Starpery.com

Black , the color of death ??

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
FirstOrder

Black , the color of death ??

Post by FirstOrder »

So I have been taking great care to avoid any black colored outfit for fear of staining my lovely little doll.

Are the fears of black warranted? Havs any of you successfully managed to sport a black outfit on your girl without disaster striking?

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: Black , the color of death ??

Post by Dollfriend »

YES!.....black is the worst....it will stain TPE the fastest, but any dark color will eventually stain if left on for any great length of time, I learned this the hard way...
:drinking:

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Actually this isn't as straightforward as you might think. When I got my first gal 2 years ago I avoided anything black like the plague and the first staining incident she had was from the black lining of a wig so I got flesh coloured wig caps which prevented any further staining. However in the last year I have been experimenting with different items of clothing and have found that certain materials can actually be worn safely even in black. Now the other factor at play here is what your gals tpe is like. If it's new and a bit tacky then it's more likely to be a magnet for any dark colours, you can still get around this though by putting something that acts as a barrier to protect your gal, so thick white/flesh coloured tights will enable you to put black leggings on your gal. Now my Sarah is 2 years old and her tpe doesn't get tacky any more, I have had her wearing black tops made of that light, flimsy sheer material and in the attached pic she wore this back top for several days with no hint of any staining. In the other pic she is wearing a tight cotton dress that's clearly black which I washed a few times to ensure it was colour fast. She had this dress on for a few weeks and again no marks at all but I did keep checking to make sure. So my advice would be, get something that appears to be good quality, (cheap stuff is much more likely to stain), wash it in hot water and if there is a lot of colour draining out then there's a good chance it will stain but like that dress Sarah is wearing, there was no loss of colour in hot water so I was more confident it would be ok. I still placed the dress under one of her feet for a few hours to see if it would mark, it was fine so she wore it and all was well. So it can be done, just be careful and test first. Things like tight leggings etc should really still be worn over tights and black lingerie that's tight against the skin shouldn't be left on for too long as it will probably still stain eventually. Hope that's helpful.
Attachments
Sarah in black blouse
Sarah in black blouse
2018-09-08_04-25-32.jpg (489.34 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
Sarah in black dress
Sarah in black dress
2018-07-01_09-46-21.jpg (449.81 KiB) Viewed 1245 times

FirstOrder

Post by FirstOrder »

Thanks for that info ! Well my doll is new but I just bought a sexy black goth outfit that I plan on washing the crap out of and will do the old standing skin test to see what happens . Is it possible to soak clothes to the point of no color transfer?

FirstOrder

Post by FirstOrder »

This is the outfit in question. Given the price point I don't have high hopes but again , I will soak it and wash the crap out of it and do a few tests .

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11400.m ... Tags=bu=bu

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, I would think that, considering the price, it's probably going to stain if your not careful but you can still wash it well and after doing a test, if it's ok, put it on for say a photoshoot but I would still be wary for leaving it on for any length of time unless you had something else underneath. You could certainly put some flesh coloured tights on your gal, these would protect her legs and bottom etc, I always get high denier where possible as with thin ones you can still get some colour come through on pressure points etc. It does look like a cute outfit though, I may look for something like that for my gals!

rgp3

Post by rgp3 »

I machine wash all colored clothes on delicate with Tide Free and Clear detergent and a Shout color catcher until the color catcher comes out white - no more dye shedding.

Swimwear is the most colorfast clothing I've found. A hot bikini's my only red item.

I have some black thongs, but they have been washed as previously described and don't stain, but Gwen's silicone, not TPE, and gets washed weekly and powdered 2-3 times per week.

Gwen has a dark purple dress, but I had to wash it six times before she could wear it. I stay away from black, navy, and red except for her bikini. Lots of white, pink, gray, and hot little apricot and teal dresses.
2021 - Jess 100cm Piper Doll
2018 - Gwen 150cm Z-Onedoll (retired)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

FirstOrder wrote:So I have been taking great care to avoid any black colored outfit for fear of staining my lovely little doll.

Are the fears of black warranted? Havs any of you successfully managed to sport a black outfit on your girl without disaster striking?
Depends entirely on the item, what it's made of and what kind of dye was used. Some will stain, some will not. I find, the cheaper an item, the more likely it'll stain and while name brands are less prone to this, it's always best to test it first. I usually stand my doll on items I'm unsure of, then check the bottom of her feet after a hour or so. Used items are also less prone to staining as they've likely already been washed a number of times. swap.com is a good source for used name brand clothes at rock bottom prices.
This is a re-purposed synthetic blend blouse turned dress. It's a quality name brand item and Jyoti has worn it for weeks on end without the slightest hint of staining.

blksteel101

Post by blksteel101 »

how can i get rid of the blk stain I made the mistake of leaving the blk panties on too long

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Been pretty well covered here thus far. I'll just add that spandex/lycra in black is probably the worst combo, even more so if it's cheap.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

I've had problems with a black skirt that stained after multiple washes. Though it doesn't seem to stain now, I won't leave it on for long. Any stains I've had have faded after a little while. Oil and washing seems to help, and powdering seems to protect her from the worst.

However I have had her wear this outfit on several occasions without any staining whatsoever. The dress is actually an old shirt I used to wear many, many years ago so has been washed a lot. The underwear has never been an issue after being washed a couple of times.
fishnet09.jpg
fishnet09.jpg (4.08 MiB) Viewed 1023 times
My recommendation is to test any new clothing by using an insert (if you have one, a TPE sample is good too) and place the clothing under it. Weight it down with some books or whatever and see what happens. Mr. Franz's idea is a good one too.
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

blksteel101 wrote:how can i get rid of the blk stain I made the mistake of leaving the blk panties on too long
For a TPE doll use Vaseline & or mineral oil rubbing it gently into the stain with your fingers, then wipe gently with damp cotton washcloth. Repeated treatments will help lift the stain, over time light stains will fade away some on their own too.

Dollpimp2018
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollpimp2018 »

blksteel101 wrote:how can i get rid of the blk stain I made the mistake of leaving the blk panties on too long

Here is a video about it:
PipeDream Kitty Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/308222911
IronTech Victoria Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/305089873
AmorDoll Bianca Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/298682320

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Stained my teddybabes bumm with black panties recently, very saddening.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

Black is very deadly but shouldn't be avoid. Most if not all of my stains have accured on TPE and inflatable dolls. My silicone dolls are very resistive to black but even they can stain. I typically do dark gray but will sometimes venture into straight black. One major thing to do is wash dark clothes a few times to get the dye out. Even then there is still a chance a stain will accrue. If I put black on my dolls I make sure to put a barrier between. So white underwear or shirt is perfect . If I put black clothes on my doll, another thing to keep in mind is time. A stain may appear if dark clothes are left on the doll overtime.
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

INFORMATIONS