sanhuiofficial.com

Sanhui & Clothing stains?

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Zanarkand

Sanhui & Clothing stains?

Post by Zanarkand »

Hey guys, I am currently waiting for my recently purchased 160 AIO to arrive. (very impatiently at this point, come on UPS! :shakefist: :lol: )

Some clothes that I purchased in advance have arrived yesterday, and I was wondering if Sanhui owners could give me any advice on avoiding stains.
Are they even an issue with Sanhui doll's? I have read many warnings from doll owners about clothing stains, especially with dark or black clothing, but not many (or even any) from Sanhui owners.
I did read that it is more of an issue with TPE, and less with silicone. But silicone can still get stained right? Or nah?

I've also read that some people will soak new clothing in warm/hot water for a while as a test, to see if it stains the water. I have tried this with some pieces and nothing seemed to have a reaction at all. Are there other things that can be done before putting new clothing on your doll? Should you wash them first (maybe multiple times)?

Or... If Sanhui doll's don't get stained at all... That would be amazing news ofcourse :mrgreen:
Sino - Sanhui 160cm AIO - Review!
Kaori - Aotume 143cm-B - Order page / First photo's
Please visit - The Cosplay Corner!
The Doll Club discord: Click!

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Sanhui & Clothing stains?

Post by Dollarhyde »

It does not matter if platinum silicone or TPE... dark clothing will stain the doll... IF you do not run them through the laundry several times and even after that depending upon where the clothing was made it may take more washings.

A good rule of thumb is to always wash prior to putting the clothing on your doll (with the exception of white clothing) Don't keep your doll dressed in the dark clothing for more than 12 hours and even at that you may be pushing it... I will only keep my gals dressed in dark clothing for maybe 8 hours at a time.

However, if you do get a stain depending upon how dark the stain is you can always let it work itself out which will take a long time or you can use Arm & Hammer Proxicare toothpaste and let it sit and it will remove the stain in about 6 hours.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by esquisseallure »

Both dark and light colored clothings can possibly stain. If you want to minimize the risk, wash them and then do a spot test. As in find a inconspicuous area to wrap the clothing lightly and just let it rest there for some time, I'd recommend a few hours. It's best to test out possible staining clothes rather then to find out tomorrow when it is already too late.

Or you can be like me and I simply avoid all dark clothings ^_^
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Dollarhyde wrote:It does not matter if platinum silicone or TPE... dark clothing will stain the doll... IF you do not run them through the laundry several times and even after that depending upon where the clothing was made it may take more washings.

A good rule of thumb is to always wash prior to putting the clothing on your doll (with the exception of white clothing) Don't keep your doll dressed in the dark clothing for more than 12 hours and even at that you may be pushing it... I will only keep my gals dressed in dark clothing for maybe 8 hours at a time.

However, if you do get a stain depending upon how dark the stain is you can always let it work itself out which will take a long time or you can use Arm & Hammer Proxicare toothpaste and let it sit and it will remove the stain in about 6 hours.
Alright, thank you for the advice. As we speak, the clothing is now in the washing machine. I'll probably just run it a couple of times and hope it does not damage the clothing. But... rather damage the clothing than the doll I suppose.

I actually had another test sitting in a small bowl of water, and the water did turn slightly darker. It wasn't much, but there was clearly some dye leakage going on.

All of the clothing are bought from a Chinese store, I don't know if I am allowed to post the website due to advertisement? It's super cheap, but they sell a lot of really neat looking things and you can't even tell it's cheap Chinese product in some cases. Surely the material is not very high quality, and neither is the dye probably...
esquisseallure wrote:Both dark and light colored clothings can possibly stain. If you want to minimize the risk, wash them and then do a spot test. As in find a inconspicuous area to wrap the clothing lightly and just let it rest there for some time, I'd recommend a few hours. It's best to test out possible staining clothes rather then to find out tomorrow when it is already too late.

Or you can be like me and I simply avoid all dark clothings ^_^
Hey thanks, so that would mean vibrant blue, red, etc colours as well then huh? Damn :P
Thing is, I do really like dark clothing... I enjoy some white and colorfull stuff, but black can just be the best sometimes.
Guess I'll have to deal with the extra steps and be super carefull...

On the topic of black, can anyone tell me if it's ok to put stockings/leggings/thights in the washing machine? I do see a lot of photo's on here with black thights, do people wash those as well?
Hopeless guy here... IDK how the fuck to wash girls clothes, never paid attention when my ex was still around and all these damn things have "hand wash" tags on them :lol:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

As far as washing look at the labels and follow the directions... if it requires you to hand wash then soak in Woolite and hand wash... just make sure you look at the washing instructions.

Also to keep your gal from getting compression marks do not keep her dressed in tight-fitting clothing for extended periods... I just keep all my gals dressed in white loose-fitting clothing.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Yea, cheaper clothing tend to stain more in my experience. Actually the best is used clothing. After good quality, already pre washed and cheap :mrgreen:

When emma wears black she only does so during the photo session and maybe a couple hours more. Then we change. Only neutral or white if she stays in the same dress for a week or so.

One tip with black stocking for a photo shoot is to put on very sheer nude pantyhose under 8)

Fake leather type stuff stain like hell!

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Dollarhyde wrote:As far as washing look at the labels and follow the directions... if it requires you to hand wash then soak in Woolite and hand wash... just make sure you look at the washing instructions.

Also to keep your gal from getting compression marks do not keep her dressed in tight-fitting clothing for extended periods... I just keep all my gals dressed in white loose-fitting clothing.
Aight, thanks... I swear, 90% of the stuff I purchased says to handwash it... 8O
I've thrown some of it in the washing machine anyways, we'll see what happens... The more delicate pieces I'll do by hand later. You recommend Woolite, is it for some specific reason or will anything be fine? I see there's washing powder specifically for hand washing as well.

About the tight fitted clothing, I think there was only one piece that might be way too tight, might end up throwing it away because I won't risk it... I'll have to experiment with how long I can keep certain things on... At the moment I am just clueless. Will have to figure out if for example I can put certain bra's with tight straps on yes or no...
Sofos wrote:Yea, cheaper clothing tend to stain more in my experience. Actually the best is used clothing. After good quality, already pre washed and cheap :mrgreen:

When emma wears black she only does so during the photo session and maybe a couple hours more. Then we change. Only neutral or white if she stays in the same dress for a week or so.

One tip with black stocking for a photo shoot is to put on very sheer nude pantyhose under 8)

Fake leather type stuff stain like hell!
Used clothing might be a good tip actually, mhm. Not sure how I feel about used lingerie though, bit awkward maybe.

I don't plan to keep dark clothing on for long. Would you guys say a couple of hours is fine though? If washed multiple times.

Staying away from fake leather for sure, fortunately I don't like it much anyways.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Gotta be careful with used clothing as well.
Especially polyester.
My Eve got a stain from a dark used polyester tank top.
It went away in about 2 weeks time.
Cotton spandex or lycra mixes are good in my experience.

Washing multiple times is a great way to go.
Also try to avoid leaving her in darker clothes for long periods of time like weeks and months.
Just do dark clothes for photos and or playtime and put her in some lighter colors or white for downtime.
That's what I have been doing so far.
I have only had that one staining issue in 3 plus years. :thumbs_up:

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

gonestill77 wrote:Gotta be careful with used clothing as well.
Especially polyester.
My Eve got a stain from a dark used polyester tank top.
It went away in about 2 weeks time.
Cotton spandex or lycra mixes are good in my experience.

Washing multiple times is a great way to go.
Also try to avoid leaving her in darker clothes for long periods of time like weeks and months.
Just do dark clothes for photos and or playtime and put her in some lighter colors or white for downtime.
That's what I have been doing so far.
I have only had that one staining issue in 3 plus years. :thumbs_up:

:glou:
That sounds pretty reassuring. As long as short periods are OK, it's all good. I was planning on storing her naked anyways.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

I've used Woolite since I was a kid so that's what I use... you can use whatever handwash detergent you have on hand.

As far as tight-fitting clothing she can wear it for a bit but I would not have her in it for over a couple of hours... generally, I only keep my gals in something tight in order to do a photoshoot and then it's back to their white loose-fitting clothing.

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

Dollarhyde wrote:I've used Woolite since I was a kid so that's what I use... you can use whatever handwash detergent you have on hand.

As far as tight-fitting clothing she can wear it for a bit but I would not have her in it for over a couple of hours... generally, I only keep my gals in something tight in order to do a photoshoot and then it's back to their white loose-fitting clothing.
Sounds good, thanks everyone for the advice, might save me from some beginner mistakes! :)

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

For some reason i feel the darker the skin tone on a doll the less staining.
My 2017 156 was intense tan and NEVER ONCE STAINED and I had $2500 worth of clothes on that doll. Brand new guess skirts, new and used leggings, neon lingerie, ornate robes and silk kimono and every color of panty u can imagine and never even a light shade or hint of color transfer.

RJ357
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by RJ357 »

Zanarkand wrote:
On the topic of black, can anyone tell me if it's ok to put stockings/leggings/thights in the washing machine? I do see a lot of photo's on here with black thights, do people wash those as well?
Hopeless guy here... IDK how the fuck to wash girls clothes, never paid attention when my ex was still around and all these damn things have "hand wash" tags on them :lol:

I wash mine, I use lingerie bags and wash on gentle cycle.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191219-144151.png
Screenshot_20191219-144151.png (477.68 KiB) Viewed 2211 times

Zanarkand

Post by Zanarkand »

RJ357 wrote:
Zanarkand wrote:

I wash mine, I use lingerie bags and wash on gentle cycle.
Ok those bags are completely new to me, thanks for the tip! :D

INFORMATIONS