Starpery.com

A cool tool for the new RealDoll and SuperBabe websites.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
ShortCappy

Post by ShortCappy »

I'm pretty sure that making the type of program option (.mov files or whatever) for the new RealDoll.com, and possibly for SuperBabe.com, would be kind of difficult for Matt and Mark to work on, and it might even lag the sites' speed a bit, but here goes:

If you plan to order a specific RealDoll or SuperBabe, there would be a cool tool that displays a simple shape of a love doll with no features, not even a head type or body type shown. On the side, there would be an option of features, such as eye color, hair style, hair color, fingernail color, etc. It's up to the customer... For instance, s/he'll choose which head type is the most beautiful or attractive to him/her and will select it, and it'll be displayed on the simple shape. Then the body type that would best suit for him/her, selects it, and it'll be displayed on the simple shape as well. And so on. The customer will choose between many different features for him/her to mess around with in a variety of ways until s/he sees the certain features on his/her love doll that s/he'd really find interest.

I hope it'll be a useful suggestion to you guys. Image

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

I could do that with SWiSH. I would need an image of each feature... then have the images linked... I could even do it in JavaScript. The problem is that if there were 6 eye styles, I would need an image of each... in exactly the same position, size, lighting, etc. Then heads... exactly the same position, etc.

Once that was done... it would just be JavaScript to select the images and put the text value into an item box. Hit print or submit when it's right.

A daunting task... but feasable.
Jerry

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

Or something less ambitious would be a matrix like the old RDOL site. A close up and a body shot would form a nice catalog entry. Or instead of a matrix you could form the catelog like yahoo with all the bodies first and heads second, the eyes third, etc. until you get to a picture.

Another variation could be done under production conditions. As each doll is shipped, do a naked mug shot under standardized conditions, and enter them into an image database. Then a person could enter a query and get the closest matching dolls in descending order. This should be enough to give people an idea. Call it the mugshot database idea.

Another idea is to make professional "makeup/makeover" software compatiable snapshots so you can use makeover software. I know not everyone is going to use it, but when making a $5K purchase, playing with a $50 'CAD' tool may make sense (will head 33 look good in a pageboy ?)

ShortCappy

Post by ShortCappy »

Now that you're telling me about this, it IS going to be a tough task, especially for Matt since he has a total of 9 heads and 5 different bodies, in 5 different skin tones, with 5 eye colors, in 10 different hair styles, 5 different nail colors... that's alot of different styles and alot of images! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Another thing that I forgot to mention - which is going to be even more grueling - and I'm sure some people are going to ask for them, are the zoom in/zoom out and 360° horizontal options to inspect the love doll - like the options used to take a look around a vehicle (that would mean using QuickTime for those options to work). That's about it for thinking of this kind of tool suggestion.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Something like that is not going to happen... at least not any time soon. Look at it this way... 9 heads, 6 lip colors, 5 eye colors, 6 hair styles, 6 eye shadow colors, 3 styles of eyeliner...

9*6*5*6*6*3 = 29,160 photographs.
* 5 body styles = 145,800 combinations
* 5 skin tones = 729,000 possible images.

What could happen would be to take a generic "Head-1" and digitize it. Then cut that image into segments, eyes and mouth.

Then digitally enhance 5 or 6 "mouth segments" and 5 or 6 "eye segments". Then... color correct these into sets of 5 body shades. That would be 60 images which could make 180 possible combinations. Of those... not all would be valid... like a black upper and a white lower... so the database would need an image table for compatibility.

This is possible, and I have the tools to create it. You have to have a balance... the 3d would be lovely... but 729,000 possible images... then 60 shots of each to construct a 3D rotatable image... 43,740,000 images... ain't gonna happen. LEFT/RIGHT/FRONT profiles... sure. 3D rotatable... not unless you input a 3d surface map, load the images into something like Poser, then output via a CGI script. Owwww... my head hurts thinking about the process of doing that.

Now a GIF image could be made with a transparent area for the wig... and this overlay placed on the face above... that is possible with SWiSH. (Not easy... but possible.)

After the trip I should have new images. I will try to get a bald, plain Superbabe image set that I can digitally master. If so... I may be able to display 60 to 180 combinations... but don't count on 43 million. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Jerry

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

One idea is just to pick a modeling format, offer skins as one set of variations, the 3d data as another and let the person do it on their PC. Pick something like Poser. Another program I have been playing with is Mikshape 3D which supports many formats and is for gaming. A nice side effect is you could put your doll in a 3D game.

Only real pictures are going to be perfect. I think one achievable goal is to allow comparison shopping. Will doll A look better than doll B? Maybe the doll makers could offer a 'quote' photo of maybe two variations for head makeup combinations, for serious buyers only. Or maybe for a nominal make-up fee. Again, I think spending $10 for pictures to help choose the permanent features of a $6,000 non-refundable item so personal as a doll is worth it.

Nada

Post by Nada »

http://otakuworld.com/kiss/

The Kisekae Set system: (FKiss, "French Kiss" is the current standard for this "Paper Doll" program. And it is not for Kids, anymore. :-) It's only 2-D with very slight, 3-D drawn effects and would require a Master Artist to Cut and Fit the Body and Face pieces. Six headless Bodies with exactly the same position and perspective would be needed for the "required" inter-changable scale with Heads, varing colors for Eyes, finger-nails, toes-nails, etc. And it is Off-Line usage, only, but a Bitmap Image could be taken and sent-in, via Email.. (Also, Sound and minor Interactive animation is possible, for some hidden fun.)

tlsarl
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tlsarl »

This looks like a good place for VRML.
You can zoom, pan, rotate, study, and walk around your custom doll.
Make 3D models of all the doll parts (see below).
Each part can be a link to a selection menu.
Use common photographs to add detailed texture to each part.

Faraday is a research goup with a good example VRML
click the [About 3D Capture] button
then click [3D Models] and look at the bottom of the page.

C3D makes the camera

Lightscribe 3D is Immersion’s newest scanning product

Click the [Launch Demo] button on this page at Geometrix. They also make the Lightscribe technology for Immersion.
It requires the Viewpoint 3D plug-in, but could be done in VRML.

Breukmann has a VRML female torso
Image Image
here's the link to the zip file.

tvkupa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tvkupa »

I'd be willing to contribute a box of Poser 4 and our Pro Pack which exports to Viewpoint if a motivated memeber of this board were to want to use Viewpoint's texture controls and color multipliers to create a previewing system for choices.

The most difficult component to recreate would be the hair choices. Viewpoint supports transparency, needed to re-create a wig of hair, but the hair props available for Poser characters don't approach the range that is actually available in the real world.

Viewpoint supports our morph target controls, so the generic Poser meshes could be modified and controlled with UI widgets to slide between the various head designs.

tvkupa- an exec at Curious Labs....

tlsarl
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tlsarl »

tvkupa
I'd like to give Poser/Viewpoint a try if nobdy else has already asked.

Would I have to get the Viewpoint software separately? Their site says "Broadcast licenses are FREE for non-commercial use."

Your e-mail is blocked in this forum. Please e-mail me with details.

I just notice your doll for sale. I'd like to see some pics of you repairs.

INFORMATIONS