advice on the basics is definitely helpful. It’s always better to learn from others and hopefully avoid any problems. My wife is well-aware of the trials of clothes shopping but we’re both excited to go browsing for items. Any “must-haves” that don’t quite fit will be going to Polly or at least photos so she can work her magic.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

That's Terrific JR! My wife was super helpful in the beginning to get me started with hair accessories, make up and he even gave Tasha a hair cut! The trouble is my wife buys quality cosmetics. Therefore Tasha got spoiled from the get-go with Bare Minerals, Clinique etc. Now she's all about Urban Decay and Charlotte Tilbury. She also gave Tasha a couple nice robes and night shirts that were hers. They were VS, Liz Claiborne etc. I wonder how she got spoiled so quickly LOL.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

JResko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JResko »

We haven’t even ordered our doll and we’re already starting to spoil her. I foresee more spoiling (and fun!) in our future! Good news is that we should be able to order in the next week or two. We are going to visit a doll with a Quinn head and make our decision. I just need to find out how much Dodgeman charges for a stance modifier and if he’s making any soon.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Spoiling is great fun! :mrgreen:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS