dollstudio.org

Piper Doll sales suspended

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Piper Doll sales suspended

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

effective immediately I am suspending Piper Doll sales. As of now, all Piper Doll products have been removed from our websites.

In a nutshell, the main reasons are:
  • Massively increased failure rates during the past months, resulting in too many defective dolls with no means to fix or repair the issues;
  • untruthful claim about dolls not having the TPE plug issue;
  • refusal to replace an immediately reported shipping damage (broken neck, doll DOA; one case), and
  • refusal to replace a quickly reported manufacturing fault (unsealed resp. missing TPE plug that should not even exist; resulting in water entering the inside of the doll; one case).
The combination of a sloppy manufacturing quality with the refusal to make things right in two succeeding and totally clear manufacturer warranty cases leaves me no choice but to suspend Piper Doll sales, until the issues mentioned above have been fixed.

Piper Doll knows about our requirements in regard to manufacturing quality and after-sales service, and there were big promises made but not kept. So this is an particularily huge dissapopintment.

I am not taking this decision lightly as I considered Wesly/Mizuwali a close business friend. Piper Doll is the company where I the least expected such a breach of trust. So being forced to take this action hurts a lot.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Keyman

Re: Piper Doll sales suspended

Post by Keyman »

Fully side with Sandro's decision. He is respected, highly knowledgeable and showing integrity for his customers.

Disappointed in Piper, they should own it like IronTech recently did.

Silicagel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Silicagel »

From a business point of view it seems that you are doing the right thing. Shows you are professional even though the producer is not

from my point of view i just got a little worried because ive ordered the 150 Erian from you which is beeing delivered on monday. Anything I should check upon arrival? What is a TPE plug?

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

Oh nooo!
Piper doll looked so promising.
Hopefully just a temporary issue.
But it's hard to gain back trust once lost...
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

Kudos to DollStudio for being professional and customer-oriented!

This should force more manufacturers (AND vendors) to follow so more manufacturers stop trying take advantage of customers due to the nature of this industry (as I've always suggested, who would wanna take a faulty sex doll to public court?).

Just get things right already from the beginning and your business will flourish long-term! ;) And when mistakes are made, own them and make things right. The faster you do this, the more likely you are to be forgiven for your mistakes. The longer you wait, however, the more trust you destroy in the process.
Silicagel wrote:From a business point of view it seems that you are doing the right thing. Shows you are professional even though the producer is not

from my point of view i just got a little worried because ive ordered the 150 Erian from you which is beeing delivered on monday. Anything I should check upon arrival? What is a TPE plug?
If I'm not mistaken, the TPE plug is that little part inside the vagina cavity which acts as a wall between the vagina cavity and the skeleton so if this one is missing you would be getting water into the skeleton from inside the vagina cavity (even with in-built, I think). You can usually feel this if you stick in your fingers carefully and they are enough long.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Silicagel wrote:Anything I should check upon arrival? What is a TPE plug?
First of all, do not worry too much. Definitely not every Piper Doll is bad. Like any other doll brand they just have some particular strenghts and some particular weaknesses. Among the particular strenghths is supposed to be the non-existent TPE plug issue (more about this below).

When your doll arrives, do not get overwhelmed. She will be beautiful and take your heart in an instant. Just keep your calm and have a camera ready, just in case. Check the cardboard box for visible and severe damages (some scratches on the cardboard are not damages). Then carefully open the package and get her out of the carton. She will be wrapped in a lot of padding and a soft blanket. If a metal parts poke through the padding or the blanket, you have a shipping damage. Take pictures and send them to me immediately.

If so far everything looks fine, get her out of her plastic bag and remove the protection around the hands and feet. I am using a cutter knife to cut through the transparent type; be careful not to cut into her skin. Then inspect her skin surface, and after that slowly explore the skeletal movements. Do not force a movement. Normally everything will be fine. If she can not hold a pose, inspect more closely. The skeleton is supposed to be posable, so she can nod, turn her head, raise her arms and so on. After you have tenderly (with emphasis on tender) explored her body, you will know if there are skeletal issues.

A broken neck (case one mentioned above) can look like this:
vlcsnap-2018-01-30-16h44m51s385.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-01-30-16h44m51s385.jpg (83.01 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
Regarding the TPE plug issue, this is a long-standing engineering issue with basically all TPE dolls; during molding, the skeleton is fixed through the vagina. After molding is completed, the fixating is removed and little TPE glued into the back of the vaginal canal. This so-called TPE plug can become loose and allows water and other fluids to enter the inside of the doll. You can research a lot of the specifics here on TDF.

Piper Doll and the OEM factory (Doll Forever) advertised noisily that they had resolved the TPE plug issue. That was not a lie, but also not entirely truthful. As far as we can retrace the manufacturing details, they hot-weld the TPE plug. So they still use the TPE plug, but (ideally) use a method to bond stronger than with TPE glue ('cold welding') like other manufacturers do. If TPE is properly hot-welded, it results in the best adhesion currently possible with TPE. The doll from the case mentioned above was not properly hot-welded, resulting in the classical TPE plug issue that should not even have existed.

A properly hot-welded rear end of the vaginal canal looks like this in a cross-section:
sealing.jpg
sealing.jpg (24.64 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
Finding out if this problem affects you requires an endoscope and some experience to interpret endoscope pictures. Actually I do not expect that you will have to deal with the TPE plug issues. Piper Doll would be idiots if they'd not double-check what the factory outputs (I am discussing these issues for over a month, so Piper Doll is fully aware that certain problems exist).

Also, in your case even a potential TPE plug issue would be further mitigated as you get the insert variant, so you won't have to clean the vaginal canal too often - that's what the insert is for. As far as other Piper Doll owners are concerned, I can only recommend not to trust that the rear of the vaginal canal is securely sealed. Usually it is, but some customers use a hose with water pressure which loosens the plug it it is not 100% perfect welded. So rather rinse than flush with high water pressure.

As always, if you have any questions, drop me an email.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

DARKSUN
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DARKSUN »

i am very sad to hear of this. Piper doll is so high on my want list. But thank you for the heads-up. Will wait for further updates before I try ordering.
Current doll: Starpery 156cm Hedy
Past Dolls: PiperDoll Akira 160cm Silicone - WM 155cm DD (TPE) - JY 140cm Huge Boobs Adelaide (TPE) - Starpery 156cm Hedy
Wish List: too many to list
Doll Reviews:
JY 140CM Adelaide
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101883
Piperdoll Akira 160cm
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=129608
Starpery 156cm Hedy
viewtopic.php?f=548&t=149180

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

I sure hope D4E steps up and stands behind there product.

Thanks for taking a stand Sandro.

Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hi,sad to see this....thanks Sandro...........INTEGRITY IN ACTION :thumbs_up:
Matt

Silicagel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Silicagel »

Thank you for the reply, Sandro :)

Wolfric

Post by Wolfric »

This is one reason I think Sandros is awesome :p

However, if I buy a seamless doll, I expect it to be completely sealed. That is what drew me to them to begin with.

Gives one the option to have fun shower play. Makes cleaning and care not a chore, but something to look forward to. ;)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

...and the other brandlines from that same parent factory....(no names no court martials), but have they reported or had similar issues?

Anung :wink:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Dollstudio wrote: Piper Doll is the company where I the least expected such a breach of trust.
8O
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Wolfric

Post by Wolfric »

Jeff is only mentioning Piper dolls. Hopefully DFE makes a comment on the issue, and steps to improve or correct the issue. It just seems someone got lazy in the manufacturer end, most likely. Cause that's a major selling point aside from looks for that doll line. A doll you can bathe with(not Jacuzzi or hot bath :p) Anyways, point being, if it isn't sealed properly, kind of ruins the point. However, using high pressure hose to clean it, is going to ruin any dolls TPE plug in my honest opinion, so don't do it. I added TPE plug issues into my report with suggestions. Either way, all dolls can/will suffer TPE plug issues if one uses high pressure to clean the cavity.

Matix151
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Matix151 »

This sucks to hear.. i just purchased a piper 130cm a couple days ago from another vendor and this makes me worried.. this is my first doll and i would hate to have wasted my money..

INFORMATIONS