www.wmdolls.com

TPE or Silicone?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

TPE or Silicone?

Post by ColVegas »

Hi,
I still haven't purchased my first doll. I wanting to get other people's opinions on silicone dolls versus TPE dolls. I am looking specifically for a male doll, but I would love to hear from anyone who has a male or female doll. What are the pros and cons? Which is more durable?

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: TPE or Silicone?

Post by Poradicus »

Hi, it is solely based on personal taste of what kind of doll you like. I personally like my silicone male doll mainly because of the less maintenance involved. The downside is it is not soft as my tpe doll. Tpe is very soft but can be tedious to take care of if you use them excessively, and challenging to repair. But as long as you take care of your tpe doll there will be no problems. I have seen people with tpe dolls that last for years, but they also take care of them and use them not as much.

Doll Master
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll Master »

My TPE favorites WM172b, MZR 160c, 6ye 161c
threesome.png
threesome.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
Sino Doll and Sanhui (mid-range silicone)
Short List.png
Short List.png (13.06 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
SH 168cm (Marya).png
SH 168cm (Marya).png (11.35 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
SH 168 (#14).png
SH 168 (#14).png (6.39 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
Sino 161cm.png
Sino 161cm.png (3.91 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
SH 168cm (#14,#15,#16).png
SH 168cm (#14,#15,#16).png (6.06 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
EX Summit 155c, RZR 148c (Premium Silicone)
IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG (272.61 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
RZR.png
RZR.png (3.35 MiB) Viewed 1258 times

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

Poradicus wrote:Hi, it is solely based on personal taste of what kind of doll you like. I personally like my silicone male doll mainly because of the less maintenance involved. The downside is it is not soft as my tpe doll. Tpe is very soft but can be tedious to take care of if you use them excessively, and challenging to repair. But as long as you take care of your tpe doll there will be no problems. I have seen people with tpe dolls that last for years, but they also take care of them and use them not as much.
That's true. You have a silicone doll and a tpe doll? Which feels more realistic in your opinion?

Doc427
Doll
Doll

Post by Doc427 »

Hi, I'm Doc. I am one of Docsgirl82's fabric dolls. Larry427, my brother, is a WM 160cm male, so he is a TPE doll. He is really cool. TPE skin is softer than silicone, yet silicone is more durable and less maintenance. TPE is less expensive than silicone as well. But as others have said, it is a matter of preference for sure. May I suggest, if possible, attending a doll meet or a doll mini meet/find someone who currently has TPE and Silicone dolls so that you can see for yourself and be able to touch them and move them around to see what your preference is? That is how DG decided on Larry, not to mention she was going for a very specific look and only found it with TPE.

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Poradicus »

ColVegas wrote:
Poradicus wrote:Hi, it is solely based on personal taste of what kind of doll you like. I personally like my silicone male doll mainly because of the less maintenance involved. The downside is it is not soft as my tpe doll. Tpe is very soft but can be tedious to take care of if you use them excessively, and challenging to repair. But as long as you take care of your tpe doll there will be no problems. I have seen people with tpe dolls that last for years, but they also take care of them and use them not as much.
That's true. You have a silicone doll and a tpe doll? Which feels more realistic in your opinion?
I think my Leo doll from DSdoll is very soft in areas and realistic. Tpe overall is the softest in close realism feel, but if your wanting to know about which one looks more real, people have different opinions. I personally find the TPE male dolls lack certain definitions to a male sculpt, but their slowly improving that overtime. But, as someone mentioned above going to a doll meet might help you make your decision on what doll you want .

Here are two of my male dolls, the one I never show on here its a real doll and that tpe doll, I show my main doll Bradswa the most cause its my favorite. Although I like both the DS Doll and Real Doll.
Attachments
normal_Aiden_12.jpg
normal_Aiden_12.jpg (101.02 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
Bradswa.jpg
Bradswa.jpg (281.3 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

Thanks everyone for your input! A doll meet would be a good idea

INFORMATIONS