Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD 2 wait time?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

LatexLadyLover

RD 2 wait time?

Post by LatexLadyLover »

I read that the wait time for a RD2 is something like 27 weeks.Is it faster if you order one of the pre-configured dolls like Tanya body F which is a knock out.Thanks

Brick

Re: RD 2 wait time?

Post by Brick »

No, configuration has nothing to do with production time. And actually the last time I checked, Abyss has gotten their production time down to 24 weeks. Their goal is to get the time down to 16 weeks....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Zebo - any word on why it jumped up to 27 weeks?

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

upsux wrote:Zebo - any word on why it jumped up to 27 weeks?
I'm pretty sure it was the BodyF, when they released the bodyF I think they only had one Body Mold on hand and shit got backed up quite a bit with the demand for the F, I heard that they ordered more body F molds but don't know how many and if they have them yet. Throw in the big sales they had a several months back and I think that's why the time increased so much.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Rocky-DollStacey wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was the BodyF, when they released the bodyF I think they only had one Body Mold on hand and shit got backed up quite a bit with the demand for the F, I heard that they ordered more body F molds but don't know how many and if they have them yet. Throw in the big sales they had a several months back and I think that's why the time increased so much.
That sounds reasonable, victim of their own success!

UltimaRatioRegum

Post by UltimaRatioRegum »

I've actually been waiting over 30 weeks for a body A I ordered by in April. I did order during the tax season sale, which was the second large sale after the release of the body F. The wait is tough though...

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

If the last update I received from Abyss holds true, I'll be coming in at 24-25 weeks for my order. Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she'll make it home in time for Christmas.

Dystempr

Post by Dystempr »

UltimaRatioRegum wrote:I've actually been waiting over 30 weeks for a body A I ordered by in April. I did order during the tax season sale, which was the second large sale after the release of the body F. The wait is tough though...

I am in the same boat. Ordered a body A in April, the nice part is supposedly I she should be finished by the end of this week. So next week I am hoping to have her in my arms.

Dys.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Rocky is right on the mark with the Mold problem. Abyss was not prepared for the popularity of the Body F, they had 1 mold and in a period of 2 weeks got 60doll orders. That was at there Christmas sale Most of which were Body F's. Same thing happened at their Tax sale. Just to give you some perspective, prior to the Body F release the Body D was the most popular and they have 4 molds for the Body D. At this point they have 3 molds for the Body F and are catching up on production.....

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

Zebo wrote: Rocky is right on the mark with the Mold problem. Abyss was not prepared for the popularity of the Body F, they had 1 mold and in a period of 2 weeks got 60doll orders. That was at there Christmas sale Most of which were Body F's. Same thing happened at their Tax sale. Just to give you some perspective, prior to the Body F release the Body D was the most popular and they have 4 molds for the Body D. At this point they have 3 molds for the Body F and are catching up on production.....
That's great to hear that they have 3 molds now and I can certainly say I understand the huge demand for the bodyF, It's one of their most amazing body designs and my Lilly was one of those first 60 ordered right at her release and I couldn't be more happy with how she turned out.

synthetik
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by synthetik »

As of the last week of October the estimated wait time was 22 weeks.

Scaper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Scaper »

Where are you getting these numbers? My doll has been "in production" for almost four months now and still waiting to hear about a ship date. (Purchased {paid in full} over ten months ago but production start was delayed for ~five weeks in early summer at my request while I relocated, but was supposed to keep my position in the queue.) According to the last correspondence from eight weeks ago, they are not experiencing "normal operations output". Hoping she arrives by mid-December, a year since placing my order, but I am not holding my breath.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Rocky-DollStacey wrote:
Zebo wrote: Rocky is right on the mark with the Mold problem. Abyss was not prepared for the popularity of the Body F, they had 1 mold and in a period of 2 weeks got 60doll orders. That was at there Christmas sale Most of which were Body F's. Same thing happened at their Tax sale. Just to give you some perspective, prior to the Body F release the Body D was the most popular and they have 4 molds for the Body D. At this point they have 3 molds for the Body F and are catching up on production.....
That's great to hear that they have 3 molds now and I can certainly say I understand the huge demand for the bodyF, It's one of their most amazing body designs and my Lilly was one of those first 60 ordered right at her release and I couldn't be more happy with how she turned out.
I think I can safely say that the whole Club Realdoll Membership is happy with the way Lilly turned out :lol:

synthetik
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by synthetik »

Scaper wrote:Where are you getting these numbers? My doll has been "in production" for almost four months now and still waiting to hear about a ship date. (Purchased {paid in full} over ten months ago but production start was delayed for ~five weeks in early summer at my request while I relocated, but was supposed to keep my position in the queue.) According to the last correspondence from eight weeks ago, they are not experiencing "normal operations output". Hoping she arrives by mid-December, a year since placing my order, but I am not holding my breath.
It sounds like your situation is a combination of you relocating and Abyss experiencing overwhelming demand. That's bad luck; sorry to hear that.

I learned about the 22 week estimate after placing an order in late October. The correspondence from Abyss made it clear that 22 is just an estimate and subject to change. But it seems to fit with everything else I've read on this thread. I think Abyss is catching up on production. I'm guessing that you won't be waiting too much longer.

BigCurtis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BigCurtis »

I received an estimate of 25 weeks day before yesterday, placed just before the sale went fully public.
Friends & Family
Freyja - RealDoll2 Body A Quinn
Gabby - RealDoll2 Hybrid Body A Gabrielle (Classic Face 16)

INFORMATIONS