teddy-babes.com

New and Improved Teddy Babes for 2020

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Mr_Cthulu

Re: New and Improved Teddy Babes for 2020

Post by Mr_Cthulu »

I’m a little on the fence on whether to order mines or wait for reviews to come THEN order one. It’s gnawing at me tell ya X(

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Mr_Cthulu wrote:I’m a little on the fence on whether to order mines or wait for reviews to come THEN order one. It’s gnawing at me tell ya X(
Same here. Like buying a new car the initial year of production. Buy now and take advantage of the pre-order discount or wait and see if there's still bugs to be worked out?... :whistle:

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

TBs are not overly expensive. It's a $100 discount, if I am not mistaken. They are great dolls and the new movable legs makes them better. That is my biggest gripe with my V.V. doll and past Teddy Babes.

I believe the bugs have been worked out by this point.

BS
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

Jefffromgermany
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jefffromgermany »

@teddybabes Are the new babes, already shipped out? I have not received any further information. No tracking or the same. I'm eagerly waiting for Amber to move into our house. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi folks,

I decided to wait until some lucky first-mover posts the first review.

All the best,
Grasowka (and his plushy bunch)
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Several people received FEDEX tracking numbers on Friday.
The flood gate is open.
The Babes are streaming out.
Thank you Dave and his Associates.
Missionary

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

Lisa is on her way, tracking says Thursday!

Will post pics and a review at some point. Carly will be jealous...

Forgotten_One
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Forgotten_One »

Got my Sheba just last night... I'm new to Teddy babes but have several TPE dolls... Gotta say... confused... Sheba who was to be dressed up as Raven from DC Comics turned out... complicated...

PROS:
-Range of motion - can pose well..Any position
-Orally capable which is nice.. and seems to support even 8 inches
-Kissable lips
-Not cold to touch like TPE dolls
-Very pretty facially, regardless of the odd head shape once the hair is down
-Smells nice - right out of the box can go straight to your bed
-Surprisingly light - even tpe minis aren't that light, effortless to move and pose.

CONS:
-No anal insert was given only a vaginal one so I suppose that's going to cost extra..
-Hands are sharp fingered hard claws.. scratched me allot and middle finger on left hand arrived broken it seems..
-Can't support her own weight for doggy or kneeling
-Vagina is shifted far forward.. so no doggy ability except anal... And I have no sleeve, seems focused on missionary...by design..
-No standing ability - none, not even assisted.. jelly legs ..
-No ears - Wasn't really aware the doll had none, not a big deal but took some getting used to..
-HUGE - I'm used to 4-5 feet tall dolls.. this one covers my whole full sized bed at nearly 6 ft.. quite bigger than desired personally.

-Worst of all - ROCK HARD TORSO - Not only do the plastic rings for rotation make the shoulders hard and hips huuuge and wide and, there is no ass... Kind of like a hard Barbie doll buttt with an insert hole... But worst yet I can't even hug the doll because the body is so hard.. it's like hugging a plastic bin with a satin robe on... The surface feels nice but there's no give at all.. no plush.. no softness... Literally the main feature of a teddy babe from all the reviews I've read...sexually I'm sure the doll can perform in any pose even oral but I mainly wanted a bed buddy to cuddle and I can't do that at all... It made me depressed... she's like a turtle in a nighty.. just as hard , wide and just as unable to stand up.. will gladly put up for sale with a heavily reduced price if anyone wants her.. I feel defeated... I feel like I should of went for textile doll instead.. still won't be able to stand or give oral but they have nice seamless curves and pretty butts and should be huggable and cuddlable at least ...
Attachments
Only things that came with her..
Only things that came with her..
20200827_092225.jpg (2.83 MiB) Viewed 1348 times
Definitely Can pose.. thats no lie
Definitely Can pose.. thats no lie
20200827_092323.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 1348 times
Vagina so far forward that doggy isn't likely, only missionary makes sense, and anal...
Vagina so far forward that doggy isn't likely, only missionary makes sense, and anal...
20200827_092132.jpg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 1349 times
Odd Head Shape
Odd Head Shape
20200827_092033.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 1349 times
No Butt, No Anal insert...I wanted the original doll advertised, I didn't get an option to choose this...
No Butt, No Anal insert...I wanted the original doll advertised, I didn't get an option to choose this...
20200827_092310.jpg (2.82 MiB) Viewed 1349 times
Broken Finger On Arrival
Broken Finger On Arrival
20200827_091914.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 1349 times
Her Sitting, Looks pretty nice
Her Sitting, Looks pretty nice
20200827_091843.jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 1349 times

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

Lisa has arrived. Will post pics and review soon...

Some of the reviews so far definitely describe some pros and cons of the new design. I’m glad I have both to compare and contrast.

It reminds me of one of my favorite Ursula Le Guin quotes, “when you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.”

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

Forgotten One, it's unfortunate your doll has been a disappointment. They do soften up after a while. You might also consider opening up the central stitch in her back and removing some of her stuffing. You can then resew her using the ladder hand stitch (plenty of You Tube examples). Velour hides ladder stitches pretty well. I've found that replacing the breast stuffing with plastic weighted filler beads provides a nice soft feel, though many here prefer firmer breasts.
See my girls Image

Forgotten_One
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Forgotten_One »

Thank you for the advice, I'll look into it a bit, I was actually looking into modding her myself, thinking of polyurethane foam filling or something , curious about these beads now.

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

I used Fairfield PP2B Poly-Pellets Weighted Stuffing Beads

They are $13 a bag at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077 ... UTF8&psc=1

David
See my girls Image

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Forgotten_One wrote:Thank you for the advice, I'll look into it a bit, I was actually looking into modding her myself, thinking of polyurethane foam filling or something , curious about these beads now.
I suggest just removing some of the poly-fill to get the torso softer. Probably a few handfuls removed will work. Nothing can be done about the hard disks at hip area.

Contact them about broken finger, that is on the company. Give you a credit of some dollar amout or exchanged for another doll.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Ugg, I was thinking cuddle buddy..but.....
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

svevo

Post by svevo »

r363b wrote: I suggest just removing some of the poly-fill to get the torso softer. Probably a few handfuls removed will work. Nothing can be done about the hard disks at hip area.
I agree about the suggestion to try removing some of the poly-fill. I did this eventually (I'd also seen advice that they soften up with time) on my TBD, although only for her breasts, as I was happy about the density everywhere else. It worked very well.

Thank you, Forgotten_one, for posting the review of your Sheba.
I was concerned about the effect the addition of the hip/leg disc joint would have on the cuddleability in that area, given it was one of the few criticisms I had for the design of the older TBD version (in the shoulder area). I did raise the issue, when I saw the use of the same disc design for the leg joint, in an earlier post in this thread. 8thWonder did reply to that and said that they had added some padding over both the shoulders and the leg/hip the joints to mitigate it. But if they have it doesn't sound like it is very effective.

INFORMATIONS