betterlovedoll.com

Joe Rogan Experience podcast- Whitney Cummings/Sex Robot

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Joe Rogan Experience podcast- Whitney Cummings/Sex Robot

Post by Panther68 »

Most of the doll content was in the beginning of the 2+ hour podcast.

Hey Boobman, I do believe she writes her own stuff. I thought she was a writer for the "Two Broke Girls" Sitcom. Will need to check. She also has a YouTube channel with a couple of doll spots. One with her trying to lift, move, dress and photograph the doll. I did leave a comment stating that now she can appreciate how hard it is to be a doll photographer with a shameless plug of our Instagram account. Hopefully, no haters show up. :razz:

EDIT: Confirmed, she was a writer on the show.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Panther68 wrote:Most of the doll content was in the beginning of the 2+ hour podcast.

Hey Boobman, I do believe she writes her own stuff. I thought she was a writer for the "Two Broke Girls" Sitcom. Will need to check. She also has a YouTube channel with a couple of doll spots. One with her trying to lift, move, dress and photograph the doll. I did leave a comment stating that now she can appreciate how hard it is to be a doll photographer with a shameless plug of our Instagram account. Hopefully, no haters show up. :razz:

EDIT: Confirmed, she was a writer on the show.
I knew she did from the Stern show comedian competition, Many comedians with shows of their own even pretty good ones like Bill Maher, have writers Seth Meyers too. I just respect the stuff more when they write their own material. Here is one i wrote last night after hearing about the Capitol One massive data breach. Did you hear about the Capitol One data breach? It gives a whole new meaning to "Whats in Your Wallet".

TP876

Post by TP876 »

I just finished watching this and it was really great. At about 32 1/2 minuets in she says some very kind words about love doll owners which made me feel really good. She put doll ownership in a completely positive light and the naysayers are the butt of her jokes. I laughed out loud at some of the things Bearclaw said about overthrowing humans. I hope as many people as possible see this. This would be a great way to introduce people to the concept of love dolls rather than something like Lars and the Real Girl.

She mentions that getting a doll with pubic hair was an extra $1,400. I remember I had to pay extra for Julie's bush but it wasn't anything like that. Julie's pubes were a patch, not embedded which I'm sure is more expensive but is it $1,400?

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

TP876 wrote:I just finished watching this and it was really great. At about 32 1/2 minuets in she says some very kind words about love doll owners which made me feel really good. She put doll ownership in a completely positive light and the naysayers are the butt of her jokes. I laughed out loud at some of the things Bearclaw said about overthrowing humans. I hope as many people as possible see this. This would be a great way to introduce people to the concept of love dolls rather than something like Lars and the Real Girl.

She mentions that getting a doll with pubic hair was an extra $1,400. I remember I had to pay extra for Julie's bush but it wasn't anything like that. Julie's pubes were a patch, not embedded which I'm sure is more expensive but is it $1,400?
What did they charge for the animated head.

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

She said it cost her $6000 for the Real Doll body and the head is about $15,000, but since everything was customized to look like her, her doll was almost $100,000. I am pretty sure she spent a lot of time doing research as she started following Anastasia's Instagram account about a year ago. Which means she has been lurking her on TDF for the same amount of time. She even mentions about MannequinFan's 3D inventions. She did put us in very good light. Well, she is a doll owner just like us, so she can relate. With a $100,000 doll investment, I am pretty sure this doll will be used in future comedy sets.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Not to be negative here, but as much as I think that getting dolls into the public dialogue could yield many benefits I also think that this interview could've been more insightful. My takeaway is that Mr. Rogan has seen a few sci fi movies and has grave concerns about AI. Most of his lines of inquiry seemed to be judgmental and largely based in fear. Whitney seemed to be quite derisive about her robot effigy, and I understand that she's a comedian and is fairly edgy, but I think that it would've been better if they'd spent time engaging with 'Bearclaw' in a positive way. If for no other reason than to display her capabilities. Clearly, neither of them have taken a zoology class or they would've recognized that the front runner, bestest animal to be killed by is the cone snail. Tiny little poke and it's all over before you even hit the ground.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Panther68 wrote:She said it cost her $6000 for the Real Doll body and the head is about $15,000, but since everything was customized to look like her, her doll was almost $100,000. I am pretty sure she spent a lot of time doing research as she started following Anastasia's Instagram account about a year ago. Which means she has been lurking her on TDF for the same amount of time. She even mentions about MannequinFan's 3D inventions. She did put us in very good light. Well, she is a doll owner just like us, so she can relate. With a $100,000 doll investment, I am pretty sure this doll will be used in future comedy sets.
Or she got a huge discount. What better way of advertising than to do a comedy special like on HBO so it can be uncensored , bring the doll do a spin on a ventriloquist theme act then the doll & Wendy compare love life, bar scene & dating. Look Ma no hands joke inserted.

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

If you are reading this Whitney Cummings, welcome to the forum as a "lurker"! 8)

I just finished watching her standup special, really funny and highly relatable during the sex robot/doll part. When she said that men could actually start to appreciate real girls more I actually agree. For some strange reason I have gotten a new appreciation for RGs ever since I got my first doll.

I don't know whether this is because I got into the whole female world more with makeup, clothing, hairstyling and all that, or if it mostly because cleaning up after sex will probably be more of a breeze with a RG unless she tells me to shower her like a spoiled baby! :haha4:

And I also agree that most doll owners actually treat their dolls very well, at least much better than all other "sex toys" as sex dolls become more than just "luxurious sex toys" for the majority of owners. Also, if you invest 1000+ of dollars into something, why would you wanna destroy that?

I don't see people mistreat their expensive TV:s, computers, or cars, just because they can be a bitch to handle at sometimes. Also, the more you take care of something (or someone), the more you grow attached to it/her as it feels like you are bonding/making a connection.

Finally, I never intended to get a sex doll to replace women, I got it to actually become a better man, believe it or not. :whistle:
Rock13 wrote:Not to be negative here, but as much as I think that getting dolls into the public dialogue could yield many benefits I also think that this interview could've been more insightful. My takeaway is that Mr. Rogan has seen a few sci fi movies and has grave concerns about AI. Most of his lines of inquiry seemed to be judgmental and largely based in fear. Whitney seemed to be quite derisive about her robot effigy, and I understand that she's a comedian and is fairly edgy, but I think that it would've been better if they'd spent time engaging with 'Bearclaw' in a positive way. If for no other reason than to display her capabilities. Clearly, neither of them have taken a zoology class or they would've recognized that the front runner, bestest animal to be killed by is the cone snail. Tiny little poke and it's all over before you even hit the ground.
As I have said in another thread, I believe that Mr. Rogan's challenge is that the whole "sex robot/doll" thing is just too out there for mainstream still. Him being open-minded about it would just make him "looking bad by association" as if he is supporting this, according to mainstream, "horrifying, objectifying, endeavor". In an ironical sense, he, Joe "The MadLad" Rogan himself, is being "PC" about this whole thing as of now.

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Agreed, Rock, but in the end, the podcast was about her and promoting her Netflix show. The doll is just a prop. Shhh..... Don't let my dolls hear that, or I may be sleeping with one eye open. :whistle: :sleeping: :shakefist:

In the end, the doll world will get it's 15 minutes of fame like last year with Ryan Davis then it will be back to normal.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I appreciate your points Curiousswede and Panther 68. I can see why so many podcasters and YouTubers are having difficulty gaining their footing on the whole issue, but I wonder if there aren't a large number- even a majority- of people in society who who wouldn't be accepting of an objective look into our lifestyles. Look at the response that Arthur1960 received from the public when he took his dolls out into public. Most people were indifferent or curious and a few seemed to be enthusiastic about his dolls- I didn't see anyone being a jerk about them. Erica Miley's podcast from last Spring was among the best and most objective I've heard so far. There are certainly some haters out there and despite the zealots calling for this or that law or ban on dolls and robots, I think most people would rather just live and let live.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Agreed, I have taken the dolls out in public well over 100 times over the last almost two years. Most are indifferent, some curious and will ask questions. Only one incident. All the hate comes from SJW's on social media. The real world, it's just another day. The same can be said for politics as well.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Just watched this on Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed the show. I hadn't seen Whitney Cummings before but she certainly made me laugh out loud and of course she gets a big thumbs up for her kind words about this community. It's not every day you get to see a Real Doll doing standup on the TV!

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

I just finished watching Whitney's Netflix special too and she is hilarious. I took a quick break to see what was happening on the debate stage. About 30 seconds of that and I was back to Whitney.

It's like anything else, if you take a little time to learn about the other side, spend a little time in someone else's shoes, it can totally change your outlook. I doubt any of us with dolls had any idea what they would become in our lives before getting one, I sure didn't. Whitney's reaction when she meets her doppelganger for the first time at the Abyss workshop is classic. Very few of us are able to be as intimately involved in the creation of our dolls as she was and most of us have become way more than attached to our doll friends.

I just thought Whitney, in her stand-up, put doll owners very positive light, which is even more important than being positive about dolls / sex robots in general. I think the negative stigma has been more about the person who would own and interact with a doll than about the doll itself. She really nailed it when she observed that we, mostly, male doll owners, who have had to try and learn about make-up and hair and dressing a doll while lying down might have a whole new appreciation for women in a way. And Whitney is likely not going have the pleasure of sponge bathing and baby oiling a TPE doll any time soon. If most men treated women the way we treat our dolls, it would be a whole different word.

I just hope Bearclaw opens a doll account soon and joins in on the fun!

Thanks Whitney!
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

curiousswede you beat me to it but I will still say;

Whitney Cummings, if you are out there and reading this , then perhaps you wanted to check back in and see what all of us thought about the doll stuff you did.
Personally I would say, Thankyou for being cool.
I already thought you were insightful and funny. Good luck with your new special, I hope it opens some doors for you.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

If Whitney Cummings is lurking here on the Doll Forum, it is because she wants me...no doubt about it ;)

INFORMATIONS