kimberdoll.com

Why the emphasis on water based lube for internal use?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Cyborg63
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Why the emphasis on water based lube for internal use?

Post by Cyborg63 »

I understand that there are stories that silicone based lubes may have a detrimental effect on some dolls and sex toys. I know that Kimber Co seems to be quite solid on their recommendation to use only water based lubes. Clearly water based lube is much easier to clean out with the wimpy little water squirt bottle supplied with the doll.

I wonder if that is the primary reason for the water based only recommendation.

I have purchased a 50 gal per hr (Less than a gallon a minute) aquarium water pump and connected it to a douche nozzle on 6 ft of silicone hose.
After a gentle internal scrub with a piece of medical soap covered sponge on long hemostats she is ready. I insert my douche tip and give her a 5 minute flush with warm water that is soapy, then warm water only for 15 minutes. Followed by a 30 min dry with aquarium pump set up.

I do not like water based lubes. They seem to dry out quickly. If I were to use an oil based lube it would work well AND with my cleaning equipment I feel it would be throughly cleaned out.

Since the TPE material of these dolls is kept soft by treating with Mineral oil and on joints etc with vaseline I cant help but wonder why it would be a bad idea to use these lubes in her holes and keep her holes treated with these same oils.

Thoughts??

Railgun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Why the emphasis on water based lube for internal use?

Post by Railgun »

KimberDoll may not be using TPE. I think at one point they were using some sort of proprietary Latex/silicone blend. If the formula has changed since then, I'd ask someone at KimberDoll to let you know if its still a bad idea or not.

Kimberdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Kimberdoll »

Hi All,

Couple of things to clear up here.

1. Water-based lubricant is recommended as it's safest with TPE.
2. Yes, our Kimber Doll is made from TPE.
3. Kimber Doll does not recommend inserting anything inside your Kimber's entrances other than yourself. Kimber's internals are delicate, so things like pumps and aerators are a no-no.

Please always feel free to get in touch with our team directly for any further questions.

Cheers,
Fletcher

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Team Kimber have a rock solid reputation on this forum, if they say water based lube for their Elastomer doll, then water based lube it is
If your problem is drying, some water based lubes are better than others
I use LifeStyles Silky Smooth now, it seems to suit my needs but there are other brands that last longer
There is always the option of keeping a spray bottle nearby to wet things up a bit :)

The issue with Silicone oil based lubes is the historical problem of damage occurring with TPE coming in contact with Silicone, probably not so much an issue with modern blends but a bit of an unknown
Mineral oil based lubes likewise have the property of softening TPE, accompanied with vigorous rubbing in the cavities is not something I would try, but that's just me :)

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

OK...Here's the scoop, TPE and Silicone supposedly do not mix together in any fashion, that is why they say placing a TPE Doll and a Silicone Doll together is a No. No. so naturally using a Silicone based lube in a TPE Doll is ( No Bueno ), The story is that a Silicone Lube will degrade the TPE material it is in contact with... And now You Know why they say use a water based lube for a TPE Doll :thumbs_up:

Cyborg63
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cyborg63 »

OK guys....

YES I understand that Silicone lubes are a bad idea... BUT we are told to treat the TPE with Mineral oil . Why is it such a bad idea to give my doll a 30 min Mineral oil "internal treatment" 2 or 3 times a week then clean it out?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Arthur1960 found it was very easy to overload fingers with oil to the point where they were about to suffer significant damage, so no more finger oiling just a small smear of Vaseline as needed
There is not much distance between the anal and vaginal cavities, so the same applies
Plus the use of water based lubes is generally regarded as the standard

Cyborg63
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cyborg63 »

I find that water based lubes dry out very quickly and then there is increased friction which is of course a dangerous situation in itself.
I guess I need to find a better water based lube that doesnt dry out so quickly.

Suggestions?

Telash

Post by Telash »

Buy flip hole real. (The lube meant for flip holes) Mix it with some extra water, and of you go.

I do not own a doll, but it works great in other tpe toys.

setrack

Post by setrack »

try Aqueous cream for lube

water basesd and recomended by the nursing team

for sensitive skin , fragrance free and easly obtainable

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

Just apply more if it dries out,or saliva :wink:

There's really no need to rinse out continuously for 15-20 mins
A couple of douches will be sufficient
Generally I rinse with warm water from douche
Then squirt some hydrogen peroxide up there
Then turn on the aquarium pump

Definitely do not mineral oil her internals 2-3 times a week

Vaseline feels best as lube IMO but again only occasionally

INFORMATIONS