sexyrealsexdolls.com

TPR vs TPE question

Doll stands, props and other doll accessories, inserts, and sex toys.
slvstake

TPR vs TPE question

Post by slvstake »

Is there a difference between sex toys made from TPR vs TPE? are the rules for cleaning, maintenance care, and lubrication the same for both or are there differences?

dropcriffer
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: TPR vs TPE question

Post by dropcriffer »

Bump!

I’m also curious how to tell if some of my toys are TPR, TPE, or Silicone

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

I have several sleeves made of TPR including an old school flat back foam Torso Doll covered in TPR and a few more toys made of TPE, including several TPE Dolls, both materials are pretty much similar, needing powdering, etc. in my opinion TPR has a little more dense and rubbery feeling than TPE, I also think it is an earlier material used for sex toys than TPE, and have found more toys made in the USA of TPR than the TPE toys and Dolls coming out of the Far East, being a more rubbery material, I think TPR is also a more stronger material than most TPE which to me has a more realistic feel. And finally I am no aficionado of silicone Dolls, but the few cheap ones I have had, felt the most artificial of the three materials mentioned here, I understand this is not the case for more higher end Silicone dolls out there...

leni_adopted_2019

Post by leni_adopted_2019 »

hi there,

It seems that the terms are somewhat interchangeable. From what I noticed the doll TPE is usually a polystyrene-based copolymer, also called TPS as per ISO 18064:2014, while TPR seems to be used for all the rest.

As the exact material of a doll is a trade secret of each individual brand, it can be a mixture of various polymers, usually from a known brand, e.g. Styroflex, Kraton, Badaflex, etc. There are gazillions of manufacturers available for various TPE-S types. And also TPE-S is not a SINGLE compound, but there are a couple of variations, with polystyrene as the governing component, and variations in the other part. And these can be mixed when molten. It can form a kind of alloy, but from various "rubbers" instead of metals.

Mark
"Things, that try to look like things, often look more like things than things."
--- Terry Pratchett (Wyrd Sisters) ---

INFORMATIONS