www.beautiful-dolls.com

Question - Can Dagmar head be interchanged?

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Question - Can Dagmar head be interchanged?

Post by Diaval »

Hello All,

I just recently acquired a Dagmar Happy Doll from Beautiful Dolls this past week. In my unboxing of the doll, I had noticed that the company had switched from the long neck post to a threaded base mounted on the neck of the body to cylindrical head insert which, in turn, the head slides on to. I am curious to know if this thread is compatible with heads from other doll makers and perhaps I could put a different head on the body.

While I am totally happy with head the doll came with, this was just something that sparked my curiosity as if this change in design is compatible with other doll maker's heads.

Thank You,

Diaval

Byakuya Kuciki

Re: Question - Can Dagmar head be interchanged?

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Wow. Thats new. I use the anime heads, i wonder if those have changed the way they attach as well.
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Byakuya Kuciki wrote:Wow. Thats new. I use the anime heads, i wonder if those have changed the way they attach as well.

Not sure about that, but I have seen someone else that bought a Dagmar w/silicone head option and it too has the threaded base with that extension adapter. Now this got me wondering if other heads could be mounted on the Dagmar body.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Hello all,

Here is a shot of the body as I was unpackaging her. You can see the threaded post on top of the neck.

I will have to take another top down shot so you can see it better:
HeadPostUL.JPG
HeadPostUL.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2114 times
HeadPostUL2.JPG
HeadPostUL2.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 2114 times
Then there is a cylindrical adapter that slides into the head and then the head screws on to the threaded post. As far as I can tell, the head still moves as described by others, meaning it moved forward and back only and not side to side. It moves in notches. It feels like a very strong mounting point and the notches ensure that the head will not move from whatever position you put it in. I just don't move the head joint that much.

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if the metal post is for the Dagmar when ordered with a silicone head. For the anime head Dagmar, maybe there is just the zipper and cloth that cover over the soft padded neck. I think it was mentioned that the cloth is sewn on the Dagmar at the neck even though it has a zipper. Could this be just for the Silicone head variant so that the cloth skin doesn't shift too much around when there is the metal post sticking through?

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if the metal post is for the Dagmar when ordered with a silicone head. For the anime head Dagmar, maybe there is just the zipper and cloth that cover over the soft padded neck. I think it was mentioned that the cloth is sewn on the Dagmar at the neck even though it has a zipper. Could this be just for the Silicone head variant so that the cloth skin doesn't shift too much around when there is the metal post sticking through?
I was wondering about that too. Naturally silicon on fabric will have more grip than fabric on fabric. However, there is a cloth sheath on the inside of the head too. I guess with the threaded post, it lessens the grip a bit making it easier to turn the head? I know that when I put the head on I tighten the cylindrical adapter that goes inside the head all the way down and then back of a 1/4 turn. Then I put the head on. Now the head can move left and right fairly easily, but it stays in place.

But curiosity has the best of me and it has me wondering if another manufacturers head would fit on the doll. I believe WM has a threaded head, but I am not sure if it is inside or outside. Many makers have the thread on the head part. Then others yet just have a notched shaft that locks into place. I have seen that on 6YE.

Like I said, it is just curiosity. I actually do like the silicone head that comes with the doll. I am very impressed that they matched up the silicon skin color very well with the fabric color.

BUT I like to to keep my options open.
Diaval

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hi I have been emailing with Joy today and it seems other tpe/silicone heads won't work.I will see in a few weeks.
MG

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

matt gloss wrote:Hi I have been emailing with Joy today and it seems other tpe/silicone heads won't work.I will see in a few weeks.
MG
I was gathering that myself since the mounting posts are different. But there is another issue I been reading about with TPE heads and that they would be prone to staining the fabric. The jury is out on that since the doll's insert is TPE and I don't hear of others stating it stains the fabric. However, for easy insertion and removal it is suggested to put the insert in a plastic bag, which is what I have done, so the bag is a barrier anyway. more than likely if a TPE head would work, some kind of plastic disc would have to placed over the threaded post that would extend out to the edge of the neck. This would be a barrier between the head and the 'skin' thus preventing contact between the two.

Most dolls I have looked into have some kind of post that goes from the head into a socket on the doll's body. The post is reversed on Dagmar with it being on the body. Sanhui dolls was thrown out into the mix as they have a threaded head too, but I have not seen how the Sanhui head attaches to the body and if it is the same, then the next question would be if the thread is the same.

Probably a closer fit is the head from a Private Island Beauties doll. These heads are hollow like the Dagmar heads and would use the adapter. However, the heads do look a bit bigger and the cylindrical post adapter that screws onto the thread might need to be extended a bit. That is fairly easy to do. But the down side is that these heads are VERY expensive and are almost the price of a whole Dagmar doll. Also, not all of them are what I consider attractive. In fact the "Mina" head is the only one I like.

At this point, while I am still interested in what can fit on the doll, it is slowly becoming a moot point as I have grown rather attached to the head / face on the doll as is. I have found that choosing the right wig and clothing makes a serious impact on the beauty of this doll.

You can see how I dressed her in this thread:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=94133

Happy Holidays!

Diaval

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pib heads are yoo big they would just flop around the neck of your doll. The sanhui head is your best bet. Tpe heads haave a larger bolt so adapting that would be interesting.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

samara78 wrote:Pib heads are yoo big they would just flop around the neck of your doll. The sanhui head is your best bet. Tpe heads haave a larger bolt so adapting that would be interesting.
Ok that is good to know. Would you know if the thread is the same on the Sanhui head?

Thanks,
Diaval

INFORMATIONS