Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Any Doctor Who fans here????

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Any Doctor Who fans here????

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

My association with Doctor Who goes back to when the first William Hartnell episodes were broadcast here in Canada on CBC TV during the mid-1960s. I started watching it again a few years later when the series was shown on the PBS station that we get here, but that ended when it could no longer afford to keep DW on the air.

In my opinion, the series started going downhill when John Nathan-Turner took over as producer which was, if I remember correctly, during Tom Baker's final year. After that, the show really wasn't worth watching as the plots became progressively outlandish, silly, and, often, violent, something which would never have happened when Sidney Newman was in charge. I wasn't surprised that the series came to an end nearly 30 years ago. By then, it had largely run out of ideas and the Doctor had gone from being a wise, scholarly gentleman to a bumbling buffoon.

I was skeptical when the show was revived. I watched it for a while, quitting part-way through David Tennant's second season as the series bore little resemblance to the one I remembered.

Some things are best left untouched.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

DelosDroid wrote:I also saw the whole Master/Captain female version as the show runners testing the water so to speak, although I thought they'd chicken out again when it came to the doctor.

Still, given that Michelle Gomez's portrayal of the Master was very popular, I guess the BBC felt it was safe now to make the doctor female. :D
There was also the reference to the Corsair in "The Doctor's Wife" as a Time Lord having both male and female regenerations so another instance of them throwing the idea around before making it happen with Missy. I have no problem with gender flipping regenerations if they're relevant to the story (or a new character), but if it's just cashing in on the current trend to flip gender roles, I wish they wouldn't.

In the case of Missy, I wish she'd been a new incarnation of the Rani or someone new rather than bringing back the Master (didn't like the "Mr. Saxon" portrayal), but Gomez really made the role her own so I enjoyed Missy for who she was and ignored the fact that she was also the Master.

Been watching Doctor Who since the 80's with episodes shown on PBS so I'd count as a longtime fan. Every Doctor is different and hopefully this one will show she's more than just a "let's make male characters female" gimmick and be a good Doctor. Guess we'll find out in time.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

So bringing this back to the subforum of Abyss....I wonder if Abyss will do a RealDoll Dr who...

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

nordicdude
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by nordicdude »

What?? Doctor who has always been a male .. xD
What have i missed...

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.....

Anyone remember the Dr's Daughter?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205439/

Spin off series maybe,....?

Just say'n.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,.....

Anyone remember the Dr's Daughter?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205439/

Spin off series maybe,....?

Just say'n.

Playtime.
Many people forget that the original series featured not just the Doctor (played by William Hartnell) but also his granddaughter Susan (Carole Anne Ford).
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

INFORMATIONS