The Newly wed guide by BCD for your doll

We turn dreams into reality!
Brucesu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: The Newly wed guide by BCD for your doll

Post by Brucesu »

I gotta use Dawn soap or something to get the smell out of my TPE doll. Should I spray the Dawn soap on then wipe the doll down, and then use regular water spray to wash out the soap?

Or just liberally spray Dawn like crazy, then spray regular water and wipe dry?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Please follow the instructions step by step, ok?
If need be, repeat day one more than once.
Love,
Megan, DO, The BCD Girls

Attachments
20181126_111317_Burst01 - Copy.jpg
20181126_111317_Burst01 - Copy.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 2352 times

yougivelove

Post by yougivelove »

Just wanted to chime in on TPE oiling. I've had my current doll, a WM118 for about 15 months and never oiled her. Our regiment up til now has been bi-weekly sponge-baths with bodywash and warm water, weekly baby-powderings, and monthly vasaline treatments on her inner thigh joints and vaginal opening. She is still in good shape, but definitely not as soft as when I first purchased her.

Last night was the first time I've ever given her a mineral oil treatment, and I must say that the results are awesome. First I gave her a bath and dried her. Then I laid out a plastic trash bag on the floor to keep the oil from making a mess, laid her down and gave her a good rub down from head to toe. The TPE seemed to absorb the mineral oil almost as soon as i rubbed it on. I continued to add a bit of oil at a time until I had a thin coating left on her skin. Then, I let her lay out over night while I slept.

When I woke up this morning, all the oil had been absorbed, and her skin had a very lightly oily feel to it. First thing I noticed was how much softer she was. Not as soft as brand new, but a very noticeable difference. Got her all powdered up and just marveled at her "new" jigglyness. For those wondering about what type of oil, I used food grade butcher block mineral oil. It comes in an 8 oz bottle, and I maybe used 1/2 an ounce total to do the treatment. And it honestly felt like I was slathering it on during the application, but a little bit really goes a long way. I definitely plan on doing this on a monthly basis from now on. It'll be interesting to see if I can get her back to that factory softness, but even If I can't it's definitely a huge improvement that's worth the little bit of time it took. The oil I used can be found below.

https://www.amazon.com/Mineral-Pure-Org ... 821&sr=8-2

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My WM125 is about the same age. Did her 1st oil treatment, just regular baby oil, a month after she arrived. The 2nd 3 month's later and about every 3 to 4 months since then with spot Vaseline treatments, washing and powdering as needed. Can honestly say, she's even softer now than when she arrived and her skin is in perfect condition.

Technician
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Technician »

I have mixed emotions about the mineral oil. It soaked in nicely and was easy to work with but it really dried my hands out. I think I'm going to try to find unscented baby oil.
I don't like the idea of having that stuff on my skin but I do like having her up against me so there's a conflict there.

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

I just went to the supermarket and the only baby powder that was corn starch based also had aloe and vitamin E. Apparently they're gentler on the baby's skin or something. I've got a few samples of TPE here, but not from WM, where my doll is coming from. I'm sure I've seen it said somewhere here that the corn starch powder should be pure corn starch, or is it fine to use it with the additives?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

You'll find regular cornstarch in the baking aisle of the supermarket, not in cosmetics.
Attachments
A15MZ+QNcqL._SY450_.jpg
A15MZ+QNcqL._SY450_.jpg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 2251 times

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

Yes I had a look there, but my country doesn't seem to have corn starch.

The guy at the supermarket is from the Philippines (I think) and told me that what is called corn starch from his country is called corn flour here. I bought a bag of it, but it doesn't seem to have the same "cloudiness" as baby powder, which I also bought.

Does the scent of the corn starch based baby powder hurt TPE?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Agalmatoreveur wrote:Yes I had a look there, but my country doesn't seem to have corn starch.

The guy at the supermarket is from the Philippines (I think) and told me that what is called corn starch from his country is called corn flour here. I bought a bag of it, but it doesn't seem to have the same "cloudiness" as baby powder, which I also bought.

Does the scent of the corn starch based baby powder hurt TPE?
Oh that's true, they call it corn flour in other places. Completely different things in the US. Corn flour typically is not as fine a consistency. That said, I wouldn't imagine the addition of aloe would be a big deal. I put a hint of vanilla in mine. Don't need to use all that much anyway. Just a light dusting.

jwhf
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jwhf »

very useful

Unwritten
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Unwritten »

So i've been using the same brand of mineral oil for close to 2 years, went to pick some up today, and it says now with vitamin e. The back says 100% mineral oil with vitamin e as stabilizer. Does anyone know if this is still ok for my girls?

Technician
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Technician »

Thank you Mr. Franz for the cornstarch tip, that's much nicer to be around than scented baby powder. Does anyone have a recommendation on adhesive to put nails back onto TPE?

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

Thanks!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Thing to know is oil could remove that wax coating.
We do not recommend wax coating on any dolls due to nature of TPE
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS