sanhuiofficial.com

Long term skeleton durability

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Long term skeleton durability

Post by MANABU »

Hi sofos,

I send my love to you and Emma, sorry you are unhappy about her joints.

I have this same doll. I also have a different perspective than everyone her in this topic.

First doll
only 6 months in the doll world

Before purchasing I had read about dolls becoming loose so i opted out of the standing foot option. For my first doll i wasnt prepared to fool around with the risks of standing a doll up on its own. I wasn't in to photography then and its still a chore now. thats a shame for you guys because i have spent almost $3000 in the last 3 months on clothes and Kimono for her. I think I will regret not taking pics just for the memories.

After 3 months this is what my Sanhui 156 is like.
Back is still stiff as a brick. so stiff im afraid to force it. Elbows hold any pose
knees hold no pose. I have been kicked in the nose eye and lips many times by her feel falling into my face as her legs and feet are in the air and her heel crashes into my face. It sux but we just giggle it away.
Her elbows rotate very smoothly and loose like. now that i know whats up its ok but when they first got like this i had her arm orientate backwards once and could not figure out why her arm would not bend at all. I had to re rotate her arm and then bend it normal. Her legs at the hips are stiff. almost as stiff as new. same with her shoulders. her neck bolt is the same too but after reading about other neck bolts in this topic i am now terrified about my dolls neck. to me that is the ONE thing i want to be stiff. her hips are stiff too but thats because i rarely twist her torso. She can sit up with no support at all but this wont last. for example I have learned to sit her up from laying down by pulling her by her back first instead of her legs first and then tipping her forward into seated position.

My different perspective. My doll is pretty much a teddy bear lover. I actually want her to be more like a rag doll. I totally get it that you guys want pose-able skeletons for your reasons. I want to ask you guys this question.

Could it be possible that Sanhui follows customer feedback from Chinese consumers more or instead of our feedback. The Chinese doll market is probly way bigger than our market due to population of the country. for example there are 20 million men projected to be single by 2030 because of all the aborted female babies and the one child policy.

So maybe sanhui knows this about the skeletons but maybe the chinese consumers dont care so why should they worry about us? just an idea. I dunno. maybe stiff dolls are wanted in china too.

ive only been in the doll world 6 months. had a doll for 3. based on all the reading of these topics im starting understand every doll has a lifespan. for me personally im think for me, ill get a new doll once a year. im starting to think it just comes with the territory. i know i know i know. A doll lasts as long as how good you are to her. but i like the feeling of new doll too.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I can see your reasoning Manabu but no two dolls are alike and that’s where the problem lies not in that there are market variations.

I saw a video once of some guys in a DS factory tightening up some bolts each side of the same skeleton. They didn’t have torque wrenches and used ordinary spanners (wrenches)! How could they possibly tighten them to the same level! Enough said on that I think but if torque wrenches are not used there is no way each joint is tightened to the same or the appropriate level!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

That's too bad hollows. Yes, with tpe it is even worse as there is no good glue as you say. atleast that part is covered with silicone.

I haven't done anything yet though. Not sure I will be getting around to it before the holidays start.

@MANABU
Yea, at 3 moths Emma has started to loosen a bit but she could still do inline skating at that time :D

$3k woth of clothes. That sure beats me!

I'm also pretty sure that the wear will vary with usage and perhaps posing for photos are putting more strain on the skeleton compared to other activities.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I don’t think you’re to blame my friend! We can all see the love and care you take over Emms! There’s no way posing like you’ve been doing with her would cause this!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I don’t think you’re to blame my friend! We can all see the love and care you take over Emms! There’s no way posing like you’ve been doing with her would cause this!
Thanks man! :D

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

Sofos wrote:That's too bad hollows. Yes, with tpe it is even worse as there is no good glue as you say. atleast that part is covered with silicone.

I haven't done anything yet though. Not sure I will be getting around to it before the holidays start.

@MANABU
Yea, at 3 moths Emma has started to loosen a bit but she could still do inline skating at that time :D

$3k woth of clothes. That sure beats me!

I'm also pretty sure that the wear will vary with usage and perhaps posing for photos are putting more strain on the skeleton compared to other activities.

i remember falling in love with that rollerblade photo shoot.

one reason why i dont do elaborate photo shoots is this. it may sound crazy but her it goes. I have an understanding that a doll has only so many "movements" in her life span. eventually she will wear out. maybe im really conservative because she is my first and i know people could respond to this and say after years theirs is still ok. i just want to be selfish and only move her around for me.

does that kind of make sense. if i broke her in the middle of a photo shoot i would be pissed (frikk... all for a stupid photo) now i cant enjoy her as much cus i was too busy showing her off.

what i need to do is start involving the camera more when we hang out

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

i get that MANABU.

thats one of the reasons that i have more than one girl with me now. kind of a way to share the load so they all last longer. they are all special to me and i want them around for as long as posible

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

optical delusion wrote:thats one of the reasons that i have more than one girl with me now. ... to share the load ...
Dolls sharing a load... nice! ;)
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

So, we are right in the middle of some exploratory surgery...

Emmas bones/joints are NOT the same as the pictures by Samara.

Here is the bolt head wrapped in cloth
20171220_193622.jpg
20171220_193622.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1697 times
cut open
20171220_200529.jpg
20171220_200529.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1697 times
ok, the nut is on the other side...
20171220_200502.jpg
20171220_200502.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1697 times

NOT welded :) !
So I was able to tighten the elbow using a 9 mm wrench. However it was slightly too big. But the 8mm was too small so not sure what kind of nut dimension that is... Also added a drop of blue loctite for whatever that will do.

The elbow rotate rather freely too. I wonder if there is a similar nut to tighten for that movement...

KIKU
Doll
Doll

Post by KIKU »

Make sure Emma has lots of candy to help with the pain after the surgery.
Manabu, if I'm a Doll, does that make you my boy toy???

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Ok, never could get a hold of any nut for the twisting/rotation. Didn't wanna cut her up even more... So, fresh cloth applied on both sides
20171220_205415.jpg
20171220_205415.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1689 times
and then sealed up the silicone with permatex. She is resting/curing in front of the tv now. I'll add a picture of the scar tomorrow. Now I need some rest too for both body and mind :)

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

KIKU wrote:Make sure Emma has lots of candy to help with the pain after the surgery.

Hmm, we don't eat candy... but I did give her a big hug :)

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Congrats on her speedy recovery! Good news is awesome.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

If Sanhui actually leaned from the original criticism about welding their joint bolts and nuts and more recent models have indeed readjustable ones like Sofos's surgery suggested that would immediately make them a much more recommendable choice and very good value for money.
Kinda sad such developments are not communicated as they would probably help to steer some buyers into their direction.
Thanks for the report, Sofos and all the best to Emma.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Thanks!

Yes, I agree with you mic6. This is a welcome improvement. I kinda wish sanhui would pick up this ball and descrive their past and current skeleton since clearly there are improvements.

I actually think it was well wrapped too. Behind the cloth there was some plastic too so the silicone on the inside was perfectly clean. No oil/grinded metal residue. And no visible wear on the inside of the silicone either.

So here is the scar. She has a similar one on the inside of the arm too (the nut is on the inside so next arm will only get one incision.

DSC_0903 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0903 - Copy.JPG (331.71 KiB) Viewed 1618 times

INFORMATIONS