Starpery.com

Is your typical bath puff safe for TPE?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
somethingrandom

Is your typical bath puff safe for TPE?

Post by somethingrandom »

I saw for sale a bath puff on the end of a long plastic handle. I thought it might be useful for cleaning out doll orifices, but I wasn't sure if the plastic kind of spider-web that most bath puffs are made of would scratch or cut the TPE since the plastic mesh is probably stronger than the TPE.

somethingrandom

Re: Is your typical bath puff safe for TPE?

So many views, but no replies. :( But that's okay, I'm pretty sure I found something better anyways:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114005

Silicone Lovers
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Silicone Lovers »

If you're talking the plastic net type ones in your first post, I would say they're in the abrasive category and wouldn't recommend - you're right, the soft ones that you link to in 2nd post look way better provided they don't leave fluff particles. :)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Check out our amazing Verified five star reviews now ➡ Trustpilot

somethingrandom

Thanks for the reply. :)

Yes, that is the type of bath puff I was talking about. My assumptions were correct then, don't use it.

The new one I linked to shouldn't leave any fluffy bits, its foam not fabric, and although super soft and squishy, it seems really solid, I don't foresee it falling apart or crumbling. But I won't know for certain till I get a doll. *sigh* one more month and I can start to begin saving for my doll.

Silicone Lovers
VENDOR
VENDOR

You're welcome :) And yes, I see now on closer inspection that it's foam. I guess just be super careful of the wire part, it's tricky to see what's going on beneath all that foam. Best of luck with your saving, you'll get there! Louie

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Yeah, I'm wary of cleaning wands for the same reason. I got a foam one with a wooden stick handle, with my Real Doll.

Only problem is, when its wet, the foam compresses & bends very easily, allowing the wood to poke. Not through the foam, as such...more like when you get a cotton bud / Q-Tip and the cotton is wet and you find the plastic / card stick poking your ear through the tip.

For that reason I only use a flexible rubber douche and my fingers. Then carefully stretch the orifices and use an electric airbed pump to dry inside.
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Silicone Lovers
VENDOR
VENDOR

Scrublord wrote:Yeah, I'm wary of cleaning wands for the same reason. I got a foam one with a wooden stick handle, with my Real Doll.

Only problem is, when its wet, the foam compresses & bends very easily, allowing the wood to poke. Not through the foam, as such...more like when you get a cotton bud / Q-Tip and the cotton is wet and you find the plastic / card stick poking your ear through the tip.

For that reason I only use a flexible rubber douche and my fingers. Then carefully stretch the orifices and use an electric airbed pump to dry inside.

Very inventive! They're quite cheap too.....

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

What about just using your hands? I've discussed this topic with Indigo in the past; if you don't know Indigo he is an expert in TPE properties, care and repair. It's difficult to find a product available commercially that is safe for cleaning TPE without damaging it. The bath puffs, although soft to you, may cause micro abrasions that over time may dull the surface of the TPE. You can certainly do what every you like. I've only used my hands for cleaning my ladies and never had any issues. It's a lot more fun and less expensive too :D
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

somethingrandom

MonAmour wrote:What about just using your hands?
Because I'm trying to avoid having to touch my man goo? lol

I'd have no problem cleaning her body with my hands, but I don't really want to stick my finger in any cavities after I've filled them.

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

somethingrandom wrote:
MonAmour wrote:What about just using your hands?
Because I'm trying to avoid having to touch my man goo? lol

I'd have no problem cleaning her body with my hands, but I don't really want to stick my finger in any cavities after I've filled them.
:haha4: Well good luck with that. In the mean time here's a cleaning video that might help keep your hands "man goo" free:

Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

INFORMATIONS